PDA

View Full Version : ?Xbox SlowDowns...?

T-FiNGeR
12-18-2003, 07:16 PM
Hey all, I have had my xbox since christmas 2001, and it's a release date model, thomson drive, and always works fine. I felt like tryin those new missions out for Splinter Cell today, so I started my xbox up and all and started to play. I noticed that there were slowdowns in the gameplay... sortof like the FRAMES were slowing down and stuff. I didn't think much of it cuz my xbox has always worked 100% and still does. I also have noticed this in GTA3... has any1 else here noticed slowdowns in either of these games? (*Note: xbox works PERFECTLY fine for everything else*)

PEACE

Snoopy7548
12-18-2003, 07:33 PM
yeah, i've noticed it in gta3 only when there's like a lot of cars. it's annoying.

SniperPete
12-18-2003, 07:36 PM
I had slow downs on halo once. but thats only because it was scratched i belive. its like ne computer game it can only process so much at once

mitch2025
12-18-2003, 07:38 PM
ive never experienced slowdowns on GTA

# 1 Stunner
12-18-2003, 08:27 PM
possibly bc ur playng a custom soundtrack?

Voodoo_Vince
12-18-2003, 08:58 PM
I get slow downs and freezes on GTA Vce City , not on Gta 3 , But ALOT of other people have also, they are just bad ports, there is also freezes in Morrowind , I only get slowdowns on games that other people have also, all my other games work great ,

Spaztic
12-19-2003, 09:46 AM
custom soundtracks do sometimes really bog down the system!

T-FiNGeR
12-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Thx guys for ur replys! I only get the slowdowns in GTA3 when there is ALOT of stuff going on, like cops after me, lots of cars around, shooting and other stuff. I guess it just the gameplay but I was just wondering if any1 else had some slowdowns too... anyways, PEACE

DocHoliday78
12-19-2003, 04:53 PM
NBA Live 2004 slowsdown all the time. I am almost 100% sure though that its EA's fault and not my xbox's. If it really bothers you, try cleaning your xbox cd lense.:cheers:

xbox genius
12-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by mitch2025
ive never experienced slowdowns on GTA

maybe you arent experiencing the fun with tanks, wanted level 6 stars, and all cops and choppers after you while you are in middle of intersection holding the shoot button for the tank....

trust me you will lag on that.... i did, i lag when it rains, i lag when i'm in the multilevel parking lot, i lag when there are LOTS of cars around.

i lagged in halo like once... maybe it wasnt even close to being a lag...

anyways my xbox is a first gen xbox, and no games freeze, but some games lag.... and those games are metal gear solid 2, and GTA3, i dont know about vice city, hadnt played it yet.... thesse are my own experiences...

maybe your splinter cell disc is scratched?