PDA

View Full Version : God works in the video game world too! Gotham Games is no more!

LTM360
12-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Gotham Games gone

Take-Two subdivision "phased out" by publisher's internal reorganization.

Gotham Games, the publisher of The Great Escape and the Conflict: Desert Storm series, has ceased to exist. "We have phased out Gotham Games as a publishing label," said Jeffrey Lapin, CEO of Gotham's parent, Take-Two Interactive, in a conference call yesterday.

--Gamespot.com

Now if only we can get Mejesco outta here...

OuFtb
12-19-2003, 03:08 PM
So what happens to the Conflict Desert Storm games, I played the last one and it was pretty good, it would kind of suck to see it go.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-19-2003, 03:27 PM
i have no idea where u r comin from man...both those games suked...the second one was just a baby step up from the first one which really isnt that far...neways glad to hear they r gone because we need no more crappy games like CDS...FINALLY!!!

Kyle Static
12-19-2003, 03:47 PM
I played a demo of the Second one, and it was terrible. Sorry the guys got fired, but its good to see their game developement gone.

OuFtb
12-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Static
I played a demo of the Second one, and it was terrible. Sorry the guys got fired, but its good to see their game developement gone.

Thats what I played, guess its just personal opinion or somthing, My type of game and I liked it. But thats probably the only game they made I care about or thought was good, so its good there gone.

ScottTheKilla
12-19-2003, 04:10 PM
I like that style of game that was Conflict Desert storm so I liked the game. Ya some things could have been improved on just like any game but I thought it was alright. I never played Great escape though because it just doesnt interest me.

Im sure the conflict desert storm series will be picked up by someone else and another one published.

l Maximus l
12-20-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla
I like that style of game that was Conflict Desert storm so I liked the game. Ya some things could have been improved on just like any game but I thought it was alright. I never played Great escape though because it just doesnt interest me.

Im sure the conflict desert storm series will be picked up by someone else and another one published.

I know a lot of people that like Conflict: Desert Storm...but, for some reason, it just didn't click with me too well. It seems pretty lackluster...especially when compared to other games.

Trento52
12-21-2003, 03:00 AM
What is serious sam 2 never gonna happen, i loved the first one.

Trento52
12-21-2003, 03:04 AM
Oh and one more thing majesco made blood rayne which was really fun and cool but alittle short and could of used smarter AI and more complex levels. Can't wait for blood rayne 2

DocHoliday78
12-21-2003, 05:52 AM
bah, i disliked the CD series. Hopefully take two can take these games, if they want to, into a better direction that will appeal to me.

Casper
12-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I know a lot of people that like Conflict: Desert Storm...but, for some reason, it just didn't click with me too well. It seems pretty lackluster...especially when compared to other games.

Like me - I think it had better AI then GR, much better actually. The CDS series will be missed here - hell, I just played the first one a few weeks ago at Little Caesar's house - dam game is slick...but whatever, you guys keep being haters just because it wasn't an FPS....

George89
12-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Wait a second, isnt the game MAFIA made by Gotham Games?! I hope it isn't because it's supposed to come out on XBOX.

xboxman_1
12-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Mafia for xbox is being developed by Illusion Softworks and published by Gathering...

George89
12-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Hmmm...then this site has the wrong info, it says that Gotham Games is going to publish it.

Reclaimer
12-21-2003, 07:13 PM
I liked both CDS games and in last month's Game Informer, they confirmed the departure of Gotham games, but they also said that Take Two is finding another company to make a third Conflict game based in Vietnam.

Long live Conflict!

StudioAlex
12-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Does this mean no more commercials with Sadam's head outlined by sniper sights? Never played the game, but I understand it to be poor. Seemed like the lowest form of pandering to me.

xboxman_1
12-23-2003, 12:49 AM
I got my info from gamespot...they could be wrong.

Reclaimer
12-23-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Like me - I think it had better AI then GR, much better actually. The CDS series will be missed here - hell, I just played the first one a few weeks ago at Little Caesar's house - dam game is slick...but whatever, you guys keep being haters just because it wasn't an FPS....

We're going to have to stick together on this liking Conflict Desert Storm thing. We're seriously outnumbered in here.

Man, we had a blast playing these games. Conflict offered up something that was perfect. A chance for four friends to play together in a squad who don't have live or system link.
Assaulter, Medic, Heavy Weapons, Sniper.. It was really cool.

Casper
12-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA

We're going to have to stick together on this liking Conflict Desert Storm thing. We're seriously outnumbered in here

Yea, I see that :(

But let's just hope they make the next one System Link or XBL compatible, so I finally get to play with you in some games :cheers:

prakeem
12-23-2003, 08:39 AM
I dont think the CDS games were that bad. I liked the demo for CDS 2 in the OXM a few months back. I would assume a 3rd, and perhaps online installment could do well for the Xbox and Live.

CMX Jedi
12-23-2003, 01:11 PM
now if only 989 will die

Ford Mustang
12-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA

We're going to have to stick together on this liking Conflict Desert Storm thing. We're seriously outnumbered in here.

Man, we had a blast playing these games. Conflict offered up something that was perfect. A chance for four friends to play together in a squad who don't have live or system link.
Assaulter, Medic, Heavy Weapons, Sniper.. It was really cool.

I agree. This game is awesome. I don't know why people hate it so much. It's like, the best squad-based shooter on Xbox. Like Casper said, the AI is alot better than Ghost Recon, and I didn't think the graphics were that bad. Overall, I thought it was a great game. I loved having to work as a team, and the fact that you are able to give and take things from concious and unconcious team-mates was a totally awesome idea. I guess you can figure out that I love this game. :)

LTM360
12-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
I loved having to work as a team, and the fact that you are able to give and take things from concious and unconcious team-mates was a totally awesome idea. I guess you can figure out that I love this game. :)

Agreed. I loved everything the game attempted to do. Like it looked perfect (except for the lousy character models/movements.) when you were watching the game, but when the controller was in your hands, it just fell apart. The horrible controls, the crappy aiming, I dunno, just I thought the game had amazing potential, just amazingly bad excecution. If Take-Two does give the CDS to someone else (which they'd be insane not to) I hope they'd incorperate REAL Live features, cause as I said. This game probably has the most potential of any game ever made.