PDA

View Full Version : First rule of Fight Club is...

Brevity
12-18-2003, 08:10 AM
...you do not make a ****ing video game based on Fight Club.

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1416300,00.asp

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/5/0,3363,sz=1&i=52614,00.jpg

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/5/0,3363,sz=1&i=51837,00.jpg

If you barfed as a result of looking at this,,,,I am sorry.

:(

Matt Freegard
12-18-2003, 08:15 AM
And it had to be made by Vivendi didn't it?

What a stupid idea.:(

Tim
12-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Why is it stupid!? I love fighting games. The graphics didn't look bad, did they?

Dirty DeStrO
12-18-2003, 08:33 AM
We all know that they are going to spend a minimal amount of time, money,a nd creative talent developing this game. THey will probably put new graphic models over old action sequences ... they are going to try and sell to people who loved "fight club", not necessarily gamers. Does anyone else see the complete irony in this? The entire movie is about avoiding the material possessions in life that tie us down and now they are marketing a video game ... what's next a lunchbox and action figures.

CarGuy
12-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Wow look at the sweet jump kick!! :eek:

RudedogX
12-18-2003, 08:43 AM
Can I burn down the Vivendi building now?:huh:

Matt Freegard
12-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Nobody would worry if you did.

RudedogX
12-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Matt Freegard
Nobody would worry if you did. I might....at least getting caught:watchout:

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Dirty DeStrO
Does anyone else see the complete irony in this? The entire movie is about avoiding the material possessions in life that tie us down and now they are marketing a video game ... what's next a lunchbox and action figures.
:rofl: :hail:

DD, that is so true, mang. I heard about this game being in production a couple days ago, and didn't think twice about it.

Wonder if the game will come w/ a bar of soap?

Brevity
12-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Now I am a real fan of fight club, I cant tell you the thousands of times I have watched it. Mostly as something to do while folding landry or what not. But I would not touch this game. Now a real fight club game would go down GTA style, and you could pull it off without being to much of a copy cat. But thats not what this game is doing. I tell you I read the title of a thread where I first heard about this and I was like HELL YA, I love that show its about time..,....,.,then I was very sad.:mad:

BunnyRabbit
12-18-2003, 01:53 PM
The movie was koo... I only saw it once and dont plan on seeing it again, but it was an entertaining movie... Video game though is yes a no no... Well, mostly just because I dont care for fighting games all to much..Unless weapons can become incolved..:p

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 02:00 PM
This one will flop worse than Backyard Wrestling.

Dirty DeStrO
12-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Now I am a real fan of fight club, I cant tell you the thousands of times I have watched it. Mostly as something to do while folding landry or what not. But I would not touch this game. Now a real fight club game would go down GTA style, and you could pull it off without being to much of a copy cat. But thats not what this game is doing. I tell you I read the title of a thread where I first heard about this and I was like HELL YA, I love that show its about time..,....,.,then I was very sad.:mad:

Brev .. you are absolutely right they could do a game called Project Mayhem ... based on the movement he created and you could be in charge of conducting acts of 'civil disobedience ... it would be worth making just we could hear all the activists start screaming about how it was encouraging domestic terrorrism. But it would be pretty sweet. THIS GAME WILL SUCK THOUGH.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-19-2003, 04:48 AM
I don't understand why are they making a game of fight club? Fight Club is a action/ dramatic type of movie. Its mostly talking. And its going to be made by Vivendi? They canned the treson of Isengard for god sake!
The first rule of figh club is you do not talk about fight club.
The second rule of fight club is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

X-Fan
12-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
This one will flop worse than Backyard Wrestling.
make that kabuki warriors maxi.

Kyle Static
12-19-2003, 03:56 PM
You know what we need to have a good Video Game based upon a movie? We need the producers or whoever to take the innitiative, give a game developer rights to the name, and then allow them to make the damn game. Most of time the developers of video games have to spend half of the damn developement money just to get rights to the name, and then they have to rush it out to the streets unfinished, unpolished, and basically just as a terrible game.

Damn you!:cuss:

Sexaya
12-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Static
You know what we need to have a good Video Game based upon a movie? We need the producers or whoever to take the innitiative, give a game developer rights to the name, and then allow them to make the damn game. Most of time the developers of video games have to spend half of the damn developement money just to get rights to the name, and then they have to rush it out to the streets unfinished, unpolished, and basically just as a terrible game.

Damn you!:cuss:

Newsflash, that's what happened with 'Enter the Matrix' and it wasn't that good. The producers wanted to make the game and it actually flopped pretty badly. I think the same thing happend with 'The Hulk' but that turned out to be a good game. Something I know is being watched over by producers is 'The Matrix 0nline' as it was their idea. Oh well, we'll just have to see.

Anyway, I loved Fight Club, but they should've made an RPG out of it if anything. Blah, I'm not hyped. :watchout:

Kyle Static
12-20-2003, 02:32 AM
well....boy is my face red *slowly backs into the shadows*:o

RagunCajun
12-21-2003, 12:46 AM
only thing good about backyard wrestling was the ICP music and characters. Yeah ima fan.

Anyways, the game doesnt look too damn good. If you think about all the fighters out there such as soul caliber 2. It is hard to compete. Ah well. It could shock us all and be better than anything we've seen.:watchout:

J Dub
12-21-2003, 02:57 AM
Fight Club was about so much more than the fighting. This game defeats the whole purpose of the movie.

Ugh...

MatrixMaul
12-22-2003, 11:33 PM
oh man....After much demanding by my friends(ThCovenant) I watched Fight Club only 3 days ago. I absolutely loved the movie, but, like much in my life, G-D has decided to let something like this happen just to make me cringe when hearing about Fight Club. I say we all go Project Mayhem on the Vivendi building!!

Hard Boiled Cop
12-23-2003, 11:38 AM
The film is more than just about fighting. If you listen carefully and look at the settings, its to live without the unnecessary possessions or give away it. It wants you to live without possessions that are not needed in life. Fighting helps to relieve tension and makes you think about your life.