PDA

View Full Version : What is a PS2 Port

Chr0nik
01-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Keep seeing people making reference to xbox games being PS2 ports, what does it mean,

Thnx

JJaX
01-03-2002, 11:26 AM
They take a game thats already made for the PS2 and make it a xbox game. This upsets people because when games are 'ported' the enhancments are at a minamal. Compared to a game built from the ground up strictly for the xbox you get amazing graphic effects. Examples Fever + halo. Although Fevers gameplay is weak, But thats my opinion.

For example Madden was a port. They improved on things such as graphics textures etc. But this still upset people because it was still relativly close to the PS2 version. And people looked at EA as lazy because all they did was a "simple" port instead of starting from scratch.

Ports arent neccesarly a bad thing at all. I think ports are great, If theres a game on PS2 that i want for xbox i think its great news to have it ported. I dont care if the "enhancments" arent mind blowing or if we dont get '3' new levels as rumored . As long as i get the same expierence as the PS2 version im happy. Example: Grant theft auto 3.

I hope i cleared things up