PDA

View Full Version : Question about GTA double pack.

Generation X
12-23-2003, 09:51 PM
I hear you can upload your own music, is this tru and how does it sound with the other sound effects? and how does it work in general like do you chose what station it goes on or what?

SniperPete
12-23-2003, 10:35 PM
IM prolly picking this up tommorow
ill let u know

ScorpionX
12-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Yes, you can put your own custom soundtrack on there, and you can select any song from it. You can only listen to it when your in a car, and it goes well with the other sound effects. :cheers:

BunnyRabbit
12-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Heres a question.. Does GTA DP freeze up on you guys? It does it for me and I just dont get why.. It freezes up on me alot. I hate it.
I actually think its the condition of my Xbox.. The whatcha call it..The lens. Its all dirty ill suppose. I need to buy a cleaner. How much does a lens cleaner cost and what does it look like? Does it look like a disc and you put it in and let it spin to wipe the lens off...? How does it work?

ScorpionX
12-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
Heres a question.. Does GTA DP freeze up on you guys? It does it for me and I just dont get why.. It freezes up on me alot. I hate it.
I actually think its the condition of my Xbox.. The whatcha call it..The lens. Its all dirty ill suppose. I need to buy a cleaner. How much does a lens cleaner cost and what does it look like? Does it look like a disc and you put it in and let it spin to wipe the lens off...? How does it work?

A lot of people have been having the same problem. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the drive, I think its some sort of glitch with the game.

LTM360
12-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Generation X
I hear you can upload your own music, is this tru and how does it sound with the other sound effects? and how does it work in general like do you chose what station it goes on or what?

Yes, you can upload your own music. In Grand Theft Auto 3 (dont know about Vice) after Chatterbox (normally the last radio station on the list) this comes up instead of the radio being off "CD 1 Track 1" CD1 = the first sountrack on your Xbox, Track1 being the first song on that soundtrack. Holding 'L' and using the direct. pad up and down you can change the soundtrack, and left and right changes the track. Its pretty simple, though difficult to do running from the cops.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Vice City has custom soundtrack. It sounds different though. Its cassette instead of CDs so you can hear some rattle sounds when you're changing music. Its cool.

E Nomini Patri
12-24-2003, 06:29 PM

It's the disc. Mine does that too and it pisses me off quite a bit.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Where can you find the helicopter in Vice City?

Penfold
12-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I got my GTA DP as a Christmas present and was very impressed with having to use your own soundtrack. However, I was a bit disappointed with the sound quality. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high.

I will admit this: I own also a copy of GTA 3 and GTA VC for the PS2. This XBOX version is so superior over the PS2 version that I am going to wait till the XBOX version of GTA Sin City (or whatever name it is with the final working version) comes in 2005. In other words, I will not buy the PS2 version when it comes out next year.

Duke
12-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Where can you find the helicopter in Vice City?

There are a few places.

Off the top of my head:

On top of Diaz's mansion
One building directly NE of the shack by downtown (buyable property)
On top of the apt. building by the music studio (also buyable)
Pretty sure there's one or two others, but that's usually where I pick mine up

On the topic of freezing, only happened to me once, but it was right before I could save after probably, for me, the hardest mission in the game.

kenji
12-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Yeah, mine just froze and I haven't saved in a while so I was set back awhile. It really sucks.

The custom track thing is pretty cool, but you can only listen in the car and usually can't hear the entire song and the game stops sometimes(maybe the freezing thing).

Happy Holidays!:cheers:

BunnyRabbit
12-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

It's the disc. Mine does that too and it pisses me off quite a bit.

Oh well thats retarded.. Ive been working like crazy trying to fix it from doing that. Ive been wiping the game down and blowing into my xbox hoping to clear dust if any were on the lens and all.
I think its a mix because I get real bad glitches all the time and have to restart my xbox. Not just on that game either. I might go and buy a new xbox when I get my job sometime after January.:(

JJaX
12-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by LTM360

Yes, you can upload your own music. In Grand Theft Auto 3 (dont know about Vice) after Chatterbox (normally the last radio station on the list) this comes up instead of the radio being off "CD 1 Track 1" CD1 = the first sountrack on your Xbox, Track1 being the first song on that soundtrack. Holding 'L' and using the direct. pad up and down you can change the soundtrack, and left and right changes the track. Its pretty simple, though difficult to do running from the cops.

You hold the 'black' button, not 'L'

Up + down changes the "sound track" thats on your Hard drive, Left and right changes track number.

And yes both games support custom sound tracks.

Dark Voodoo
12-25-2003, 11:49 PM
I got da same problem. I get like blue shiny glitches and sometimes i fall through the road and hit somewhere on the other side of the city.I even landed on top of the subway. Sometimes glitches are cool me thinks

Hard Boiled Cop
12-26-2003, 08:39 AM
You should always save it every time you finsh a mission. I don't listen to the soundtracks. I just listen to some talk radio like 'chatterbox' in GTA3. They just crack me up!

Casper
12-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Fyi - removed the trails - it looks so much better it's not even funny.

As far as the freezing issues go - I haven't had a problem with either of these, but use a lens cleaner and see if that helps.

BunnyRabbit
12-26-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Fyi - removed the trails - it looks so much better it's not even funny.

As far as the freezing issues go - I haven't had a problem with either of these, but use a lens cleaner and see if that helps.

A lens cleaner.. Ive been really wanting to get one.. What are they like? I mean what do they look like and how much do they usually go for?
How do they work is it like a disc shaped thing with a scrub on it and you stick it in and let it spin for a minute or something?
Also where do they sell them? In any gmae elctronic selling store?

Casper
12-26-2003, 01:31 PM

A lens cleaner.. Ive been really wanting to get one.. What are they like? I mean what do they look like and how much do they usually go for?
How do they work is it like a disc shaped thing with a scrub on it and you stick it in and let it spin for a minute or something?
Also where do they sell them? In any gmae elctronic selling store?

It's just a disk that has a brush on it so when the laser goes to that spot, it gets cleaned. You can get it at Best Buy, FYE, or any other store that sells DVD players or DVD's.

TuffEagle88
12-26-2003, 08:48 PM
someone asked where the helicopter are so here is a link to a map of all of the known choppers and planes. click here for map and instructions (http://www.cheatplanet.com/ps2cheats/gtavcmap.htm)

Hard Boiled Cop
12-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Oh try not to use a lens cleaner. I used it once and it totally F*** up my xbox. Half of the games I can't even play. So I bought a new one.
And thanks for the map Tuffeagle88

SniperPete
12-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Lens cleaners work u just want a soft bristle lens cleaner. Mines like a cotton swab in my cleaner. DoNT use a CD lens cleaner. THey got really hard bristles.