PDA

View Full Version : Will Halo 2 have any competition?

Doom3_
12-23-2003, 08:04 PM
I was thinking that Doom 3 and Half Life 2 could hurt Halo 2 but who was i kiding. Any thoughts?

P.S. Also Hl2 and D3 arent coming out till Q3 04 which changes things.

BunnyRabbit
12-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Theres always going to be contenders for the "best game of all time"
Gaming is improving all the time... You never know whats going to come around next and knock your socks off.. I mean what was the coolest game ever before Halo? Pong? Whatever floats your boat.
:p

Anyway, im sure sometime soon some change the gaming age type of game will come out and Halo will be mere squash..You never know.

JJaX
12-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Bunny! Why do you always bite on these redundant threads?

http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/makeitstoppail-Elvisofdeath.jpg

Lucifer_Hawk
12-23-2003, 09:07 PM
LOL, what a hilarious pic, I love that thing, I think I just got a new desktop background :D I really think Halo2 has got what it needs to make it pretty strong but when doom3 and half-life 2 are out, I think Halo2 will be blown out, but you gotta think, Half-Life2 and Doom3 are for PC,and people may just wait for it to be on console cause I doubt many people have comps good enough to run those games decently.

No Fear 23
12-23-2003, 09:10 PM
halo this, halo that, halo there, halo

Sigma
12-23-2003, 09:26 PM
HALO 2 will be good, but it will not be the best game ever. I doubt it will even be Game of the Year (IMO anyway).

mattgame
12-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Nope. There still isn't a game that beats Halo.

BunnyRabbit
12-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Bunny! Why do you always bite on these redundant threads?

http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/makeitstoppail-Elvisofdeath.jpg

Hahaha I just happen to read and reply to anything that gives an interest to me.. Halo 2 just happens to be at the tip top of my interest list. But yeah.. I think ive posted the same post in like 8 different threads saying that. Im getting tired of it, but I never remember if I reply to former ones or not..

Great pic by the way~

cutthroat
12-24-2003, 01:32 AM
There will always be good games out there, but very few will be put together as good as Halo. I'm really looking forward to Full Spectrum Worrior and Phantom Dust.(Games that play different then others) I can't wait for them to be realesed.

Sexaya
12-24-2003, 03:37 AM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Half-Life 2 will be so much better than Halo 2. Why? The graphics, which are much better from what I saw, and most importantly the physics seem to play a much more realistic and important part in the game.

Then again, nobody has really seen a 30-min video clip like the HL2 one, so you never know. I hope both of them rock, the more the merrier!

And for some reason I'm not hyped about Doom 3... I just don't like the dark atmosphere and it's general theme. :cheers:

SPARTAN VI
12-24-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Sexaya
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Half-Life 2 will be so much better than Halo 2. Why? The graphics, which are much better from what I saw, and most importantly the physics seem to play a much more realistic and important part in the game.

Then again, nobody has really seen a 30-min video clip like the HL2 one, so you never know. I hope both of them rock, the more the merrier!

And for some reason I'm not hyped about Doom 3... I just don't like the dark atmosphere and it's general theme. :cheers:

Yay, better graphics and phyiscs make a better game! Imagine this; a ball, in a room, perfect phyics, and it runs at 419023123290 x 32843390284 resolution with bump-, bit-, grit-, and tit-mapping! Excuse the sarcasm, but physics and graphics aren't everything.

[Edit] Oh and, Fable, Doom3, and HL2 might be fighting for GOTY. If it wasn't 4:15am, I'd rant about Fable.

Sexaya
12-24-2003, 06:15 AM
Hey, physics is a big part of the gameplay in HL2. If you've watched the E3 demo you'll know what I'm talking about. And you can't say that graphics don't help a game (a lot), sure gameplay is much more important but graphics are also important. Again, if you've seen the demo you'll agree with me that the graphics are... Breathtaking. :cheers:

SPARTAN VI
12-24-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Sexaya
Hey, physics is a big part of the gameplay in HL2. If you've watched the E3 demo you'll know what I'm talking about. And you can't say that graphics don't help a game (a lot), sure gameplay is much more important but graphics are also important. Again, if you've seen the demo you'll agree with me that the graphics are... Breathtaking. :cheers:

Thanks to Koopa, I've offically watched the HL2 demo to death. It's awesome, I want more, I want to sleep, I want to eat, I want to play HL2.

SmileBit
12-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Metroid Prime 2 will own Halo 2 it wont even be funny.

E Nomini Patri
12-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Thanks to Koopa, I've offically watched the HL2 demo to death. It's awesome, I want more, I want to sleep, I want to eat, I want to play HL2.

Dude, have you seen the full res parts of that trailer from Bink Video? They're insane! Go get them at Gametrailers if you haven't:

Here (http://gametrailers.com/vault-h.html) on the top of the list.

Also, you said physics and graphics aren't everything, so i assume you mean this game won't be that good? The gameplay looks just as good man!

Hard Boiled Cop
12-24-2003, 04:31 PM
One of the PS2 magazine quoted about Mace Griffin, they said it was 'Halo for the PS2'. WTF? I mean no FPS game can compete against Halo. And now Halo2 is coming out. I think Doom 3 and Half Life 2 will be competitors.

DocHoliday78
12-24-2003, 05:08 PM
I think HL2 is gonna make halo 2 work for goty.

Nameless
12-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Super! Another thread devoted to an overated franchise of games! We should just give Halo its own damn forum...

Anyway, for me Halo is not the greatest game...on any system. There are plenty of better ones, I fail to see what makes Halo so "special". Halo 2, I haven't played so I honestly can't say how that will be...but I think unfortunately it won't have much competition.

LINKINPARK8591
12-24-2003, 06:11 PM
you guys have seen the trailer right well one of them here's one
halo2 trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_halo2_e3_2k3_8min.html)

l Maximus l
12-24-2003, 07:44 PM
There already isn't a game better than Halo 2 :D

The first Halo, IMO, is the best game ever created. Halo 2 is the only game, IMO, that has the chance to topple it from the seat of the throne.

Brimstone D.
12-24-2003, 09:17 PM
The biggest competition to Halo 2 will be itself...Just take a look at the most anticipated game of all time 'Metal Gear Solid: 2' for the Sony Playstation 2, it wasn't what people expected from it, so it got below average ratings. It looked amazing on screen at E3 but it didn't go swell at the end of production...

All I'm saying is that theirs too much pressure on the Developer of Halo 2, hopefully the pressure and deadlines won't pressure them to commit horrible mistakes...wether that be Graphics, FPS, Pixels, etc.

SPARTAN VI
12-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Also, you said physics and graphics aren't everything, so i assume you mean this game won't be that good? The gameplay looks just as good man!

If I was retarded monkey, I'd grumble something that sounds like, "Half-Life2 sucks". Obviously not the case. The guy tried to support his opinion of a 'better game' by putting HL2's graphics and physics on a pedestal, which is an inferior argument when compared to gameplay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped up about HL2 as much as the next guy, just wanted to finger out the weaker argument. But if graphics and physics hypes him up, then by all means. :confused:

Hard Boiled Cop
12-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Halo was great cos it was original. The big environments, the driveable vehicals, the visuals, the AI and physics engine. I haven't even played other FPS game that has that type of stuff. Even though everybody is saying Halo 2 is going to be great, the developers need to find a way to make Halo 2 surpass the original. It needs to have what Halo 1 has and upgrade it or add new features.

ShannonX
12-25-2003, 12:55 PM
i'll be getting all three. So i'm an equal opportunity gamer.

l Maximus l
12-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Brimstone D.
The biggest competition to Halo 2 will be itself...Just take a look at the most anticipated game of all time 'Metal Gear Solid: 2' for the Sony Playstation 2, it wasn't what people expected from it, so it got below average ratings. It looked amazing on screen at E3 but it didn't go swell at the end of production...

All I'm saying is that theirs too much pressure on the Developer of Halo 2, hopefully the pressure and deadlines won't pressure them to commit horrible mistakes...wether that be Graphics, FPS, Pixels, etc.

Honestly, there is no way that Bungie will screw this game up! I can't wait. But, you make some great points :)