PDA

View Full Version : PS3? T or F?

Markus_Kalarkus
01-02-2002, 05:58 PM
i heard rumorz of ps3 have any of u? that wud suck!!! well plz vote if u think ps3 is truew or false thnx;)

monkeyman
01-02-2002, 06:01 PM
dont know but if they do it wont be for awhile

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 06:13 PM
It's true. But, there are rumors that Microsoft is already in production of XBox's successor which has been apparently dubbed the "Homestation" (or XBox 2)....but, give it a couple years...Give Sony atleast 3-4 :D

Whisper
01-02-2002, 06:30 PM
ok this is bull crap now... no more dam systems unless Microsoft wants to make this cheap (with trade in of XBOX) ... I thought I had bought my last system for at least 5 years... man... Bill Gates just wants more and more money... Im not sure who I want dead more Bin Laden or Gates

monkeyman
01-02-2002, 06:35 PM
grrrrrr i know i thought it would be awhile if there is a x-box2 in like 2 or 3 years im gonna be ****ed they shouldnt make systems that fast its un-human like

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Well, since so many people bought X-Box, I don't think they can afford X-Box 2, in only 2 or 3 years. I know I can't.

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 06:55 PM
Dudes...Take a chill pill, folks :D Just think about it for a moment. Sony is so freaked out by the XBox, they are going to try and beat it with the PS3...Personally, I think Microsoft is smart as hell for atleast starting a rumor that they are going to up Sony once again...lol...

I wouldn't let it bother you guys...It just means more innovation for the future. Sony and Microsoft are just in their planning stages....There's a hell of a lot of work to do...When I first found out, I was a little dumbfounded....I mean, how can games be much better? We have just touch touched the tip of the ice berg...expect amazing gaming in the future...Personally, I'm pumped :D

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 08:38 PM
The PS3 is true, it has been rumored since the PS2 was released, and was true then too. But it was still in concept stages then and it prolly still is now. You know without a doubt there is going to be one...but it is true about that rumor. As far as the "HomeStation" goes that was just a hoax. In a review with a gamedeveloper I read it was just a hoax by some website where they had a "pic" of it...100% hoax...although Maximus is right, it will take a long time to release a next gen system...they dont even have a prototype of it, and it is a long ways off...I think we dont need a next gen console anyways for another 5 or so years when there is a significant technology increase...look how long the PSX lasted (and is still putt-putting around), hopefully the Xbox will last just as long if not longer...

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
[Bstages....There's a hell of a lot of work to do...When I first found out, I was a little dumbfounded....I mean, how can games be much better? [/B]

Microsoft X-Box 2 (Not Real yet, just how it could be better)
Watch it can be much better.

2.0 GHZ Processor (instead of the 733mhz atm)
Geforce 4 (when it is released, rumoured to be the most advanced graphics cards ever)
500mps

Alot more tweaks, what I just described would probably cost about say $1900, but hey thats how they "COULD" make it better.

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Dont forget, MS is losing money selling the Xbox, so they need to sell enough Xboxes to make money before they do an "Xbox2". If they wind up losing money (impossible) then theres no way anyone can talk bill into doing it again...but its interesting how much bill likes the Xbox and knows he can profit from it...

E-Xbox
01-02-2002, 09:31 PM
hey all
i think that there wont be a PS3
sony will make a new system but it wont be called "PS3"
it will be called something...else
lata all

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 09:35 PM
Oh it will be called PS3...if theres a PS2 and a PS9 (lol) then there will be a PS3

LynxFX
01-02-2002, 10:02 PM
The homestation as shown on that website was a hoax. The concept is true, not that MS will let on though. But it won't be an xbox 2. It will be the same xbox but bundled with an all in one system that has a tivo unit and basically be an entertainment hub with net access.

This is if they actually go through with it. It could easily get scrapped and then the hoax is true. :D

FraZz3k
01-02-2002, 10:11 PM
i was just thinking... The "Console" war has been going on a long time, and I wonder if it will EVER end?? I hope not, its fun to watch.

Whisper
01-02-2002, 10:32 PM
yeah it will end eventually, when something new and captivating catches gamers attention... like a portable virtual sex robot that you can download celebrity personalitys into the robot then it mutates into an exact clone of that person... mmmm mmm mmm.... hey didnt you see that futurama episode, hehe :)

but anyway, yeah it will end eventually, might take a long time, but everything ends eventually

sinizuh
01-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002

2.0 GHZ Processor (instead of the 733mhz atm)
Geforce 4 (when it is released, rumoured to be the most advanced graphics cards ever)
500mps

in 4-5 years, that's going to be one hell of a weak console.

CO1
01-02-2002, 11:44 PM
I read somewhere that the PS3 is real and Sony has moved up it's release date to late 2003 because they have been out classed by the XBox. Weather this is true or not I don't know but the simple fact is that the XBox is more than twice as powerful as the PS2 so if I was Sony I would come up with something that can compare. The only advantage Sony has right now is that their system has been out longer so more people own a PS2 and there are more games but that will change in a year or so.

Koopa
01-02-2002, 11:58 PM
the simple fact is that the XBox is more than twice as powerful as the PS2

...and yet i fail to see games that have twice as pretty graphics on Xbox than on PS2..

but on a much lighter note, I see nothing but increasing popularity for videogames...and I think eventually they'll become a lot more mainstream...I'm thinking they'll have their own nationally broadcast awards show (like the Oscars or the Emmys or whatnot)...I know you'll think I'm a nut, but I believe and hope that eventually games will rise to the level of art. Just like film has become a means of expressing yourself, games should take us in that direction...as a means of expressing an idea or an emotion through an interactive experience.

and back to the subject...I don't expect to see a PS3, Xbox2, or Gamesphere until at least 2005/2006...and I'm expecting a lot more than just prettier graphics. so far, every other generation has been revolutionary.

NES/MS-SNES/Genesis = evolutionary (better graphics...the best of 2d)

SNES/Genesis-N64/PSX=revolutionary (3d)

N64/PSX-GC/Xbox/PS2=evolutionary (better graphics..the best of 3d so far)

now what will the next gaming revolution be? I'm hoping it'll be in the audio field, with voice recognition software, among other things (imagine yelling "COVER ME" and having NPC's in your game actually help you out).

JJaX
01-03-2002, 10:58 AM
playstation 3 is gonna rock!

http://www.misinformer.com/archive/01-01/15/ps3front.jpg

Read all about it here!!

http://www.misinformer.com/archive/01-01/15.html

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 11:10 AM
JJaX, I read that whole thing, pretty funny :D :D

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
playstation 3 is gonna rock!

http://www.misinformer.com/archive/01-01/15/ps3front.jpg

Read all about it here!!

http://www.misinformer.com/archive/01-01/15.html

lol, I love that picture...lol...I saw it a while ago but it never seems to get old :D

SciFi
01-03-2002, 11:21 AM
even has a duckie to keep you company...;)

Koopa
01-03-2002, 02:11 PM
grrr i make a big long post and noone even acknowledges it...:mad:

anyway, I saw that PS3 article...funny stuff indeed.

LynxFX
01-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Ok Koopa, I'll comment on your post.

About the 2x as powerful bit.

First off, you know as much as me that with every generation of games the better they start to look because developers actually learn how to exploit the power of each console. Look at the first gen PSX games compared to the last gen games of them. Huge difference. Now look at first gen PS2 games compared to the latest offerings like MGS2. Still a difference. Xbox only has first gen games and quite a few are ports that take advantage of very little that the xbox has to offer. Others do take advantage, DOA3, Halo but are still first gen games. They do look better than most PS2 games though and since 2x better is subjective I wouldn't say they are 2x either.

The specs themselves are 2x as powerful, heck even 3x in some aspects but you can't go by that like you know.

Give it time for the xbox to come out with some 2nd gen games and we shall see exactly what it can or can not do.

As for the rest that you posted I like what you posted. I hope they do become a form or art rather than just a kids entertainment toy. True voice recognition would be awesome. HD standard for all games(1080i) like 480p is standard for all xbox games now. No load times. Wireless broadband connection and networks. More creativity over all in what a console can do. Give us something we haven't thought of before.