PDA

View Full Version : Custom tracks

CodeScribe
07-11-2001, 10:40 PM
Some questions were brought up in some "other" thread and I thought I'd answer it. Yes you can use your own CDs to make your own soundtracks. That means you can rip any song from any CD. Not just tracks from the games. You then have the option of using your custom soundtrack or the default soundtrack from the game.

This is what Jeff Henshaw said in State of the Xbox vol. 4.

A couple weeks ago I mentioned that many Xbox games will use custom soundtracks that players can create and then listen to in the games they play. The Xbox Dashboard helps make this possible by giving gamers a place to create these soundtracks from their own CDs. You'll be able to bring the tracks that you want to hear to Xbox, organize them in a soundtrack, and then tell games which soundtrack you want to hear while you play.

KevinM
07-12-2001, 12:03 AM
For the record.. I personally think this option is waay cool. This coming from the guy who has never made a playlist in his life.. hey I listen to music spontaneously (sp?) and i'm admittingly too damn lazy to make a track list. Will I do it for the Xbox? Doubt it. But I do like the fact that it's there in case I have an inkling (sp?.. must get spellcheck script for forum) to do so.<P>
I also dig that you can assign different soundtracks to different games. I wonder how long it will be before someone cracks open their Xbox and puts in a 60 gig drive to hold their entire Mp3 collection. Hmmmmm...

seth78
07-12-2001, 08:48 AM
I think this is one of the two best things about the system. The other is that you never need to buy a memory card. I definitely will be using the music option a lot. There have been so many times when I was playing a game and the music just really got on my nerves. Then I try to turn off the ingame music, if the particular has that feature. I mean if a game has crappy music but good sound effects and you can't turn the music off then your only other choice is to turn your volume down and turn up your stereo. GC guys can say that you can just turn the music down on the GC as well and do the same but the fact that you can play your favorite other XBOX game tracks is awesome. You can't really just go out to a retail store or turn on your stereo and hear game music. I just really love this option.

Spades
07-12-2001, 02:15 PM
this is cool for most people but usually i just turn the soind off and listen to my stereo w/o the tv sound