PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Got My Xbox!!! Yippee!!!

ShaDovV RyDer
12-21-2003, 04:29 PM
YUP i finally got my xbox...went to ebgames yesterday and traded in my N64 and GC things and got about $210...i also got my copy of topspin that i won ofline and its great(it wasnt from XBA it was from gamedaily or somthing)...neways it awsume and i stayed up all night playing it...i have to say that star was clone wars is a whole lot better than u guys make it out to be...it was the first thing i poped into my xbox and it had me hooked for a good 3hours b4 i had the urge to try topspin...i dont have LIVE yet which kinda suks but these games are fun all the same...now im not just posting this to let u guys no that i got my box...i have a big important question:

ok i want to get LIVE really really bad but my comp is downstairs away from tv's and my room is upstairs which is where my personal tv is and where my xbox needs to live...my dad really doesnt want to bother running an ethernet cable through the walls and i dont blame him...neways could u guys tell me wut i need to hook the box up with wireless router or wutever and um just give me links and im spending my money on this so try to make these things at most $120 each...i would like to spent a whole lot less on the router but just tell me wut i need, give me link to the site and ill c wut happens...thnx in advance guys

Shadow20002
12-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Congrats ! Enjoy it fully now ! :)

George89
12-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Have fun!:D

Ugunnalose
12-21-2003, 05:26 PM
u dont necessarily have to wire the house. yes my house is wired but at my neighbors house he has like a 75 foot ethernet chord taped to the bottoms of walls from his downstairs router up into his xbox. Just a thought

ShaDovV RyDer
12-21-2003, 05:29 PM
thats a good idea but instead of taping it to the walls maybe ill c if my dad can like kinda tuck it under the carpet along the wall so no one can c it cause my mom would have a fit if i taped it to the walls...thnx for the idea

Ugunnalose
12-21-2003, 05:44 PM
no problem. have fun with ur box

squid413
12-21-2003, 06:28 PM
hey have fun with your xbox. i still don't have topspin though :cry: maybe i'll get it with my christmas money. but for wireless you could go buy this for your xbox and then a wireless router

click here (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1061127609445&type=product)

it might be a little expensive though.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-21-2003, 06:46 PM
ye thats a lil expensive cause i still got to get XBL along with this stuff but that is an option...
i got a question for ugonnalose: does ur friend experience a lot of lag and how much is ethernet cable per foot or wutever they sell it in??? also does neone know if routers slow down the gameplay???

DocHoliday78
12-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Yuss, another one joins us. Congrats on making one of the best gaming decisions of your life.:cheers:

KMSENSEI
12-21-2003, 07:40 PM
congratulations! halo is a must. enjoy!

Yankeez
12-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Click here (http://www.computers4sure.com/product.asp?productid=1798562&affid=10000483)

that works just as well as the over priced Microsoft wireless adapter

FaTeL DeAtH
12-21-2003, 09:42 PM
enjoy that xbox dude!

ShaDovV RyDer
12-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Yankeez...do u no neone that uses that cause it looks kinda slow...just let me no if it causeses a lot of lag cause i hate that crap...its very cheap so its like my number 2 choice right now altho it looks slow...also where can i buy it???

Yankeez
12-22-2003, 04:17 PM
lol looks slow?

i use it and its awesome and its from linksys probably the best wireless router company for homes.

you could probably get it at Best Buy or Circuit City

or if ur shopping online try www.pricegrabber.com :cheers:

skorp
12-22-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
lol looks slow?

i use it and its awesome and its from linksys probably the best wireless router company for homes.

you could probably get it at Best Buy or Circuit City

or if ur shopping online try www.pricegrabber.com :cheers:

ShaDovV RyDer this would be your best bet...

I highly recommend Linksys. They are known as one of the best products out there! Plus its Xbox Live recommended so you cant go wrong with that...

Do you shop @ Ebay? You can try looking there... Good prices!:D

Oh and congratulations on your new system!:cheers: