PDA

View Full Version : Good Site for reviews on xbox games?

BORNGD
01-03-2002, 11:29 AM
anyone know of any? i go to www.videogames.com but it seems like they never update it as much as they should...any suggestions?:cool:

E-Xbox
01-03-2002, 11:46 AM
hey man
looking for reviews eh??
ok......well the best place for the reviews would be right here at xboxaddict.com
check out the staff reviews, the user reviews or just all the reviews!
some of them are really really good
otherwise just go to like xbox.ign.com

but the 1st option for xbox stuff should always be XBA

lata

Plewis
01-03-2002, 11:49 AM
Right wit ya E! I love XBA. The only other Xbox site I go to is Xbox.com, and that's for videos.

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 12:28 PM
Dude, the reviews on here are great :D I like them because they focus on the important aspects of each game...most people in here do a great job but I only have one qualm: I wish people would only review games that they actually own or one they rented but played for atleast 6 hours.

Games like Azurik, for example, must be played for atleast 6 hours to get an accurate review. At first thought, I didn't think I would like that game...but, after playing it for over 20 hours now, I can honestly say that this is one of the best action/adventure games I have ever played!

terrapin
01-03-2002, 12:34 PM
I am with you Maximus. People should only review games after they have played them for at least 6 (though I would suggest more) and completed at least 70% of the game. Most games start out really good only to fizz out and have crap endings.

pukkaboy
01-03-2002, 12:35 PM
gamespot reviews are always long and informing. Thats my second port of call. My first is the mighty www.xboxaddict.com :D

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by terrapin
I am with you Maximus. People should only review games after they have played them for at least 6 (though I would suggest more) and completed at least 70% of the game. Most games start out really good only to fizz out and have crap endings.

I agree, dude...should be like 10 hours or something! But, that idea brings me to point out or remind all of us of the fact that when creating a review on Xboxaddict.com, it shows how much time the person actually played the game...I think that makes the review board that much better :)

xboxlover
01-03-2002, 01:11 PM
Hey pukka one of your very rare posts oh yes erm xba rulez.

Lightwave Freak
01-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
otherwise just go to like xbox.ign.com

Id be careful when going to ign BORN... Ive heared that their reviews arent that accurate....

pukkaboy
01-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by xboxlover
Hey pukka one of your very rare posts oh yes erm xba rulez.

wow!! So you did :D good for you. Now i'm up to 23

E-Xbox
01-03-2002, 04:33 PM
hey all
i think that the reviews on this site are the best on the web
and that this site is better than xbox.com

the main reason i think the reviews are better here is that they are
"Reviews written for gamers, by gamers"

lata all

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Stay here, or get the OXM, they suck sometimes but they have some good stuff, and a demo disc so...

Kamshaft
01-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Now that the review system is in full swing with over 600+ user reviews, we hope that it will help sort out the good games from the bad ones. I hate to see someone spend $50 on a game and it ends up collecting dust!

That's what XboxAddict.com is for to help you guys make a better purchase in the future!

Enjoy the site....also, we'll be doing a big hardware giveaway soon! Stay Tuned.

mattcoxonline
01-03-2002, 05:16 PM
As my last post got deleted (sorry mods!) here's my new one:

Yeah, Xbox Addict is the best place to look...
And check my signature

xboxking
01-03-2002, 06:49 PM
I think interviews with the publishers are good. Especially since these are the guys who made the game. They would probably be biased, but at least they can tell you what they have added and what they like about the game etc.
Cheers

TheIngenious
01-03-2002, 07:25 PM
:D
If you are searching for authentic reviews and game coerage, I recommend XBA(online) and OXM(mag).
Xbox Addict has the largest game database I've seen so far.
Official Xbox Magazine has good coverage, bad humor, as well as an amazing Game Disc.
I can't wait for the March issue with playable demos of Project Gotham Racing, Bloodwave, and Hunter: The Reckoning!
:D

Check out OXM online:
http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/