PDA

View Full Version : Gran Theft Auto

y2jkol
12-21-2003, 06:08 AM
I just picked up the double pack, I was wandering if I could just start playin Vice City or if I should start with GTA III if there is a storyline that leads up to it.

Thanks in Advance

Fanboy5000
12-21-2003, 07:06 AM
Naw, the stories are unrelated.

Sexaya
12-21-2003, 07:08 AM
Yeah you can go ahead and play it. Vice City isn't a sequel, it's just a different game. It depends what you want. In my opinion Vice City is a better game, so I'd start off with the worst (but still very good), GTA3 and once I finish it I'd start Vice City as a reward.

But that's just me, LOL. :cheers:

The Xbox Mafia
12-21-2003, 10:57 AM
In my opinion Vice City is a better game, so I'd start off with the worst (but still very good), GTA3 and once I finish it I'd start Vice City as a reward.

I thought the GTA 3 was better than Vice City, it seemed to have more of a finished feel and seemed more polished, despite less weapons etc. But Id start with GTA 3 cause if you went for Vice City straight away, I think that when you went for GTA3 you would feel that its not as good as Vice City cause you've experianced the new stuff like moterbikes.

T-FiNGeR
12-21-2003, 12:37 PM
If you guys did not notice already, "GTA: Vice City" is somewhat bassed on the killer movie, "ScarFace". As for GTA3, I just think it's about modern day mobs, hitmen, etc... If any of you players of GTA: Vice City, have watched ScarFace, you would know what I am talkin about. If I were you, I would play GTA3( thats what i did..:D ). Finish GTA3 then move onto Vice City.

The Xbox Mafia
12-21-2003, 01:01 PM
St the risk of looking stupid I just thought Id say that I already knew that, what movie was it from where ther is a jacuzzi filled with blood and theres a chainsaw in it?

ScorpionX
12-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by The Xbox Mafia
St the risk of looking stupid I just thought Id say that I already knew that, what movie was it from where ther is a jacuzzi filled with blood and theres a chainsaw in it?

Vice City isn't really like Scarface, but it does have an easter egg relating to it. There is a hidden apartment where it has the same layout of the chainsaw scene at the beginning of Scarface. It even has cocaine and the chainsaw there along with a pool of blood :D

JB20_2003
12-22-2003, 12:28 AM
I would start with GTA 3 I just started with GTA 3 I played them both already a little on PC and I found that Vice City seemed to have better graphics and more stuff weapons/vehicles... so Starting with Vice City would probably make GTA 3 seem a little boring.

irishkornfreak
12-23-2003, 02:09 PM
i dunno if i can get the double pack or not yet. im getting it as soon as i see it though. id start off with gta3 aswell though. anyway is it true that if u use the cheats and save it wont let u finish the game?

ScorpionX
12-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Using certain cheats can jeopardize certain things that happen in the game, I wouldn't use the cheats if you plan on completing the entire game.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-01-2004, 07:39 AM
wen mine arrives 2moz i'm gonna play gta3 first. i'm gonna have one game on it with cheats, and one without, complete it without cheats and just mindless destuction on the one with cheats:D

also i'm just gonna do the missions, then go to vice city, do the mssions there and then go back for rampages, hidden packages etc.

well thats just me
tbuk:D

irishkornfreak
01-01-2004, 08:35 AM
ok so igot gta double pack. ive decided not to jepordise my play by putting cheats on. so if i wanna use them i just dont do the missions.

OuFtb
01-02-2004, 04:10 PM
I got the double pack for Christmas and started on Vice City, it really didn't matter to me after I finish Vice City then I'll just beat III.

One great thing to do, but don't save cause you can't take the cheat off unless you quit without saving, GTA3 works alot better turn on pedestrians have wepons, pedestrians riot, and mabey another one just makes the game great, you'll walk down the street and get killed by a bum with a shotgun, or rocketlauncer, while your driving its just mayham, real fun to do just for fun.

gaming_god
01-02-2004, 10:14 PM
u should start with gta III first. i almost completed gta vc and then i went to gta III and gta III didnt seem as exciting as vice city did