PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 2

low_ridah11
01-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Has anyone bought silent hill 2? i didnt know it was out yet and i was wondering what anyones thoughts were on it.

VAN
01-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Heres my 2 cents, as copied from elsewhere on the forums:

Not as good as its predescessor, but still a great game. Very slow going in the beginning, but once you get about 30 minutes into the game, it's pretty much a non-stop fright fest.

Even though it is quite short (6-10 hours to complete) I would label this game an "owner" as opposed to a "renter" due to the fact that it has a total of 5 different endings, multiple difficulty modes, unlockable weapons, and more. Has tremendous replay value, IMO.

This game is the first of its kind on Xbox, so unless you've owned other consoles, I really can't compare it to anything currently on Xbox. Very creepy game. The story was less than stellar at times, but for the most part it was quite enjoyable. If you like creepy, crawly, gory games....this is a must have. Resident Evil fans will definately enjoy it, and those who played the original game will also dig it, but they will most likely call the first game the better of the 2.

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-02-2002, 09:00 PM
Kinda Short..if you have 6 hours to blow, just rent it.

CO1
01-03-2002, 12:14 AM
It's in the mail. I had the first one and I loved it because at times it really freaks you out.

DT21
01-03-2002, 01:22 AM
Buy it. The game has like 5 different endings and one exclusive to the X-Box. That ending has Harry from SH1 in it. Maria's sub-quest is pretty cool and sort of explains the plot a little bit better. Anyone know what the point of Angela was in the game?

DT21
01-03-2002, 02:15 AM

low_ridah11
01-03-2002, 09:36 AM
Yeah. Im not really sure if iam going to buy it because i already bought max payne and beat it witihin 2 days and it has sat on my shelf since then. I never new the game was that short. Didnt they say that there was like 4 hours of new gameplay just for the xbox? oh well i guess i will just rent it and check it out. Oh and does anyone know what day it came out?

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 10:27 AM
Silent Hill 2 sounds intriguing, however, I think I'm going to save my $kin$ for Elder Srolls III: Morrowind instead...and also get GTA3 :D

Hugh_Jass
01-03-2002, 11:44 AM
I was going to buy Silent Hill 2 because I thought for sure that I'd be done with Azurik by the time SH2 came out. Nope. Azurik is so huge I doubt I'll be done by the time Elder Scrolls 3 comes out at this rate.

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I was going to buy Silent Hill 2 because I thought for sure that I'd be done with Azurik by the time SH2 came out. Nope. Azurik is so huge I doubt I'll be done by the time Elder Scrolls 3 comes out at this rate.

Hugh!!! I know exactly what you mean! I have enough games to occupy my time until Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind....but, Azurik alone will keep me tied up! I notice people either love this game or hate it...never an in-between or middleground.

Silent Hill 2 does sound pretty cool...I never played the first one, but, it might be worth checking it out some time later...it's just that there are so many good games coming out :p

Msterrrr
01-03-2002, 04:05 PM
i got SH2 and iam still trying to get familar with the controls,, urghhhhhhhhh
why could they make it like halo ,, and max payne
it would be so nice if that became the standard control set up