PDA

View Full Version : Huuuuuuuge Late Fee

dances with broom sticks
12-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Ok, so I was watching bad boys 2 in my xbox (my mom stole my dvd player for the night) and then I go to bed.

I go to return it, and low and behold it doesnt turn on. When you push the button, the light comes on, and it makes noise but nothing else. I have had this problem for about 2 months, but I used to be able to turn it on after a few tries. Now it wont turn on at all.

I have been pushing the button for 45 minutes, and its just making noise. Is there any other way to get the disc out? I dont see one of those little holes that u push in and it ejects. I assume there is something seriously wrong with my xbox, but I also need the disc back to return the movie.

Any suggestions?

Spaztic
12-17-2003, 11:18 AM
There should be a pin size hole you can put a paperclip in that will manually eject the dvd tray.

dances with broom sticks
12-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
There should be a pin size hole you can put a paperclip in that will manually eject the dvd tray.

Thanks, I found it, Called tech support. Its gonna be $150 to fix the box :cry:

jelgiad
12-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks

Thanks, I found it, Called tech support. Its gonna be $150 to fix the box :cry:

damn, i'd just go buy me a new one. for thirty more dollars you get another s-type and 2 games (even if they are only clone wars and tetris)

RudedogX
12-17-2003, 11:34 AM
I think I'd do the same. 150 is a ridiculous amount.

JDHack0822
12-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Plus with the new box you will probably have less of a chance for it to break down again. Your call but I bet you will be without an Xbox for a while if you get it fixed, this way you can be playing today.

dances with broom sticks
12-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Oh, there is no way I am paying 150 to fix my xbox.

I will just shell out the money to buy a new one. I am canadian though, so I think its 249 for an xbox here

Dyslexic Chaos
12-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
Oh, there is no way I am paying 150 to fix my xbox.

I will just shell out the money to buy a new one. I am canadian though, so I think its 249 for an xbox here

$219.97 at walmart i think.

BunnyRabbit
12-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad

damn, i'd just go buy me a new one. for thirty more dollars you get another s-type and 2 games (even if they are only clone wars and tetris)

Yeah definitely...Sell your broken one to those people that refurbish xboxes..and Then buy a new one...Much much better deal..

SniperPete
12-17-2003, 01:17 PM
It may be just a blown fuse in the box or maby somethings unplugged or something.

jelgiad
12-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SniperPete
It may be just a blown fuse in the box or maby somethings unplugged or something.

yeah, but i think no matter what it is, microsoft has a standard 150 dollars repair fee

DocHoliday78
12-17-2003, 01:46 PM
That is why i am gonna make my bro buy the freakin warranty when he gets his on Xmas. Isnt it like 50 bucks or something?

SniperPete
12-17-2003, 01:53 PM
edited. 150 is rediculous

dances with broom sticks
12-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
That is why i am gonna make my bro buy the freakin warranty when he gets his on Xmas. Isnt it like 50 bucks or something?

Yea, I had the two year warranty, except my xbox is a launch box, so it just expired about a month ago :cuss:

Ill buy a new one, and open up the broken one to see if i cant just plug something back in.

g-w-soupnazi
12-17-2003, 04:04 PM
if you buy a new one... you'll lose all your saves... but have a samsung drive probably.

mitch2025
12-17-2003, 04:06 PM
my xbox only broke on me once and my uncle fixed it for free cos he knows alot about electrnics and computers and he has a modded xbox (ive never seen it:cry:) and it is one of the launch thompson xbox's

SniperPete
12-17-2003, 04:10 PM
you wont lose ure saves. put ure old HD in new xbox

E Nomini Patri
12-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SniperPete
you wont lose ure saves. put ure old HD in new xbox

The hard drives are coded to be recognized by the system, so if you swap, the codes won't match and it won't work.

Hope you have a memory unit!

cutthroat
12-17-2003, 07:29 PM
If I was in this situation I'd ask someone that I knew that handles that kind of stuff and ask to get it fixed. If you wanted to sell it they'd probably screw you over?

cutthroat
12-17-2003, 07:36 PM
My friend had a PS2 sitting on top of an 30 inch tall speecher. It fell off with a rented game in it. The CD messed up his whole system, he couldn't get it open either. Sony had him send the whole console to then and they fixed it. They sent him the game back two months later. I don't know about the fines.

WynnFire
12-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

There are some game files that are too big for memory cards, I think they are for halo. Plus it would hours to copy everything over and the music can't be transfered. I would hate to buy a new one even if it would be my only choice. Too bad you can't connect two Xbox's together and transfer saves and music.

Spaztic
12-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

The hard drives are coded to be recognized by the system, so if you swap, the codes won't match and it won't work.

I second that!

I would mod you broken xbox!