PDA

View Full Version : The question that begs an answer: What did you get for your XBox Christmas?!?!

l Maximus l
12-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Feel free to list your XBox goodies and, if you like, list off some other stuff. I'll kick this off!

1. Counter-Strike

I haven't played this bad boy yet, but, I look forward to it!

2. Mad Catz Steering Wheel

This mama jama ROCKS!!! Oh man, this is the one with the gas and brake pedals and the shifter! I was playing Rallisport Challenge with it and it feels amazing!! I had no idea that this thing was this bad ass! I can't wait for Rallisport Challenge 2 and bustin' this bad boy out on Live :D This is some good shizzle...

3. XBox gansta cap, T-Shirt, and Sweatshirt

High Quality...the goodness of solid black while sportin' the green XBox logo. Pretty hardcore for the most Addicted Addicts!

Other stuff:

1. Ladder.

I needed one of these bad boys so bad to get up on the roof of my home. This is not just some standard 17' ladder...this is the cadillac of all ladders. It can extend from 4' to 17'...fold in the "A" style to a full length ladder. High quality and light as hell...it's definately a must see. I may be over playing this, but, I don't think so. Can you tell I needed one of these?! :D

2. Pressure Washer.

1650 PSI...just enough power to fulfill my needs. I don't know about you dudes, but, in the state of Washington, this is a must for any home owner.

3. Tools tools and more tools.

Did I mention that I got some tools?!

4. Clothes.

Mainly jeans and shirts. Oh yeah, a pair of socks, too!

That's the main stuff...Christmas part duex starts soon where I go to my in-laws house with the wifey. I'll update this when I return!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!

mitch2025
12-25-2003, 01:07 PM
XBL!!!!
prince of persia
thats about all the xbox stuf i got cos my parents got me alot of very expensive stuff like a new sterio and portable DVD player, 2000 Painballs and alot of other goodies

RagunCajun
12-25-2003, 01:43 PM
160 gig HD
chomeleon chip
solderless adapater.

I am also thinking about a steering wheel. But it must work with xbox and ps2. Maximus, does yours only work with the xbox?

l Maximus l
12-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

I am also thinking about a steering wheel. But it must work with xbox and ps2. Maximus, does yours only work with the xbox?

I'm going to assume that it only does since it only has an input that is appropriate only for the XBox controller port.

I don't know how much this bad boy was, however, I am assuming that it was about $80 or so...it's super duper high quality...I had no idea that it was this bad ass! It make racing games far more fun to play :)

X-Fan
12-25-2003, 02:04 PM
-300 usds
-10 dreamcast games
-a new vcr
-17" lcd.
thats abt all i got this christmas :( .btw Merry X-mas Max and to all other addicts.

l Maximus l
12-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan
-300 usds
-10 dreamcast games
-a new vcr
-17" lcd.
thats abt all i got this christmas :( .btw Merry X-mas Max and to all other addicts.

Hey, X-Fan...I also noticed that you got a pistol for Christmas, too...on XBConnect while playing Halo :D hehe ;)

thatroger
12-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeah I have a Madcatz steering Wheel too. It has the shifter and pedals and everything and yes it works for all three systems. Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, even PS1 I think.

I'm betting Maximus got this one. Link (http://madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=4520)

I got this one. Link (http://madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=6320)

l Maximus l
12-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by thatroger

I'm betting Maximus got this one. Link (http://madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=4520)

I got this one. Link (http://madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=6320)

That's exactly the one I got! It doesn't show the foot pedals in that picture, but, I have those, too. It's sweet...the memory card holder/XBL plug in is on the top. I'm not sure about the Universal One that you got has.

By the way, since I just got this thing, how exactly do I calibrate it? I tried, but, I'm not quite sure if I'm doing it right...there are no directions in the box. I'm curious if you or anyone who has one might know. Thx!

blonks
12-25-2003, 02:26 PM
gotham 2

new and awsome tennis raquet (very expensive :D)

new wallet

cheap trick cd :D

some old school head and wristbands

9 holes of x-mas

nice clothes

cant think of the other stuff

o yeah..and in TEH stocking...got some of that new old spice body spray...i must say....tons better then AXE....gets the ladies

l Maximus l
12-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by blinx
gotham 2

o yeah..and in TEH stocking...got some of that new old spice body spray...i must say....tons better then AXE....gets the ladies

bwahahahaha...that's classic :D

X-Fan
12-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Hey, X-Fan...I also noticed that you got a pistol for Christmas, too...on XBConnect while playing Halo :D hehe ;)
yeah yeah max i will show ya one day u bastage!!!:cuss:

NorCal Kid
12-25-2003, 03:37 PM
I got PGR 2 and Links 04...I also got the advanced A/V pack and the picture looks a lot better...for other stuff I got
Family Guy Season 3
Fast times at Ridgemont High DVD
A new zipper DVS sweatshirt
And some nice sweatpants...
Merry Xmas!

Casper
12-25-2003, 04:56 PM
I didn't get one dam thing for the XBox :cry:

But I got $250 for Best Buy - so that'll get me towards that new PC I've been looking at.

kenji
12-25-2003, 07:15 PM
1. GTA Double Pack
2. Ireland rugby jersey
3. Weird soccerball thing

And that's it, but they all are awsome, so that's cool.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!:cheers:

thrAsher
12-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh, let's see...for the Xbox I got nothing. :( But I figured it'd roll like that so I bought myself Arx Fatalis yesterday when I was shopping for my little bro. :D

I got a bunch of stuff for my van, some kitchen appliances I'll probably use all of twice, a huge basket of handmade chocolates and other yummies, a wet/dry shop-vac, an electric razor, and copped a GameBoy Advance (my little bro got an SP and hooked me up w/ his GBA :cool: ). Also just got about $800 worth of PC components from my other brother. Pretty sweet buncha stuff.

And Maximus, my little bro got PGR2 and that same MadCatz setup. Thing is DOPE! Serious. I don't think I could play a racing game again w/o one. I normally don't care for racing games, but that thing makes 'em just feel right.

Hope everybody's day was awesome. I'm stuffed to the gills, and gonna settle down to a couple of hours w/ my Xbox.

:cheers:

AddictXtreeM
12-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Dude, this is my first post.
I GOT XBOX FOR CHRISTMAS

thrAsher
12-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by AddictXtreeM
I GOT XBOX FOR CHRISTMAS

:cool: Welcome to the Asylum, and welcome to the world of the X, Xtreem. I hope you enjoy both equally.

mattgame
12-25-2003, 08:00 PM
I got Counterstrike and a surround sound system. I also got a Gamecube for my son. He has an xbox already. ;)

skorp
12-25-2003, 08:22 PM
I GOT XBOX FOR CHRISTMAS

Congrats and welcome to XBA!!!

I got Rainbow Six 3...

and a $50 gift certificate to Gamestop...

Other than that got alot of clothes, 2hats, a DVD (POTC), and some other stuff...

Merry Christmas!!!:cheers:

wbio
12-25-2003, 08:55 PM
Amped 2 and Counter Strike as well as the HD AV Pack. I also got about $120 worth of Best Buy gift certificates that will be used towards another Xbox

RagunCajun
12-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah I have a Madcatz steering Wheel too. It has the shifter and pedals and everything and yes it works for all three systems. Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, even PS1 I think.

How is that universal steering wheel? I soooooo wanna get it to play GT3, NFSU. I am also going to be getting that new project gotham racing game. I dont think $60 is too much.

LINKINPARK8591
12-26-2003, 12:07 AM
my girl gave me a the xbox case so i can take it anywhere other than that i got clothes, and a couple of music cd's.

Unreal
12-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Feel free to list your XBox goodies and, if you like, list off some other stuff. I'll kick this off!

I will just list my entertainment gifts.

Xbox:
1. Beyond Good & Evil
2. Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne
3. Deus Ex: Invisible War
4. XIII

Playstation 2:
1. Final Fantasy X-2

GameCube:
1. The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2. Ikaruga

Game Boy Advance:
1. Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga
2. Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

DVDS:
1. Pirates Of The Caribbean
2. Bad Boys II
3. The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
4. The Simpsons: Complete 3rd Season
5. Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Box Set
6. Dave Matthews Band: Live At Folsom Field

CD's:
1. Ja Rule: Blood In My Eye
2. Jay-Z: The Black Album
3. No Doubt: The Singles 1992 - 2003
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits
5. Puddle Of Mudd: Life On Display
6. Ludacris: Chicken N' Beer

BTW, I hope everyone had a great christmas and it will carry over into the new year.

Chumley
12-26-2003, 12:31 AM
I recently aquired...

2 mailboxes

the keyboard key "end"

toenail clippers

$4.50 to Gabriel Brothers Dept. Store

l Maximus l
12-26-2003, 01:19 AM
As promised, during my Christmas: Part Duex (at my in-law's house), I got:

No XBox stuff, however, I did get an amazing Craftsman tool box (huge red one with about 20 drawers and such. This thing must have cost a fortune!).

Also, I got two King Size pillows (needed badly), a few pairs of socks, a couple of sweaters, and a camping kit full of tons of stuff.

Good times...especially after about 3 rum and cokes, 2 glasses of Brut Cuvee, and a glass of Merlot :D :cheers:

skorp
12-26-2003, 01:36 AM
As promised, during my Christmas: Part Duex (at my in-law's house), I got:

No XBox stuff, however, I did get an amazing Craftsman tool box (huge red one with about 20 drawers and such. This thing must have cost a fortune!).

Also, I got two King Size pillows (needed badly), a few pairs of socks, a couple of sweaters, and a camping kit full of tons of stuff.

Good times...especially after about 3 rum and cokes, 2 glasses of Brut Cuvee, and a glass of Merlot :D :cheers:

RUM and Coke..... Awesome!!!

Had my share last night as well... One of my favorites! A friend of mine came back from Australia with an interesting drink (forgot the name) that has rum and coke already in a can... He saw it and brought 2 of them back for me... Its still in the fridge... I'm still deciding if I should drink it... Maybe at least one of them.

factorfilms
12-26-2003, 02:18 AM
I GOT XBOX FOR CHRISTMAS

Well this isn't my first post but it's close. I got an Xbox (holiday pack) along with Amped 2.

Other stuff was a Reservoir Dogs movie poster for my room and Simpsons Season 2 on DVD (yes I'm already falling a season behind). Oh and a class ring but I already knew I was getting that.

BinaryXtreme
12-26-2003, 02:23 AM
1. Gotham Racing 2
2. 007 Nightfire
3. $100 gift certificate (Best Buy)
4. Bunch of Jeff Gordon Collectables
5. Underwear (from my wife)
6. DVD Close Encounters Of The 3rd Kind
7. DVD Pirates Of The Carribean
8. Screw Driver
9. $15 gift certificate (Borders)
10. $25 gift card to Starbucks
Can't remember what else

Happy Gaming...

DocHoliday78
12-26-2003, 04:24 AM
[color=blue]160 gig HD
chomeleon chip
solderless adapater.

color]

I hate that damn chip, friends had some problems with it before. I would say what i like but not tryin to get this thread locked. I got Rainbow6 3, Crimson skies, and my bro got his own xbox.

Generation X
12-26-2003, 04:27 PM
I got an XBOX lol, with the Gta double pack. and today im getting the dvd kit an extra controller and raw2.

AmpedRider
12-26-2003, 05:35 PM
PGR2
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Crimson Skies
Dance Dance Revolution

Trento52
12-26-2003, 06:00 PM
metal arms glitch in the system
buffy the vampire slayer chaos bleeds
gta double pack
Prince of Persia

other then that i got

a cool simpsons rotating lamp thing
hulk dvd
and a neat sciencey kit with stuff which is better then it sounds

xbox genius
12-26-2003, 09:33 PM
i got shenmue 2 , exhibition disc, and GTA double pack...

i tried a steering wheel before... but it was puny!!!!!! i mean it was like a 2 yr olds steering wheel... heh at least it was a great experience driving around in rallisport too

thatroger
12-26-2003, 11:29 PM
It's been great but it did have one problem.

I play a game of PGR2, race with it and it works fine. Then I click restart race and I can't shift up, only down. When I try to shift up it acts as a brake. (This is with the stickshift. The buttons on the steering wheel work fine to shift up). I haven't tried it on any other game yet as the only one I have besides PGR2 is Moto GP Demo. To get it to work proper I just quit race and do it again. Other than that it works fine. Any solutions guys?

l Maximus l
12-26-2003, 11:39 PM
It's been great but it did have one problem.

I play a game of PGR2, race with it and it works fine. Then I click restart race and I can't shift up, only down. When I try to shift up it acts as a brake. (This is with the stickshift. The buttons on the steering wheel work fine to shift up). I haven't tried it on any other game yet as the only one I have besides PGR2 is Moto GP Demo. To get it to work proper I just quit race and do it again. Other than that it works fine. Any solutions guys?

hmmm...do you have the Mad Catz one? If so, there is a 5 year warranty on the steering wheel part (not the foot pedals). I'd replace it if I were you. There's my suggestion :)

Wolfboy_888
12-27-2003, 01:06 PM
XBOX Games

Enclave
Ghost Recon
Mech Assault
Indiana Jones
Mace Griffin
Star Wars KOTOR
Sega GT/JSRF
Mechassault
Turok
Soldier of Fortune 2
Tao Feng
GTA Double Pack

XBOX LIVE!

Simpsons
6 Hamilton mint figurines
Simpsons Clue
SImpsons Season 3 DVD
Duff Beer can

A lot of Pez

A lot of clothes

borka105
12-27-2003, 02:06 PM

That's exactly the one I got! It doesn't show the foot pedals in that picture, but, I have those, too. It's sweet...the memory card holder/XBL plug in is on the top. I'm not sure about the Universal One that you got has.

By the way, since I just got this thing, how exactly do I calibrate it? I tried, but, I'm not quite sure if I'm doing it right...there are no directions in the box. I'm curious if you or anyone who has one might know. Thx!

I got the same racing wheel and I got it pretty close to launch with the original project gotham.

It's alright with rallisport, but with Gotham it's amazing....

as to the xbox stuff I've gotten:

Project Gotham 2
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Links 2004
Amped 2
Crimson Skies
Counterstrike
Nba Inside Drive 2004
XBOX pencils, pens and other little things.......

that's about it.......

happy holidays to all :)

-borka105

ColdStone
12-27-2003, 02:16 PM
New Xbox (Early Christmas present)
PGR2
Max Payne
RS3

RagunCajun
12-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

As for what you said, many of my buds have em. work great but thanx for ya opinion. I am serious, im not trying to be mean.:)

Well i went out and bought the Mad Catz universal steering wheel even though nobody gave me info about it."cuss" My mom just went bring it back. It is a great steering wheel. Better than i could have imagined. Shifter, peddels and light up ganges are freakin own. My only problem is that it does not stay on my legs. This is the main reason i didnt keep it. But hey, if ya want a great steering wheel, get it. It's only $54 at walmart.

dd deeznuts
12-27-2003, 03:21 PM
160 gig HD
chomeleon chip
solderless adapater.

I am also thinking about a steering wheel. But it must work with xbox and ps2. Maximus, does yours only work with the xbox? i like the xecuter 2.3 it the best one i think that what most people have