PDA

View Full Version : does your xbox click while a game is loading

ALEX DA PIMP
01-02-2002, 10:18 PM
i just bought mine yesterday and max payne. for some reason it clicks while it is loading and only when its loading a game

StUmPy01
01-02-2002, 10:20 PM
if it sounds like your computer when its loading (a fast soft clicking) its the hard drive arm if it doesnt sound like that then......

DBXNY
01-02-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by ALEX DA PIMP
i just bought mine yesterday and max payne. for some reason it clicks while it is loading and only when its loading a game

mmm....nope.

JohnB
01-03-2002, 01:20 AM
Bah.... dude it's nothing. I think it's the DVD rom accessing data. As far as I've heard, well I haven't even heard the hard drive on the Xbox... only the DVD rom. I have Max Payne; it does the same.

Big Ben
01-03-2002, 04:46 AM
My personal opinion is that clicking is bad... I suggest you ignore it for now, but if it persists, take two advil and your Xbox to console doctor.

It's unlikely the hard drive unless something went terribly because the 5400 RPM hard drives were chosen for how quiet they run. It could be the DVD Rom, but I strongly doubt it since most CD and DVD players do not and should not click.

Best of luck.

-Big Ben

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 05:04 AM
Sounds like you've got a defective Xbox :(

JohnB
01-03-2002, 09:21 AM
Think about it. He says there's a clicking noise when the game is loading. What parts are moving inside the Xbox in order to cause a clicking noise, just the hard drive and DVDrom right? It wouldn't be the hard drive because of its quiet 5400rpm. It would have to be the DVDrom, and it would make sense for it to make noise when a game is loading since the Xbox DVDrom quickly reads up to 5x. Don't be freaked just because you hear a little bit of noise coming from the Xbox, especially when it doesn't do it randomly or consistently. It only does it when it's loading a game and that is normal. I wouldn't exactly call it a clicking sound, but more of a fast ziipp zipp zipp sound. Would you agree Alex?

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 10:29 AM
Oh, dude! You need to pull out all of the XBox's vital cords and start CPR right away...oh yeah, and give a little tickle to the green jewel and give the black and green dude a swig of brew :D All should be good after that :D

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Um,............. not mine yo. YOur Xbox must be smokin da yack yo :D

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Ehhh, my DC was very noisy... :D

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Ehhh, my DC was very noisy... :D

Dude, no kidding! The DC is loud as hell...but, great console :D

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Yah "was" a great console to bad I didn't even get a chance to enjoy it long enuff before I heard the bad news =*(.

Hugh_Jass
01-03-2002, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't worry about it unless the XBOX stops working.

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Yeah, the Dreamcast was the worse when it came to the data loading! Sheeeeeeeesh,... I thought my next door neighbors were going to wake up and call the police on me for load noises!

But yeah, Dreamcast was da greatest! Poor DC.:( I'll miss ya!

Pimpn419
01-03-2002, 06:44 PM
Well, I went through the same thing you are going through now... I thought I had a deffective xbox because It made a slight clicking (or you could call it a zip) noise when I turned It on. I had a whole bunch of games saved on my hard drive.. sad to say, I didn't have a memory card, and I ended up exchanging my xbox and had to re-beat all the games up to the point I was at (which really sucked).

Then when I got home and plugged my xbox In It still made the same type of noise, but It was just a little quieter.. i felt like the biggest dumb @$$... but atleast I got to re-beat Munch's Oddysee and all the other games I had saved on my other xbox hard drive.

So I wouldn't tripp about the sound.. If you've got the 2-year coverage (like I do) then you're set!!

-Matt

XBOX Dude
01-03-2002, 07:07 PM
calm down i've had it happen it's either a bad cd "i bet it didn't happen on every game did it" or a dirty lens cause i've had that to but only for dave mirra but when i blew into the xbox it stopped clicking.

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-03-2002, 07:16 PM
more like Alex Da Gimp, hehe just kidding :D

I don't listen to my X-Box, I listen to the Halo music so loud that I can't hear anything else. I'm on "Assault on the Control Room" now (on normal, yea i know i suck) but i'm happy.

I beat DOA3, and PGR is collecting dust (too busy playing Halo), so...I need new games.