PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Halo?

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 10:12 AM
I am. I can't believe people can be so totally enraptured by this game. Yes, it is excellent. Yes, it is fun. Yes, it is one of the best titles on the Xbox.

But it is NOT the end all, be all of games. I'm so tired of hearing about Halo 2 and all the "What color is your fave for Halo Multiplayer?" nonsense. The game is old, and even though I just got my copy a little over a year ago, I'm over it. I haven't even touched the game for over a month. XBC is the only thing that even revived that game for me, and that lasted all of a month.

So, yeah, I'm tired of Halo talk. All of it. It bores me, and I'm simply amazed at the fanaticism surrounding both that title and it's predecessor.

That said, I hand the thread over to all of you guys to flame me and stroke Bungie's love muscle....

:argue1:

JJaX
12-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Seems people cant move on...Its as simple as that.
Or they are to cheap to get XBL, and think XBC Halo is the only good gaming to be done on Xbox.

Only time ill play Halo now, is if im at a buddies, we are drinking, and feel the need to play a 4 player game.

Salmonaitor
12-18-2003, 11:29 AM
I can't say that I am. True, you can only campaign so many times. XBC is impersonal, and it sometimes sucks playing with people you don't know, with lag and typing and stuff. I think Halo is a game that's best played among friends. One of my favourite things to do still, is have a LAN party with my buddies. We try to get new people to come out all the time, 'cause it's exciting to see someone get excited about playing Halo for the first time. Heck, I know guys who didn't know you could system link Xboxes until recently. They're re-discovering Halo now through system link. I think this game is a timeless classic, right up there with Pong, Pac-Man, Mario Bros. etc. And, for a lot of us, it's what made us buy an Xbox in the first place, and encourage all our friends to buy it too.

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 01:16 PM
As each day goes by, I'm even more addicted to Halo.

thrAsher...say it isn't so! :yikes:

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

:) I knew you'd get around to this thread. Thanks for taking it easy on me. :p

Okay, I'll say this much at least, Max: I'm having a sh*te day at work, and while browsing I noticed that every other thread mentioned Halo or Halo 2.

Therefore, the rant. You'd think it was the only game out on the X. I suppose I am more sick of the constant jibber-jabber about the game then the actual game, however I don't even think about popping Halo in unless my little brother comes to stay the night, or my buddy calls and wants to XBC it. I'd rather get w/ the new ish, like PoP and Metal Arms.

I agree w/ Salmonaitor in the respect that Halo is a must at a LAN. No brainer there. And while it may be that game that most people buy the X for, Morrowind was my reason.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'll try and ignore the "Halo R0x0rz!!!1!1" threads. And now that the BAG is over and the boards have died down, I'm guessing there won't be quite as many.

ShadowWolf
12-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Yes, Halo can get boring at times, especially when you cream your friends in versus, but when you try to do stuff that wasn't suppose to be done, it can get fun.

Originally posted by thrAsher
And while it may be that game that most people buy the X for, Morrowind was my reason.

Hehehe, same here :)

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, if there is new information on Halo 2, for example, I'll definately be all over those threads like stink on dung :D

New information is the key words used there :cheers:

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Well, if there is new information on Halo 2, for example, I'll definately be all over those threads like stink on dung :D

New information is the key words used there :cheers:
News, info, screens on Halo 2, those threads are great. Bring 'em on. Just spare me the gushing two word posts declaring your love for the game (not you Max, speakin' of the n00bs).

And Shadow Wolf.... :cheers: :)

SnoochyBoochy
12-18-2003, 02:21 PM
you know what i'm sick of? i'm sick of going from playing counter strike, to playing halo and pressing L to crouch, throwing a grenade and blowing myself up. :(

MrV
12-18-2003, 02:24 PM
ive been playing it week in and week out for the past year, and havn't of yet got bored. and when will i? seeing as halo 2 is just round the corner, it should keep me going for a good few years :)

CMX Jedi
12-18-2003, 02:50 PM
i only play halo when my dad comes home.
(the thing is, hes getting better and hes starting to be a chalenge)

LynxFX
Haven't played it in well over a year, and probably only played it a good month or two before I was done with it. (not just finishing it but got my playtime out of it) It was a great game, albeit overly repeatative in the middle to the point of being obnoxious, but it wasn't nearly as addictive as other FPS games for me, like Quake 2, Counter Strike, BF1942, and Unreal Tournament Assault.

I never had any interest playing it through XBC or Gamespy.

I am looking forward to Halo2, but to give you an idea of what my excitement level is, I didn't even bother seeing the demo at E3 this past year.

:watchout:

Sigma
I have been sick of HALO for quite sometime. It is a good game and all and one of the best games for the Xbox, but it isn't the best game ever made. I wouldn't even call HALO the best FPS ever. HALO is simply a good game.

dd deeznuts
halo still kicks ass for me been playing it since the day it came out, but mosty just play on xbc with some friends, and when they leave i like to play with myself hmm and not with halo :D

ShadowWolf
12-18-2003, 03:14 PM
And Shadow Wolf.... :cheers: :)

Thanks mate. Morrowind is a great game as an RPG.

Bakc on topic- Halo can be fun if you try something..... different. My friend and I just a couple weeks ago discovered the fun of blowing a warthog into the air (I never saw this online either). Also making giant totem poles in a lan party is fun ^_^.

DocHoliday78
12-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Well for me my halo addiction just begun a month ago or so when i started playing on XBC. I cant get enough of it right now. My friends lan alot so i can always get a quick fix but i will probably grow tired in a few months (untill halo 2):p

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ShadowWolf
Bakc on topic- Halo can be fun if you try something..... different. My friend and I just a couple weeks ago discovered the fun of blowing a warthog into the air (I never saw this online either). Also making giant totem poles in a lan party is fun ^_^.

Hahaha. You know, last time I played Halo, me and my buddy spent more time setting up jumps on Blood Gulch using different combos. For instance, we'd set up a warthog in front of a base and haul arse at it w/ a ghost to see if we could clear the base entirely. We spent most of the time trying out tricks and stuff, and very little actually going for frags.

Peepers
12-18-2003, 04:21 PM
I love Halo, and I still play it occasionally, but I can't play it for hours on end like I used to. I've put hundreds of hours into that game, so I tend to get "Haloed out" pretty quickly now. It'd be a different story if they made Halo 1.5 because half the reason I don't play it much anymore is multiplayer. Sure I have XBC, but its almost impossible for a single to get a good game on XBC, and even with several people on your box, it takes a while to get a game going. XBC is great but it can't match the features and conveniences of XBL.

Spaztic
12-18-2003, 04:25 PM
I haven't played Halo for over 6 months! I am addicted to ESPN Football though....haven't stopped playing it since its release! One hellofa game!

RagunCajun
12-18-2003, 04:41 PM
I play my halo on xbox online almost every day. Its still fun. Also i dont give hand jobs bungie or its workers. I dont know anybody who does. There is nothing wrong with somebody playing a game and liking it and talking about it. I wouldnt complain about all the halo threads on here. The majority are better than some of the crap i see posted. *sighs*

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
I play my halo on xbox online almost every day. Its still fun. Also i dont give hand jobs bungie or its workers. I dont know anybody who does. There is nothing wrong with somebody playing a game and liking it and talking about it. I wouldnt complain about all the halo threads on here. The majority are better than some of the crap i see posted. *sighs*

:)

Ragun, perhaps you missed the point where I noted how I've had a crapper of a day. I may have been too harsh in my first post, so don't take it personal, dude. Just my opinion.

ShadowWolf
12-18-2003, 05:04 PM
In Sidewinder, or Blood Gulch, have ya ever made a 15 or16 person totem pole? In Sidewinder I did with my friends during a lan party. It was actually 4 people, but we each had an Xbox and 4 controllers. It was really fun to run through the bottom person with a hog and watch them all go flying down to the ground :D

AloneInTheDark
12-18-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
you know what i'm sick of? i'm sick of going from playing counter strike, to playing halo and pressing L to crouch, throwing a grenade and blowing myself up. :(

:rofl: I feel the same way.

Peepers
12-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

Who said anything about a "hand job?" :watchout:

You're right, there is nothing wrong with somebody playing a game; there's nothing wrong with his liking it; there's nothing wrong with his talking about it--except when is talking about it entails pointless "Is Hal0 the m0st r0xx0rs gAmE eVeR??!!?!!111" threads, complete with a poll. This sort of thing, espescially 2+ years after Halo's release, just gets a little tiresome. But anyway...

Jaclyn154
12-18-2003, 06:10 PM

Excellent.:cheers: Hey, thrAsher, your not giving up on Halo, are you? I don't think we the Halo lovers could stand to lose you.:cry:

Jaclyn154
12-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy

Ha. That's funny. I do the same thing. :cheers:

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Jaclyn154

Excellent.:cheers: Hey, thrAsher, your not giving up on Halo, are you? I don't think we the Halo lovers could stand to lose you.:cry:

Do I sense some sarcasm? ;)

Not giving up on it, no. I'm looking forward to Halo 2, and plan on playing the death out of that. I will certainly play the first again, multiplayer that is, I just don't see it happening until I throw another LAN party.

I kinda had the same thing happen as what Snooch is talking about. When I first got Halo, I'd been playing Morrowind like my life depended on it. I got so used to jumping w/ the left trigger, that when I played Halo I'd kill myself over and over and over 'cuz I was a bigtime grenade slut. LOL.

Xtopia
12-18-2003, 06:39 PM
It's simple. I have Rainbow Six 3. I just don't really need Halo anymore. Sure, I play it once in a while but not much.

Jaclyn154
12-18-2003, 06:45 PM

Do I sense some sarcasm? ;)

Not giving up on it, no. I'm looking forward to Halo 2, and plan on playing the death out of that. I will certainly play the first again, multiplayer that is, I just don't see it happening until I throw another LAN party.

I kinda had the same thing happen as what Snooch is talking about. When I first got Halo, I'd been playing Morrowind like my life depended on it. I got so used to jumping w/ the left trigger, that when I played Halo I'd kill myself over and over and over 'cuz I was a bigtime grenade slut. LOL.

Well, I'm glad to now your not giving up on Halo. You seem to be quite popular around here. And I can respect your opinion. I belive Halo can get boring, eventually. Did you get the secret ending? You've got to beat the last level on legandary. And I was serious about losing you as a Halo fan, though we just met.;)

E Nomini Patri
12-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Here's the reason why Halo is one of the best games ever:

http://halo.bungie.org/story

Hey Lynx, you really need to see the E3 demo (http://halo.bungie.org/misc/e32003trailermirrors.html), it's incredible!

thrAsher
12-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jaclyn154
Did you get the secret ending? You've got to beat the last level on legandary. And I was serious about losing you as a Halo fan, though we just met.;)

No, I am scum, and you've discovered my secret. I suck at Halo... :cry: :)

LOL. Really, no I haven't. I'm a purist w/ games. Like movies. I HATE :cuss: when people tell me anything about a movie or game that I haven't seen/played. Hate it!

I'm very selfish about discovering those things for myself. If I never see the Legendary ending for Halo, I probably never will.

It's like I gotta earn it.

So, yeah, I'm stuck on Legendary @ Truth and Reconciliation, where you first get onto the ship. Heck, it made me sweat more than once on Heroic (the BEST difficulty to play for an old fogie like me).

:rofl: I just realized I started this thread this morning at work as an 'Anti-Halo thread', and I've posted in it about 5 thousand times. And as far as that 'popular' comment, it's more like 'prolific'. I post a lot and am not afraid to take it straight as I can to any buncha words posted here. We're all opinions w/ spines.

nG-Punisher
12-18-2003, 09:11 PM
I see halo as a game when me and the guys got nothing else to do so we sit down and play us some games of halo....brings out the bragging rights and the taunting

Loop
12-18-2003, 09:34 PM

X-Fan
12-18-2003, 10:35 PM
i am still addicted to playing halo however even though i really wanna play it online i hate the way xbc operates.

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
It's simple. I have Rainbow Six 3. I just don't really need Halo anymore. Sure, I play it once in a while but not much.

It really shows on-line, too :D :p

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan
i am still addicted to playing halo however even though i really wanna play it online i hate the way xbc operates.

Why? I think it's fine, personally. I'm just happy that it exists! Otherwise, my house would be filled with halo freaks every other day! :watchout:

nof
12-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Ill never get sick of Halo.

Until Halo 2 get's released.

X-Fan
12-18-2003, 11:03 PM

Why? I think it's fine, personally. I'm just happy that it exists! Otherwise, my house would be filled with halo freaks every other day! :watchout:
but dont u think there is too much hassle in joining games.?i keep trying to join game sna dthey keep kicking me.

LynxFX
12-19-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Hey Lynx, you really need to see the E3 demo (http://halo.bungie.org/misc/e32003trailermirrors.html), it's incredible!
Don't worry, I've seen the demo. I meant that I didn't bother seeing it while at E3. For one thing the line was nearly 3 hours long and I knew I could just download it when I got back. It was a great demo and showed some serious progress from Halo, but Half Life 2's video blew it away, IMO. Both should be great games.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-19-2003, 04:55 AM
No other first person game beat Halo. Only Halo 2.

AntiSOBMachine
12-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Well, Halo does get....uh.....old after a while, BUT its the ONLY game i keep coming back to, thats why its the only game i havent thought about trading.Halo 2 though is one that i will talk about becuz it gets better( the rumored info) by the day.
Thats why i have Unreal Championship to make me feel better after im burnt out on Halo.Halo, its a base game people always find sumthin different and fun(funny) to do.:)

Kyle Static
12-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Well, halo isn't necissarily boring to me, but I see where your coming from. The Halo single player has become a bit old since I've beaten it about 3 times solo, and 3 times co-op. So even though the single player is getting old, the MP is rockin!

Me and my friends frequently get together on weekends and have big lan parties, and it keeps halo interesting and fun. My other friend just got high speed, so now I can play him on XBC (The game that Maximus-XBA tried to kick me from! :p) which makes it all the better. I mean today at 4 oclock were all heading to his house to play these *******s in oregon who think they're so damn hot! Were gonna mess em up good! ;)

Well, halo MP won't die until Halo 2 MP takes over, thats my opinion.

SmileBit
12-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Maybe its the fact that outside of Halo and a few other titles XBox has nothing. When MS gets some other good titles on its console we will see people leave Halo alone.

jelgiad
12-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Maybe its the fact that outside of Halo and a few other titles XBox has nothing. When MS gets some other good titles on its console we will see people leave Halo alone.

Maybe its the fact that, even though MS as a crapload of good titles, Halo is one of best multiplayers because of lan play. There are alot of new games that are really good, but because lan play requires an xbox/tv/game for each person, its not all that easy to come by.

Sexaya
12-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Hey, SmileBit... I understand not wanting to be a XBox fanboy but to completely hate it. Why are you on this site? It seems every post you make is negative... That's just my opinion of course. There are more than a 'few' good titles on the XBox, there are MANY. In fact so many, that I had trouble picking the ones I want that I could afford.

Just my humble opinion, :cheers:

Anyway, on to the topic. I'm a slow gamer (very slow), and so due to the fact that I've had Halo for a few months and I didn't finish it yet, its safe to say that it'll take me a while longer to get sick of it. (It's not that I suck, it's just that I have little gaming time). But I'm currently at Keyes, so one more level and I'm done, woohoo! Now I can go to Heroic.

XBC does extened Halo's longevity a bit, but I find it a bit frustrating, getting kicked/or if I just disconnect means climbing two levels every two seconds. Now that just sucks. Then again in the rare times I manage to play for over 10 minutes it is great.

FragMaster B
12-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Are they making a sequel to Halo?!?!?! Wow! That'd be cool wouldn't it...

:eek:

Kyle Static
12-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Smilebit, there are many more excellent titles on Xbox than on PS2 or on GC. The only reason the GC is ahead of the box is because its as expensive as a nice pair of socks. How the ps2 continues to beat the xbox in sales is mind boggling, Japanese commmunity aside. Not to sound like a fanboy, but I did my research before buying a console, and Xbox was the best way to go.

faceoff508
12-19-2003, 07:40 PM
What are you talkign about? I am still playing this game its been over 2 years now. I never get boered with this game, I have played it so many times... unbeleivable

xbox genius
12-19-2003, 10:04 PM
i still talk about halo with a few of my gaming friends... altho i do think halo is waaaaay too old now... but your right, it is fun, best game, blah blah, but its just what people have time to do i guess....................

now i dont talk about halo much, now i talk how much i want games for christmas :D

FaTeL DeAtH
12-21-2003, 09:21 AM
ok well yea halo is old now but its still fun. i know like every inch of that game and i still play it sometimes. i gotta say thou the multiplayer is just great and i still play with my friends. Halo is old but i dun have anything negative to say about it.

l Maximus l
12-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan

but dont u think there is too much hassle in joining games.?i keep trying to join game sna dthey keep kicking me.

Yeah...that part can be a pain in the ass...Many dudes that play on XBC are descriminatory of single players versus dudes that have 2, 3, or 4 on one XBox instead.

Personally, I find that the people that play by themselves are usually the most hardcore.

alistein
12-21-2003, 03:16 PM
I have to agree the Halo hype is way too much. It is definitely a great game but it's still a game and it's definitely not the best in the world but I can't really blame anyone after all this seems to be the best the xbox is able to pull out for now most of the other games on xbox are either not good or fall into genres difficulty to stay into and most of the xbox games let's face it have been no show when compared to the ps2 but I think 2004 will put a damper in the Halo hype when more great games fully utilizing the xbox hardware are released. Even now there is fear from Ms to release any footage or trailer for games like Perfectdark Oddworld 4 and some secret games in development which may quickly make Halo 2 a forgotten game and so the focus is only on Halo2 for now there will be no news on any other competitor untill Halo 2 releases. And you can be sure after Halo 2 there will be no more Halo games on this generation of xbox consoles .

kenji
12-21-2003, 07:12 PM
I still play with my frineds, 8-man and stuff, but I am really craving a new FPS. I haven't played a real FPS since the release of Halo, and I really need something new. And Halo 2 is coming along with Unreal 2, so it THink that I will be satisfied.

Happy Holidays!:cheers:

Jaclyn154
12-21-2003, 07:32 PM

No, I am scum, and you've discovered my secret. I suck at Halo... :cry:

LOL. Really, no I haven't. I'm a purist w/ games. Like movies. I HATE :cuss: when people tell me anything about a movie or game that I haven't seen/played. Hate it!

I'm very selfish about discovering those things for myself. If I never see the Legendary ending for Halo, I probably never will.

It's like I gotta earn it.

So, yeah, I'm stuck on Legendary @ Truth and Reconciliation, where you first get onto the ship. Heck, it made me sweat more than once on Heroic (the BEST difficulty to play for an old fogie like me).

Go ahead and make me feel bad thrAsher. And all you have to do is the last level. And ,well, here it goes. I didn't beat it by myself. My brother and I did it on 2 player. Sorry if I dissapointed you. I'll try to keep my mouth shut. And I bet you better than you say you are. S***, now I sound like my mom. Sorry about spoiling it for you.(I don't know why this paragragh is in bold.)

[/QUOTE]:rofl: I just realized I started this thread this morning at work as an 'Anti-Halo thread', and I've posted in it about 5 thousand times. And as far as that 'popular' comment, it's more like 'prolific'. I post a lot and am not afraid to take it straight as I can to any buncha words posted here. We're all opinions w/ spines. [/QUOTE]

Excellent. I couldn't agree more. I just see your name everywhere, so I thougt I'd bring it up. I'm new to the site, so I can be a dum*** sometimes, until I learn how things go down around here. Oh, and congrats on 2000 treads/posts!:cheers::cry: