PDA

View Full Version : Fixing dirty disc errors?

Wolfboy_888
12-17-2003, 03:08 PM
i found this on ebay..someone posted it as an item...i havent tested it but it may work...

Here it is: First, turn power on and make sure there is no game cd in your system. On the screen you will see 3 options, by using your controller, highlight the settings option. Hit the A button on your controller. Second, you will see 6 more options, using your controller again, highlight the audio option and press A on your controller. Third and lastly, your XBOX will probably be set on stereo, change this option to mono by using your controller highlighting the mono option. Then press the A button on your controller. Press the B button on your controller twice to get back to the main option page. Your done. Place your favorite game disc in and play. Because Microsoft used 4 low end hard drive makers to make there hard drives, after time the stereo circuit resistors shorts the main hard drive that basically prevents the hard drive to read disc's. This will close the circuit and will allow you to play games again. I hope this was your problem, and you can have fun again with your Xbox. Thank you and have a safe and Happy Holiday.

bobby9989
12-17-2003, 03:10 PM
With Halo if I have dirty disc error's I play a split screen game then quit and then system link games will work good.

Wolfboy_888
12-17-2003, 03:29 PM
ok this doesnt work on mine...mine doesnt even have the audio menu

SniperPete
12-17-2003, 04:03 PM
they all do......

Wolfboy_888
12-17-2003, 04:37 PM
mine doesnt.. im serious theres nothing

Shorezy
12-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Interesting! I'll try it for sure man, thanks for the idea. Nice find! If it works i'll be sure to let you know.

RagunCajun
12-17-2003, 06:15 PM
There, problem solved.
http://www.xbcforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=10

Shadow20002
12-17-2003, 11:13 PM
hmm that's means you can't hear in stereo ? :watchout:

tamim
12-18-2003, 08:23 AM
Theres another way....

If your game disk freezes, or shows dirty disk error, take out the disk and play atleast 3 other games for 5 mins each. This completely clears out the xbox cache, and theres a much higher chance that your game will work this time.

Also, deleting your save file might work, but its a painfull way :/

AntiSOBMachine
12-18-2003, 08:28 AM
DEMOS-Boil'em
GAMES-Skip Doctor or sound trick(never tryed that b4):eek:
I cant sacrifice Dolby Digital, sry.:eek:

AntiSOBMachine
12-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by tamim
Theres another way....

If your game disk freezes, or shows dirty disk error, take out the disk and play atleast 3 other games for 5 mins each. This completely clears out the xbox cache, and theres a much higher chance that your game will work this time.

Also, deleting your save file might work, but its a painfull way :/

Yes deleting save games do work it sorta defragments the HD
I had trouble with that on Morrowind. I deleted some save files and the box worked fine after that.

# 1 Stunner
12-18-2003, 11:30 AM
i still dont see the option for the audio.....any one else got a better a idea?

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 01:37 PM
The only time I have ever received a dirty disc error is when I play Halo on XBConnect. However, it's easy to bypass:

Just go to the "Searching for games" screen and hit "Y" to create a game. Then hit "B" to back out. It's that simple. Why this works, I don't know...but, it does...every single time.

The cool thing is that you only have to do this once every single time you turn on your XBox.

Shadow20002
12-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Hello Max long time no see you around here.......

gaming_god
01-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Wolfboy_888
ok this doesnt work on mine...mine doesnt even have the audio menu

i dont have the audio menu either.......whats up with that

RagunCajun
01-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
The only time I have ever received a dirty disc error is when I play Halo on XBConnect. However, it's easy to bypass:

Just go to the "Searching for games" screen and hit "Y" to create a game. Then hit "B" to back out. It's that simple. Why this works, I don't know...but, it does...every single time.

The cool thing is that you only have to do this once every single time you turn on your XBox.
nice, thats what i said:watchout:

Casper
01-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by gaming_god

i dont have the audio menu either.......whats up with that

How do you guys not see the Audio menu? Are you on the XBL screen still? If so, click on Main Menu -> Settings -> Audio

mitch2025
01-02-2004, 03:14 PM
if you have that original 3 prong thing that came with the xbox pluged into your TV then you should have an audio menu, but if you had to buy an attachment like the RF adapter that plugs nto the cable prong thing then you dont have that option

DJ_tsugaru
01-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Crapy question... How the hell you find this on ebay?