PDA

View Full Version : Fable co-op!!!!!

Doom3_
12-23-2003, 08:00 PM
A month ago i subscribed to OXM and learned an even cooler thing about Fable, it has co-op!!!! Now I really want this game and was wondering two things

1st: When is it coming out (1/14/04)?

2nd: Do you think it will flop?

Sheeyt
12-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Here is something even cooler, this news has been known since E3 that Fable will have Co-Op play. Infact in a recent interview its been said that it will have 4 player co-op play.

Now to answer your question.

1st: There has never ever ever been a specific date set for this game as of yet. According to the developers the game is 95% done and they are just fine tuning the mechincs and trying to iron out last minute bugs. They have hinted at an early 04 release.

2nd: If the game lives up to all the hype then it will certainly be a huge hit. Maybe one of the best Xbox games ever. However if the developers fall short on all the hype they've been building around this revolutionary game then it will certainly flop.

thrAsher
12-24-2003, 09:15 AM
The last I heard in a recent interview was that they were shooting for Q3 2004. That could have just been a conservative date. "It'll be done when it's done" is the most common official response to release date queries, however.

The co-op mode is a great and welcome addition. As far as hype-kill, I think the only people who will be disappointed in the game are those who've been following it's development for the last couple years. A lot of stuff had to be re-tooled because of the limitations of the X, and promises were broken. However, those who've never heard of the game will probably be astounded. I have high hopes that Big Blue Box will deliver an amazing RPG, if not the benchmark for all future RPGs.

Ugunnalose
12-24-2003, 12:22 PM
1. I read taht it is 90% supposed to be out in june

2. no it will not flop

kenji
12-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I read about that too. It looks awsome because there is only 1 main hero, but if player 2 kills more people than player 1, then they take over the hero spot! Talk about competition! It's going to be epic.

Happy Holidays!:cheers:

Hard Boiled Cop
12-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Its something to do with Alter Eco. Both of you take control of one character, one playing as bad and another as good.

Nameless
12-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Its something to do with Alter Eco. Both of you take control of one character, one playing as bad and another as good.
I haven't heard anything about one being good and one being bad...hook me up with a link.

My understanding of it is that you upload you character to another's game via memory card. At any time you can switch off and become the lead character. When your finished playing your character retains any upgrade he got during the game.

Haven't read about this mode in a long time, since I really don't care about it.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-25-2003, 10:18 AM
I read this from a magazine, I don't have the links. Remember it use to be called Project Ego?