PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have there games freez at times

ALEX DA PIMP
01-02-2002, 09:54 PM
my games freez at times someone said if it did that it needed to be returned asap

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 09:58 PM
Yeahhh games shouldnt freeze...return the game and if it still does it it might be your Xbox

Plewis
01-02-2002, 09:58 PM
I had the demo disk from the official xbox magazine freeze on me once. I think the disk was just messed up, because it was really slow, and skipped on music sometimes also.

robnyack
01-02-2002, 10:05 PM
Alex,

I had to take my xbox back for a new one because of game freezes. I dont know if there are a certain number of bad ones that came off the first production line or what, but, whatever it was, I was not putting up with it, so I took it back.

My scene started out great. About 2 weeks of flawless gameplay, then NBA live started freezing up on me. Figured, bad disk, so I took it back. Everything seemed fine for about another week, and then all of a sudden every game we have started freezing up. That was it for me. packed it up, and took it back to EB and replaced it with a new one.

EB told me xbox put out a warning saying that it is possible for the box to overheat which would cause freezes and dust also could cause freezes. I know overheating was not my problem, but I'm not so sure about the dust thing. But, just to be safe, my new xbox gets covered up everytime I'm done playing with it.

Guys at EB said they did have a few returned for what sounded like similar problems as mine. I tell everyone xbox is a GREAT system, but, if you get it, just be sure to buy the extended warrenty, just to play it safe.