PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Names

StUmPy01
01-02-2002, 09:59 PM
i found out that before each xbox left wherever they made them, they were programmed with names. My xbox's name happens to be stumpy hence my screen name. You can see your xboxs name by going into halo, selecting multiplayer and doing all that stuff. You will go to a blue screen that shows your level, how many controllers are plugged in, and an xbox at the top, your xbox's name will be above the xbox. I was wondering how in the hell do i change my xbox's name?

Plewis
01-02-2002, 10:21 PM
that was just a random name given to you by Halo. You will have tons of other ones. Each time you play it changes. You can change the name by hitting B then A, and it will randomly give you a different name. Unless I'm completely wrong, Your Xbox is not programmed with a name.

StUmPy01
01-02-2002, 10:31 PM
You are wrong because i just checked and it was the same, i turned my xbox off and tried it again and it was still the same

StudioAlex
01-02-2002, 10:34 PM
Sure, my Xbox has a name (Xbox), but does it have a soul?

Think about it.

maneatingcow
01-02-2002, 10:34 PM
I believe Halo automaticly assigns a name for your xbox, and saves the info on the xbox. You can change it to what you want by entering the name you want in one of DOA3s high score lists.

StUmPy01
01-02-2002, 10:38 PM
the reason i was asking is because this stupid ass guy on ebay was selling this tutorial telling you how to change your xbox's name

JAC
01-02-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by StUmPy01
the reason i was asking is because this stupid ass guy on ebay was selling this tutorial telling you how to change your xbox's name

Did you buy it? Waaaa waaaa

XboXGangsta
01-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Mine is Howard, and no matter what my name on DoA3 it goes back to Howard after a day or two

xboxman_1
01-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Anyone on here who thinks their xbox has a name is a freakin moron. The name is a randomly generated name you get for multiplayer halo, and, unless that is the name of the player you are using,(like the name of the character of your saved game of halo) you should get a different one every few times.

Plewis
01-03-2002, 11:52 AM
I don't know how many times it's gonna take people to read the second post in this thread but I already said all the stuff half of you have said

JAC
01-03-2002, 11:57 AM
It's randomly generated in the game Halo.

lol Just messin with ya Plewis. :P

SciFi
01-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Me and my friends connect 2 xboxs to play 8 person HALO. We connect 2 of 5 that we own. We have been doing this since like 3 weeks after the 15th. Each time the names are the same. The one we always use is Snake, the others are Goat, Butcher, Killer, ad mine is Sneak.

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Mine always says "Beer"...go figure!??! :D

JJaX
01-03-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Anyone on here who thinks their xbox has a name is a freakin moron. The name is a randomly generated name you get for multiplayer halo, and, unless that is the name of the player you are using,(like the name of the character of your saved game of halo) you should get a different one every few times.

Actually your the moron you pie eating clown. The "name" you are refering to is when you dont pick a profile in Halo. Then your given a name for that match. But the xbox does have a name. If you ever linked them and went into system link play you will see the differnt names of the XbOXs. You can change the name of your xbox buy entering a name in DOA3 after ranking in survival. So go be a good slut a suck a deek now ok.......

Some of the default xbox names are:

GOAT
Grumpy
Killer
Big L

Slash10
01-03-2002, 02:28 PM
mine has always been killer, in PGR racing i made a name but no matter what my xbox name on halo was killer. The profile i made isnt named killer. nothing i do i name killer

Snoopy7548
01-03-2002, 02:41 PM
one of my names was hambone, it changes every time i play halo multiplayer

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 02:46 PM
one of my names was something lik....?? maxpainownsyou.... whatever that means... :D

SciFi
01-03-2002, 02:47 PM
that m your playe's name...
the name were talking about is the Xbox nae you see if you link 2 Xboxs together...

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 02:51 PM
SciFi, I was being sarcastic (don't know if you caught that joke) oh well... and that was a pretty choppy response :D :D :D My Xbox's name was actually scifiisgullable, but I donno what that means either,,,,, =(

SciFi
01-03-2002, 03:15 PM
I was commenting on Snoop's post...