PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil?

StUmPy01
01-02-2002, 10:48 PM
is it true that capcom signed a deal w/ nintendo that they were going to remake the resident evil's and my 3 new ones exclusivley for gamecube then call it quits for resident evil?

p.s. how in the hell do i make my signature a picture?

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 10:51 PM
read your private messages! I responded like 2 minutes after you sent it lol

Ninja Scroll
01-02-2002, 10:55 PM
yes, unfortunatly Resident Evil is a KiddyCube exclusive.
the first RE will be a total remake and part 2 & 3 will be ports (last I heard).
Im depressed by this news being that im a RE hardcore fan!
:(

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 11:02 PM
Dont be sad J, we will have our share of exclusives as well...

Ninja Scroll
01-02-2002, 11:08 PM
yeah......... thanks frost,..... but it still hurts :(
I mean, Resident Evil 2 was a classic. I owned all the ported Dreamcast version (only part 2 & 3 were ported from PSOne) as well as RE: CODE Veronica.
To know I wont see RE4 and so forth on my Xbox makes me wheap :( But your right, we will have other exclusive and that will hopefully help da pain.

Koopa
01-02-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
yes, unfortunatly Resident Evil is a KiddyCube exclusive.
the first RE will be a total remake and part 2 & 3 will be ports (last I heard).
Im depressed by this news being that im a RE hardcore fan!
:(

Sorry to burst your bubble, but GC is getting:

RE0-totally new and exclusive

RE1-totally remade...with redesigned levels and vassttlly improved graphics

RE2-port

RE3-port

RE:Code Veronicea-port

RE4-totally new and exclusive

at least last time I checked...feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

GC doesn't look so kiddy now does it?;)

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

Sorry to burst your bubble, but GC is getting:

RE0-totally new and exclusive

RE1-totally remade...with redesigned levels and vassttlly improved graphics

RE2-port

RE3-port

RE:Code Veronicea-port

RE4-totally new and exclusive

at least last time I checked...feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

GC doesn't look so kiddy now does it?;)

Dude, it's just typical Nintendo...milking a game for all it's worth. Exactly how many Mario games can you count? LOL

And, man...Resident Evil is older than my grandpa's buckskin condom and my grandmother's wooden tampon :D

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 10:53 AM
hey, hey, hey,.... watch what your saying junior! Just because Resident Evil is not on Xbox doesnt mean you gotta rip on da series. The only weak link in this series was RE:3
Resident Evil never got milked out little trooper! Resident Evil CODE: Veronica is proof of that.

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
hey, hey, hey,.... watch what your saying junior! Just because Resident Evil is not on Xbox doesnt mean you gotta rip on da series. The only weak link in this series was RE:3
Resident Evil never got milked out little trooper! Resident Evil CODE: Veronica is proof of that.

hehehe....I was wondering how long it would take you to respond :D Hey, don't get me wrong, RE was a good series...it's truly a classic. I wish Nintendo well but I won't be missing it. Now, you could agree with me on this, however: If Nintendo got Sega to develop exclusive games versus just getting RE, now, that would be mighty devistating....but, it's only RE! Think about how small of an accomplishment that is for just one moment!

Besides, it always cracks me up when I hear LameCube fanboys defend the LameCube by saying "The GameCube is not such a kiddie system after all because of Resident Evil"....LOL........I can't get over that!!! Talk about a gross and pathetic defense taking into consideration that the LameCube has Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, and Super Monkey Ball :p :p :p !!

But, I will hand the LameCube a huge thumbs up for what's going to become the best Metroid game on the planet...now, that game has some nice promises :) You see, I can be reasonable :D

JJaX
01-03-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

And, man...Resident Evil is older than my grandpa's buckskin condom and my grandmother's wooden tampon :D

WHAT!! Buck Skin condoms are out of style. No wonder girls give me wierd looks when i take it out of my fridge. Who would of thought!!!

/JJaX Runs away into the forest

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 11:15 AM
so you were waiting for my reply huh max? Look to me like you were setting up a Ninja back slap on da ass! :D
You make nice points on Sega vs. Capcom, but your wrong about this being something little.
Dont sleep on things like this Max. This title (or should I say these titles and the following new ones) are gonna sell systems whether you like RE still or not.
D@amn, ........... a remake of RE:1 and RE:4 and on and on will be exclusives,.... *****, I might besold on this!:eek:

VAN
01-03-2002, 12:19 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Resident Evil series. I have all of the games in the series thus far, and will be purchasing the remake as soon as it is released for the GCN.

Whats that? You didn't know I had a Gamecube? Of course I do. I'm a GAMER who loves all forms of console-based gaming.

Just to set my fellow Xbox Addicts minds at ease, I'll tell you that my Gamecube is still sitting in the box, unopened. I have yet to purchase a game for it, since I have yet to see anything that impresses me enough to shell out the dough. If the new Resident Evil turns out to be the only game I get for it, thats fine. :)

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 01:35 PM
that's exsactly what im gonna do VAN. Im just waiting for a navy blue (or some shade) of a KiddyCube.
I look like it this way, im not gonna suffer another generation of gaming just to be loyal to one hardware company.
Kiddy Cube will be mine along with RE (original) and RE4 , and whatever else that ships exclusively.

I was loyal to Sega for over a decade and I missed soooooo much,.... it wont happen again.

Um,....... unlessit comes out for PS2!:D Sony can kiss my Ninja ass!

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Yea, its coming out for Gamecube. But look at Project Ego, Brute Force, and others and cheer up. We have those exclusively.

And,

GCN has RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE: CV but that doesnt mean we can't have RE5 and up. Maybe will get it for x-box too someday, you never know. Just like Silent Hill 1 isn't for x-box, but SH2 is.

Koopa
01-03-2002, 02:10 PM
I won't make any commentary on your attitudes toward gamecube in this thread...but I just hope Miyazaki posts here...

anyway, you'd be surprised at the number of mature games GC has...if anyone's interested i'd be happy to post the list, and compre it to Xbox's list;) just gimme the word and I'll do it.

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
I won't make any commentary on your attitudes toward gamecube in this thread...but I just hope Miyazaki posts here...

anyway, you'd be surprised at the number of mature games GC has...if anyone's interested i'd be happy to post the list, and compre it to Xbox's list;) just gimme the word and I'll do it.

Word. :D

StUmPy01
01-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Has anyone heard about the game "Gun Valkyrie"? that game looks pretty tyte. Another game that looks pretty sweet is "Circus Maximus"

Koopa
01-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Word. :D

wow that happened faster than I thought. ONe second, lemme find the list

ahh here it is

*=exclusive
Xbox:

*Psychotoxic : The 4th Horseman (Don't know, can somebody confirm exclusitivity?)
*Crime Patrol (Don't know, can somebody confirm exclusitivity?)
Genma Onimusha (Onimusha 1 remade, wow)
Giants
Half-Life 2
Halo
*Kabuki Warriors
Max Payne
Mortal Kombat 5
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
*Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Don't know, can somebody confirm exclusitivity?)
*Brute Force
*Project KX
Turok Evolution
The Thing
*Dino Crisis 3
Dino Crisis 4
Grand Theft Auto 3
X-Isle
Engalus
BloodRayne
Crazy Taxi

23 Total, 7 exclusive

Gamecube:

BloodRayne
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi 2
*Die Hard
Duke Nukem Forever
*Eternal Darkness
*Evil Twin - Cyprien's Chronicles (Exclusive as far as I know)
Maximo or Devil May Cry
*Metroid Prime
Mortal Kombat 5
*Ninja Gaiden (Rumored to be Gamecube exclusive for a little while, Nintendo fans are the only people who are going to remember this series anyway)
*Perfect Dark: Zero
*Resident Evil (remade version)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
*Resident Evil 4
*Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
*Rune
The Thing
*Thornado
*Too Human
Turok Evolution
Dino Crisis 4
X-Ilse
Engalus
*Conker's Other Bad Fur Day (Strongly rumored and has appeared on Rare release lists)

28 Total, 13 exclusive

of course, I didn' t add a few highly probable GC games like Max Payne and GTA3, both of whoose developers have signed on for GC development, if I remember correctly.

if you're wondering about Crazy Taxi (and I was too), apparently your clientelle cusses you out when you don't make it to your destination in time, among other things.

BTW I havta give credit to Miyazaki for doing the research on this. Feel free to make corrections, provided you've got up-to-date sources to back up your claims;)

at the very least you must admit that GC and Xbox have similar numbers of mature games, and at best you'd admit that GC has more (don't worry, I'm not holding my breath;) )

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 06:04 PM
I hope you arent holding your breath for that rumored Ninja Gaiden on KiddyCube cause rumor also has it that it will be an Xbox exclusive. If I had to bet I would put my money on Xbox for the simple fact everyone at Tecmo did nothing but praise the Xbox during and after the release of Dead Or Alive 3.

Oh,... and why would anyone worry about Ninja Gaiden when we all have Ninja Jubei keeping it real up in da addict joint! :D

Frostberg
01-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Even though Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is coming out to the PC also, it will be better for the XBox (Is FF ever better on the PC?? ok then)

Koopa
01-03-2002, 07:47 PM
Ninja Scroll-
I hope you arent holding your breath for that rumored Ninja Gaiden on KiddyCube cause rumor also has it that it will be an Xbox exclusive. If I had to bet I would put my money on Xbox for the simple fact everyone at Tecmo did nothing but praise the Xbox during and after the release of Dead Or Alive 3.

Oh,... and why would anyone worry about Ninja Gaiden when we all have Ninja Jubei keeping it real up in da addict joint!

okay, even if you don't count Ninja Gaiden, Gamecube STILL has more mature games...and you continue to say "kiddycube" even though it has been proven wrong...maybe Xbox should be called kiddybox, perhaps? The only reason Xbox is touted as mature is because....well..thats what they hype says...and they hype isn't always right. Oh and could you post a source regarding rumours about Ninja Gaiden?

Here's some info about Ninja Gaiden on GC (http://www.planetgamecube.com/games.cfm?action=profile&id=340) see below if you're too lazy to click the link...

Although the game is on track for 2002, Tecmo is being coy about which system the game will appear on but admit GameCube is being considered.

Frostberg-
Even though Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is coming out to the PC also, it will be better for the XBox (Is FF ever better on the PC?? ok then)

why will it be better? Oh I forgot Xbox's magical power of making all games that appear on it better:rolleyes:

;)

Frostberg
01-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Koopa...dont give me that about the "Xboxes magical power to make a game better" when you know any RPG is better on a console than on the PC...you cant play an RPG on a computer...You KNOW by numbers that FF7 and 8 for the PC didnt sell as near as many for the PC as were sold for the PS2...it just feels like you are more in the game when you play an RPG game with a controller than moving around with the keyboard or mouse

Shadow Fox
01-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Koopa...dont give me that about the "Xboxes magical power to make a game better" when you know any RPG is better on a console than on the PC...you cant play an RPG on a computer...You KNOW by numbers that FF7 and 8 for the PC didnt sell as near as many for the PC as were sold for the PS2...it just feels like you are more in the game when you play an RPG game with a controller than moving around with the keyboard or mouse Totally depends on what type of RPG it is...Morrowind, if I'm not mistaken, is the first attempt at a console RPG from (insert developer name here, too lazy to remember), and I honestly do not believe that:

-Diablo II would have been more succesful on a console

-EverQuest and it's expansions would have been feasable on a console

-The ElderScrolls series as a whole would have been feasable on a console

Now of course, the ElderScrolls game may be completely altered for the Xbox, and things may be grand afterall. I'm just letting you know that certain RPG's (especially the EverQuest type) wouldn't be wise to port to a console, especially if Morrowind plans to be this way.

With that said, my dumb-ass will probably buy it anywayz...:D

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose II)

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 03:35 PM
fine koopa go ahead and gimme a list. and btw 3 to 4 mature games is NOT alot. just so u dont make an even BIGGER fool outta yourself:D

Shadow Fox
01-04-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by BIG-T
Diablo better on console? I don't know what you are smoking, but I want some! Daiblo Single Player sucked and the only thing that made it fun was playing it online...+ when Blizzard tries to put their games onto Consoles they are extremely ****é. Ahem. requotes himself:
and I honestly do not believe that:

-Diablo II would have been more succesful on a console

-EverQuest and it's expansions would have been feasable on a console

-The ElderScrolls series as a whole would have been feasable on a console Read posts thoroughly, man...:D

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose II)

manchufu
01-04-2002, 11:52 PM
I've always loved RE, and seeing it go to the cube was dissapointing to say the least, but, i'm sure games like Onimusha and other such RE alike games will come out for xbox