PDA

View Full Version : X2VGA Adapter : Good, Bad, Decent?

thrAsher
12-24-2003, 12:30 PM
http://www.x2vga.com/

Delivers crystal clear 480p, 720p, and 1080i Xbox displays on standard VGA monitors.

Provides exceptional 480i EasyView feature for effortless setup.

Includes stereo audio and digital audio outputs with complete support for the Xbox's Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

Provides composite video output for convenient connecting to a traditional TV display (480i).

Offers complete functionality with a simple cable connection. No need to buy an additional Xbox High Definition AV Pack.

Outstanding signal processing ensures correct screen brightness.

Provides VESA standard separate H/V sync. and composite sync. to VGA for enhanced compatibility.

Provides Mode Indicator LED, which show the current display mode (480p, 720p, or 1080i).

I'm considering buying this thing, as an HDTV is just outta the picture at the moment. I have a monitor or two I could use, and while my existing tube is huge, the picture isn't that great, no matter how I adjust it.

Anybody have this gadget, or know anything about it?

jhsu
12-24-2003, 01:41 PM
I have it right now, it's a great deal and makes your games look so much better(though some games look a bit "jaggy" now). be warned however, the X2VGA doesn't work with all monitors(it didn't work with my 19")....but if you're willing to risk it(or have more than one monitor in ur house to test the X2VGA with) go for it, u won't regret it

thrAsher
12-26-2003, 10:55 AM
I have a couple monitors I could try it on, actually. :)

What games are you getting these 'jaggies' on? Could it be you're not using the right setting, or could it be your monitor?

Thanks for the info, btw. :cheers:

CRAYMAN
12-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I have a couple monitors I could try it on, actually. :)

What games are you getting these 'jaggies' on? Could it be you're not using the right setting, or could it be your monitor?

Thanks for the info, btw. :cheers:

I have one called the "Xbox VGA". And I have jaggies.
One of the Teamxbox writers wrote a review of it and theorized that due to the higher resolution of the PC monitor the jaggies became visible.

Maybe I could sell mine to you as I don't use it.

thrAsher
12-26-2003, 05:13 PM
CRAYMAN, what do you want for it? I might be interested.

As far as the jaggies, I did notice that on my brother's Sony Wega(?) that you can see all kinds of stuff I'd never have seen on my tube. He was playing a little R63 and while it looked nice for the most part, some stuff looked just awful at the higher resolution.

:confused:

CRAYMAN
12-26-2003, 05:16 PM
I don't know...45 bux...???

BTW, it's not one of those cheapo line doublers like Pelican and others are selling.

It's a quality adapter, comparable to the one you're considering.

thrAsher
12-26-2003, 05:21 PM
CRAY, let me sleep on it. I'm interested, for sure, but would like to think about it before I just go for it.

:cheers:

Ninjermy
01-02-2004, 06:19 PM
decent

MikeMan91389
01-06-2004, 11:11 PM
im lookin for one too.. I might get that one that appeared in OXM a lil while back...

NY89
01-07-2004, 06:27 AM
I don't really see the point

NY89
01-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Well I guess it'd look better

Peepers
01-07-2004, 11:16 PM
I need to think about getting one of these. I'm going to college next year and if I can just have a computer monitor and not a TV that might save me a lot of trouble. Is there a way that you can get a VGA adapter to watch cable on your monitor that's any good?

Heavens Gate
01-08-2004, 10:56 AM
I got the jaggies with my Dreamcast VGA adapter as well. The games that had the Jaggies looked great on my TV so, now I only use s-video. Anyways, I hate playing games on my monitor especially when I have a kick a$$ tv with S-video and surround sound system. I have a switch box and have my Xbox, PS2, Gamecube , Dreamcast and DVD Player plugged in. My Sharp tube 36" with s-video looks better than the Vega and a VGA adapter. I'll stick with a tv.

Ethereal S. D.
01-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Do you think that thing will work on a 19" flatscreen Philips monitor? Cause I'm wondering where I can get one of those things. EB doesn't have them And I have yet to check Radio Shack or some other tech store.