PDA

View Full Version : LOXG on Xbox

SkoalMint
12-21-2003, 10:02 AM
Not sure if this should have been in off-topic as it is movie related, but I posted it here anyway as it is also Xbox related. Mods feel free to move as you see fit.

I decided to give The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen a rent this weekend. Currently, the only DVD player I have available is my Xbox. However, everytime I try playing this particular DVD, I get the dirty or damaged disc message. I tried a number of other DVDs, and they all played fine. I have tried cleaning and boiling the disc without any success. Has anyone got this DVD to play in their Xbox or is this one of those DVDs that just doesn't work. FWIW, I have a launch Xbox.

Sexaya
12-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Check the logo/region. The XBox can play only Region 2 DVD's (that's most new movies, but maybe this one is different). The Region 2 logo looks like the common slanted DVD logo while the Region 1 isn't slanted... Err, I don't know how to explain it - just check the DVD logo on the LXG disc and on your others.

Good luck!

SkoalMint
12-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Well, apparently this DVD is NTSC 1, which I guess doesn't play on Xbox. Oh well, thanks for the info Sexaya.