PDA

View Full Version : My first real problem with Xbox practices

Crazy Joe
12-23-2003, 04:47 PM
I am soooo pissed off.. I am not big into piracy, I won't mod my Xbox, I buy my games out of respect for the work that is put into them but MS has really pissed me off.

I got Music Mixer from my girlfriend for Christmas, we both enjoy karaoke.. only to find out that not only does it not allow for karaoke CDs, but won't even let you play regular karaoke tracks, you have to buy them from xboxkaraoke.com for $2 a song. Even this I wouldn't have a huuuge problem with if MS custom made the tracks or something, but they are just copied straight off of regular karaoke CDs and tweaked a little to become proprietary .krk files. It even lists the company that made the original track when you go to download them. This is just a lame blatant money grab by MS, you are already buying the Music Mixer software and then you are forced to buy the karaoke tracks?!?! This is ridiculous, I am outraged. Especially at $2 US a song... the price is ridiculous.

Just needed to get this rant off of my chest and to recommend anyone thinking of buying Music Mixer for it's karaoke aspect to rethink it.

Bakeman
12-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Are you saying it didn't come with ANY Songs at all???? Because all the reviews said it did come with songs.... And also mentioned that you will be able to download and pay for more later.

ALSO the program has the ablity to strip lyrcis off any song to use with the program... although the reviews said it wasn't the best part of the program.

Crazy Joe
12-23-2003, 07:26 PM
it does come with songs, 15 in fact. a few are actually pretty good songs. But the point is that they are taking songs from labels that you can download for around $1, making them .krk files and charging $2 for them.

Also, the lyric stripping isn't very good and it doesn't make a karaoke track, it just lowers the volume of the lyrics.

Shadow20002
12-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Well, i think it's better to buy DVDs Karaoke. :) You bought the Music Mixer is just for the microphone.

Bakeman
12-23-2003, 07:40 PM
well that kinda sucks..

And what about those CD's you can.... it won't take those? Like regular karakoke

Crazy Joe
12-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
well that kinda sucks..

And what about those CD's you can.... it won't take those? Like regular karakoke

nope, won't read regular karaoke files, the Xbox can play them, but it's like if you put it in a CD player, you can get the audio, but no on-screen lyrics, which is kind of the point.

Bakeman
12-23-2003, 08:44 PM
yeah....

Well that sucks man!