PDA

View Full Version : Return policy for games????

TuffEagle88
12-25-2003, 12:04 PM
This year I asked for the GTA DP and got it, but after playing it for only maybe 4 hours I'm sick to death of it. Its probably because I already play it over at my friend's house all the time, but I'm bored to death with it. I feel kinda bad for my parents because that was the only game I got this year and it was the first thing on my list, but after playing it for awhile I wish I could take it back. It was bought from Wal-Mart and I was wondering if anyone knew if they took back games that were opened, or exchanged them for another game or store credit???

I'll give it a few more days, because I feel like I'm kinda tired and cranky today, but I'd like to try to trade it in if I could. Its a pretty good game, but after having played it so much already and just kinda wondering around completing missions and really not doing anything except wandering around blowing people's heads off with excessive amounts of blood spewing from their necks, I got kinda disgusted with it. What I think of the game is besides the point, I was just wondering if Walmart took back opened games, or if there was a "flaw" or "glitch" in it if it could be exchanged for a different game. thanks people.

Crazy Joe
12-25-2003, 12:07 PM
maybe if you say there is something wrong with it or something, they might take it back.. but they might check. I would try anyway, you might get credit. If not, look to the Trading Forum, someone will probably trade a good game for it.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-25-2003, 12:19 PM
I love the game but the controls are a bit dodgy. I played it at a mates house but all I was doing was killing people and using cheats provided for me. I didn't do actual missions. Playing the missions can be real fun. I can see your reasons for trading it in. I mean my mates says that they're sick of it as well and they own an xbox.

Yeah you should go to trading forums. Good deals.

TheWaxTadpole
12-25-2003, 09:28 PM
I am pretty sure they won't take it back.. What they MAY do is if you say it is broken is.. They will give you a new one, but open the box.. lol. The only store I know of that will give you a refund on games opened or not without any problem.. Is Sam's Club.. even though they are they same company as Wal-Mart.. There are too many people copying games to accept returns..

SniperPete
12-25-2003, 09:41 PM
They will not take it back. Absoultly not. IVe tried. all they will do is give u a new copy. no returns. thas why i buy from EB

TuffEagle88
12-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Ok, thanks guys. I think that I'm gonna keep it after having played it a little more. I like GTA3 more than VC, but they are both pretty good as long as you don't use too many cheats, because it seems that cheats diminish the gameplay of these games more than any other game. thanks again

Hard Boiled Cop
12-27-2003, 11:57 AM
I use cheats to kill people. I don't do missions using cheats. Only free roaming.

TuffEagle88
12-27-2003, 03:43 PM
yea, I try not to use them on missions but I'm gonna start playing it with as little cheats as possible because it hurts your criminal rating. look under stats to see what I mean, on VC I've used cheats the entire time and I have a rating of -9000 which is a total liar. But on GTA3 I haven't used any cheats except for a few times and I have a better rating.

something that really sucks though is that on VC I saved it with the riot and ped. have weapons cheats on because I thought that they would reset when I turned off the game, but nope so I'm stuck with it and I'm almost finished so I don't want to restart from scratch.