PDA

View Full Version : what is the happening of this game called triology from EA

SoccerCJM77
12-21-2003, 04:09 PM
I read on one of my OXM's that it had a review of lotr's return of the king video game and then I saw that EA was going to make another lotr game called triology. Is this new game going to be any good and one will be the new thing about it? They said in the mag that it will be different than the the other games and that it might take on more RPG elements. Please give me comments and your say on this title coming out.
:huh:

George89
12-21-2003, 05:08 PM
I hope it's a really big LOTR RPG where you can explore all of the locations from the books and movies.

Professor Kaos
12-22-2003, 03:30 AM
By the name it sounds like a 3 for 1 type deal, you know like the Star Wars Trilogy, you get all 3 games. Or it could be one giant long friggen game (which would be awsome).

jelgiad
12-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Playya
By the name it sounds like a 3 for 1 type deal, you know like the Star Wars Trilogy, you get all 3 games. Or it could be one giant long friggen game (which would be awsome).

well, since EA only made 2 games (Two Towers and Return of the King) i would guess that its the latter. A giant game encompasing the entire movie trilogy. I hadnt seen this int he oxm, but i will definately have to go back and look.

P.S. What month oxm was it by the way?

JDHack0822
12-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by George89
I hope it's a really big LOTR RPG where you can explore all of the locations from the books and movies.

I'm with you. This would be an awesome idea. I would really enjoy a LoTR RPG, it would have to be atleast 60 hours of gameplay to give it the respect it needs!!

thrAsher
12-22-2003, 11:53 AM
My buddy got Two Towers from GameFly, and it stunk IMHO. It's a money magnet, folks, w/ 'meh' graphics and gameplay. I'd rather have a RTS 'War of the Rings' kinda game.

SoccerCJM77
12-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by jelgiad

well, since EA only made 2 games (Two Towers and Return of the King) i would guess that its the latter. A giant game encompasing the entire movie trilogy. I hadnt seen this int he oxm, but i will definately have to go back and look.

P.S. What month oxm was it by the way?

It's in the November OXM and it is in the LOTR:REturn of the king section. It talks about the game triology in a black box on one of the pages