PDA

View Full Version : PGR 2..hyped or just a kiddie game?

Nodarkside
12-25-2003, 01:45 PM
I got PGR2 for christmas, put it in my Xbox.. Each course is dead, feels like driving around in a gallery looking at pictures of a city around you. The handling is like driving a train (yes i have tried many different cars and played online.) The gameplay is something you could expect from an arcade game 4 years ago, kodo and driving style is PATHETIC, what a bad way of trying to make this game interresting. If I was 13 years old I might find this interresting.

Graphics? Who cares about graphics when the gameplay is THIS bad? I turned off this game after some frustrating hours of trying to see if I was missing something. Compared to games like Colin Mcrae, Moto GP 2 (good racing games) and Top Spin (greatest Xbox live game) PGR2 is a JOKE! Can someone tell me why it gets top score?

Seen some weird reviews online, but this one grabs the cake. Also Fever 2004 vs Madden 2004, why does Fever get a better score when Madden is so much better? Never trusting online reviews again. >_<

l Maximus l
12-25-2003, 02:13 PM
I may get PGR2, however, I'm far more pumped up about Rallisport Challenge 2. I played the PGR2 demo and found out that I need to learn this game all over again. I agree, the steering did seem a little too wafty (if that's a word)...if you know what I mean.

As for Madden vs. Fever...all I can say is ESPN Football 2K4...it puts both of the games out to pasture.

By the way, welcome to XBA :)

Nodarkside
12-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Thx :cheers:. Just wondering why this game gets such a high score...hoping there is some option I forgot to turn on..."realistic mode"? "entertainment mode"?

Oh and im sure there is a better football game then Madden 2004, but I was told fever was a better game...what im trying to say is that im always right, and you are all wrong. Damn reviewers, call yourselves experts..hmf :watchout:

Sexaya
12-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Prices are bound to drop soon, since Xbox is getting a bit more published and there's competition, so if everything goes well I might get Top Spin and ESPN NFL 2K4. Just curious about this, but how the heck can the gameplay be bad at a driving game? It doesn't seem that difficult...

Before you go blaming reviewers, don't forget that games are a matter of taste - some like PGR2 some like Midtown Maddness, some like Rainbow Six 3 and some like Unreal Championship. See where I'm getting at? :cheers:

Nodarkside
12-25-2003, 04:14 PM
A game doesnt have to be difficult to have bad gameplay, in most cases its the other way around. The only racing game with worse handling that i can think of is Carmageddon 64. That was 4 years ago or something. :eek:

Generally I think we should start expecting more from our Xbox games, dont buy a game before you've tried it :]. All the games I own are long lasting and worth the money, because I read reviews and test every game before I buy it...sadly I didnt test PGR2 >_<.

My games so far: Halo, Colin McRae 4 (This is how a car really acts), Dead or Alive 3, Top Spin, Splinter Cell, Madden 2004, Moto GP 1-2, FIFA Football 2003, SW:KOTOR, Mech Assault. -> XBOX LIVE! <- :)

skorp
12-25-2003, 08:00 PM
welcome to XBA!

I understand what you meant... But I still enjoyed the PGR2 demo... Anyway, one other game I would suggest is NFS:Underground...

SPARTAN VI
12-26-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Nodarkside
Damn reviewers, call yourselves experts..hmf :watchout:

Sarcasm or not, the reviewers are entitled to their own opinions, even if it's contrary to your own.

Welcome to XBA. Oh and you could review the game yourself in the member reviews section... :watchout:

Unreal
12-26-2003, 10:37 AM
I got PGR2 for christmas, put it in my Xbox.. Each course is dead, feels like driving around in a gallery looking at pictures of a city around you. The handling is like driving a train (yes i have tried many different cars and played online.) The gameplay is something you could expect from an arcade game 4 years ago, kodo and driving style is PATHETIC, what a bad way of trying to make this game interresting. If I was 13 years old I might find this interresting.

Graphics? Who cares about graphics when the gameplay is THIS bad? I turned off this game after some frustrating hours of trying to see if I was missing something. Compared to games like Colin Mcrae, Moto GP 2 (good racing games) and Top Spin (greatest Xbox live game) PGR2 is a JOKE! Can someone tell me why it gets top score?

Seen some weird reviews online, but this one grabs the cake. Also Fever 2004 vs Madden 2004, why does Fever get a better score when Madden is so much better? Never trusting online reviews again. &gt;_&lt;
:huh:

JJaX
12-26-2003, 03:51 PM

Oh and im sure there is a better football game then Madden 2004, but I was told fever was a better game...what im trying to say is that im always right, and you are all wrong. Damn reviewers, call yourselves experts..hmf :watchout:

Who said fever was better than madden? Everyone knows Fever is the short, fat and slow brother of the other NFL titles.

mattgame
12-26-2003, 06:05 PM
First of all welcome. Second of all, you should pick the game that best suits your skills as a gamer. PGR2 requires a fair amount of skill. Do you drive? I'm asking because PGR2 cars handle very close to the real deal. If you tried to drive a car at 90 mphs and turn a corner you will drift, skid, and damn near if not crash and lose control. In other racing games the handle seems to stiff or too loose. I think PGR2 is perfect. Sure some of the sliding is exaggerated but it is a great game in my opinion. Maybe you should try NFSU. The cars are easier to handle. :cheers:

CarGuy
12-26-2003, 06:55 PM
Yea i traded in PGR2 today.. It became repetitive online and the platinum medals are impossible to obtain. I wish they would just get rid of the f***** B.S. Kudos system and add some kind of customization options. The cars and track locations are amazing i just wish there was more depth. Wheels, tires, suspension, engine mods... Not ricer NFSU kind of stuff, but a real car game like GT3.. It's a great game but with me it's the little things that matter and make the game last.

Nodarkside
12-26-2003, 08:13 PM
I wrote a review of the game, I still mean all the things I wrote...but I must admit the game gets more fun once I really mastered the controls ;) . Still its nothing compared to more realistic games like McRae or Moto GP, I know PGR2 isnt supposed to be realistic, thats why I see now that its probably the best game _in its genre_.

This should be in all the reviews of this game, PGR2 is NOT for everyone..its a fun racer, and it IS fun once you master the weird controls..but not 4.9/5.0 fun. Im not saying this is a really bad game anymore, but it doesnt stand out in my game collection like Halo or KOTOR does.

Yep, I drive.

Nodarkside
12-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Who said fever was better than madden? Everyone knows Fever is the short, fat and slow brother of the other NFL titles.
The people I asked before trying both games said that. I live in norway, see? People dont know much about "american football" over here. Including me.

First of all welcome | Sure some of the sliding is exaggerated but it is a great game in my opinion. Maybe you should try NFSU. The cars are easier to handle.
Damn...didnt expect these people to be so friendly..change of tactics :watchout:
I dont really like the Need For Speed games, PGR2 owns NFSU. My point was that games like PGR2 are not for all racing game luvers, and that was never mentioned in any of the reviews, and certainly didnt show on the scores. Maybe im expecting too much from the poor reviewers..

Anyways, good new year :cheers:

l Maximus l
12-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Yea i traded in PGR2 today.. It became repetitive online and the platinum medals are impossible to obtain. I wish they would just get rid of the f***** B.S. Kudos system and add some kind of customization options. The cars and track locations are amazing i just wish there was more depth. Wheels, tires, suspension, engine mods... Not ricer NFSU kind of stuff, but a real car game like GT3.. It's a great game but with me it's the little things that matter and make the game last.

Personally, my biggest gripe with games like GT3 is that you're primarily racing Hondas and the like. Look, man...I own a friggin' Honda. Atleast on PGR2 I can pretend that I'm racing a bad ass Ferrari :D

Cryogenic Pyro
12-26-2003, 11:54 PM
I just picked up Project Gotham Racing 2 today. I love it. It fixed pretty much all of my major gripes from the first one, and completely changed the game, while keeping it in the same style as the first. That is how a sequel should be, it shouldn't be an expansion pack with better graphics.

PGR2 is different from most racing games and takes a lot of getting used to for most people, just like number one. I'm not the best at the game, and I can get gold medals on 1/4 or 1/5 courses. I'm sure once I play more I'll get gold medals on every one.

It's all about the style of game, and the style of person.

I haven't played online yet because I don't feel like paying an extra $20 for the starter kit to get a game I hate(Mech Assault) with the kit, so I'll wait until they sell it without the game, if they don't, well, I smell hate-mail.

Casper
12-27-2003, 12:25 AM
So now I gotta defend myself here? :eek:

Well, like I stated in the review, it was an early release, but I think it was dam close to a complete build. Regardless, the environment of the game is gorgeous, whether you like them or not, these reviews are all done in OUR opinion. Many sites have different opinions of various games (GameSpot hates XBox games, even if they are better than what PS2 released) so you will always find someone that either goes with what you like in games, and some that don't. I will put myself in the later of that group, being that neither Madden or Fever come close to ESPN NFL 2k4 - but hey, that's just me.

Play the game alot more before coming out and bashing what someone else said - especially since I noticed you have already said the handling gets better - I played about 30 hours before writing that. Also, I'm not as much of a 'racing' junky as you - but I still play Rallisport Challenge and I think that RC2 will be the best one that hits the Xbox - but for right now, with the XBL integration that it has, PGR2 is the best we have.

l Maximus l
12-27-2003, 03:02 AM
I feel ya, Casper...I'm definately getting Rallisport Challenge 2 the day it comes out. I still haven't picked up PGR2 yet...I played the demo...seems cool...but, I'm not all that stoked about it for some reason.

Trento52
12-27-2003, 03:12 AM
i have the first pgr but i tried the demo of pgr2 and i absolutely hated it and i know wht you mean about the tracks they are boring. They should be like burnout and have some outdoor forest levels and stuff. the graphics are nice though and the LIVE is a good selling point but it is not the game for me i guess either.

Nodarkside
12-27-2003, 03:14 AM
PGR2 is the best we have. | I still play Rallisport Challenge and I think that RC2 will be the best one that hits the Xbox
I cant let something like that be said without at least mentioning Colin McRae 3 and 4! The best rally games ever made. Perfect graphics and handling, even without many multiplayer options it competes with RC 1 and 2.

PGR2 is probably the best game for people who like arcade racing games like NFS. But the extreme score doesnt feel right when a realistic, and massively detailed game like Colin McRae 4 gets less attention on most gaming websites (im not just talking about XboxAddict here). So the reason I reacted so strongly, was because everyone recommended PGR2 as the ultimate racing game for Xbox, this is not true at all....in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Either Madden or Fever come close to ESPN NFL 2k4 - but hey, that's just me
Im sure you are right about that..casper, but the only american football games we get over here are madden, and fever. So it was an easy choice for me, and im really starting to like this so called football game. You only kick the ball a few times through the entire match. Interresting. Why is it called football...and not something like "smashball" or "carry the ball"? Maybe they didnt know football was taken. Have a nice day. :)

l Maximus l
12-27-2003, 03:20 AM
No offense, nodark...but, Rallisport Challenge kicks the crap out of Colin McCrae, IMO.

Nodarkside
12-27-2003, 03:40 AM
No offense, nodark...but, Rallisport Challenge kicks the crap out of Colin McCrae, IMO.
...ehem..im sure you think RC is more fun then CM4, like most americans..no doubt. Me? I have a cousin who drives rally in RL, he agrees that Colin is as close to real rally as you get. Realism for me is one of the factors that decide what is fun, so what game "kicks the crap" out of the other is subjective, yes?

l Maximus l
12-27-2003, 03:42 AM

...ehem..im sure you think RC is more fun then CM4, like most americans..no doubt. Me? I have a cousin who drives rally in RL, he agrees that Colin is as close to real rally as you get. Realism for me is one of the factors that decide what is fun, so what game &quot;kicks the crap&quot; out of the other is subjective, yes?

Of course it's subjective. But, I prefer games that maximize the XBox's capabilities more. Colin McCrae is one of those multi-platform games that demonstrate limits on the potential of it.

Nodarkside
12-27-2003, 03:59 AM
I agree, who cares about handling, controls, realism, and gameplay as long as the graphics are absolutely maximum of what our machine can handle. I'll give RC a new try then!

No, seriously, I strongly disagree that RC is better than CM, but we will never agree on that. I'll go back to playing my limited multi-platform game with poor graphics. Can we agree to disagree? We are on the same side after all :p. You should try DoA3, best graphics I have seen on the Xbox so far (not counting Halo).

:cheers:

Casper
12-27-2003, 11:35 AM
You should try DoA3, best graphics I have seen on the Xbox so far (not counting Halo).

Yea, great graphics, but one of the weakest fighters I've ever played - jeez, sounds familiar? You want a great fighter, get Soul Calibur 2 - the graphics are much better than the DreamCast version and it's got the best fighting engine I've ever played in a game - unfortunately, they hosed us with the XBL option - which DOA Online will have next year.

Oh, and the infamous question about football - I play 'soccer', have played my whole life, we just got stuck with the name since I don't think they wanted to call it American Football when they came up with the AFL/NFL. If soccer/futbol was a bit more popular here, it might be a different story, but the most remembered futbol player here is still probably Pele...sad, eh?

ColdStone
12-27-2003, 02:30 PM
I was impressed with PGR2. At first I really didn't like the demo. But The full game is much better. I don't have many racing games. Infact the only other racing game I did own was Midnight Club II. I really got sick of that game so I just traded it in. PGR2, just feels more life like. With MCII, I didn't even enjoy the races, because it was such a pain to win. With PGR2 I enjoy racing more.
But as with all games, to each their own.

RagunCajun
12-27-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
(GameSpot hates XBox games, even if they are better than what PS2 released)
Gotta love the xbox fan boys.

Anways, NFSU is a game i wouldnt play much if at all if i couldnt play it online. I wish all yall XBOX only fanboys would have NFSU online. All i do is drag online anways. Perhaps if they make a part 2, it will have XBL or even system link.

JJaX
12-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

Anways, NFSU is a game i wouldnt play much if at all if i couldnt play it online. I wish all yall XBOX only fanboys would have NFSU online. All i do is drag online anways. Perhaps if they make a part 2, it will have XBL or even system link.

Well its true...Every game thats out on PS2 and XBox, 9 out of 10 times gamespot gives the PS2 version a higher rating when its obvious the PS2 version is far inferior. But perhaps the ratings are based on the specs of the machine, and the xbox as much higher hurtle to leap. BUt most see a rating as black and white.

(except EA games of course, lack of XBL support :rolleyes: )

Carnage
12-27-2003, 04:04 PM
I gotta throw my oppinion in here as well. Ive played the demo of PGR2 and I gotta say, it doesnt do the game justice. I picked PGR2 up yesterday and I absolutely love it. NFSU doesnt come close to comparing to this game.

Nodarkside, I agree with you that Colin Mcrae is a much better rally game than RC. I traded RC in for CM3, and im really looking forward to picking up CM4. Give PGR2 a little more time man, you just might find yourself enjoying it :)

Casper
12-27-2003, 04:19 PM

Excuse me? Sorry if I work for an Xbox fansite to make you think that, but what gives you the objective to call me an Xbox fanboy? Or is it that you just like to do that when people bring up other consoles? If I had NFSU online, I'd be much happier probably, but since it's EA, I don't.

But anywho, I'm talking about how when there are cross-platform games released, GS always gives the PS2 one the higher score and then will knock the game for the Xbox due to it not having better graphics than it should have - yet, half the games released for the PS2 have so many jaggies you could slice yourself just staring at the screen.

Whatever, no sense of trying to give you my point of you - I'm just a fanboy :rolleyes:

mattgame
12-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Wow. I gotta say that there is no reason to call someone a fanboy. I mean really what is that? If you like something more than something else that makes you a fanboy? Or is that a slick way into trying to get someone to think how you think? In either case, it's ridiculous and childish. PGR2 is great in many ways. The first I can think of is that anyone on any skill level can play this game and enjoy it. BTW, I have all three of the major systems but the box gets most of my attention. Does that make me a fanboy? :huh:

No Fear 23
12-27-2003, 09:16 PM
i love pgr2 and im kicking everybody's ass online. :eek:

AloneInTheDark
12-27-2003, 09:42 PM

First off, he's not a fan boy. Go check out some scores gamespot. Last year, even though NFL 2k3 was much better on the xbox (even just graphic wise) it got a better score on ps2. I believe thats the game. It happens all the time though. Second, it's not that were xbox only fanboys, we just don't want to waste our money on a system that we'd only have a game or two for. There arent many games that I want for the ps2, so why buy a ps2 for NFSU? Maybe if ea would get thier heads out of thier money hungry asses and suppourt xbox live we'd have the game on live. And the coment about xboxlive on a pt 2 of underground... :rofl:

Where have you been bud? Under a rock, remember, this is EA were dealing with.

OC Noob
12-27-2003, 10:26 PM
How much is PGR2 like compared to 1, because the handling is very realistic, too realistic when you first start playing. Is PGR2 like that?

As far as CMR is concerned, you really can't compare the handling of a rally car on dirt to street racers on pavement. CMR does kick @ss.

One problem I have with PGR is the tracks are tight and all the tracks have atleast a few tight turns. I'd rather run on some wide open tracks and not have to slow down all the freakin time. I want to get in that Ferari and open it up, since I'll never get the chance to in RL.

Did they open up the tracks in PGR2?

Other then that, I think the handling is great, did they change that?

No Fear 23
12-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob
How much is PGR2 like compared to 1, because the handling is very realistic, too realistic when you first start playing. Is PGR2 like that?

As far as CMR is concerned, you really can't compare the handling of a rally car on dirt to street racers on pavement. CMR does kick @ss.

One problem I have with PGR is the tracks are tight and all the tracks have atleast a few tight turns. I'd rather run on some wide open tracks and not have to slow down all the freakin time. I want to get in that Ferari and open it up, since I'll never get the chance to in RL.

i beleive the controlls and handling in pgr2 is the same as the 1st one. sure the tight turns are a pain, but i love them bc it gives me a chance to take over my opponent's spot by ramming against him into the guardrails as he slows down. theres no open tracks in pgr2, but there are some tracks that has mostly all wide turns. the kudos system is changed to make the gameply easier than the 1st one and it is alot easier. if ur unsure, give it a rent.

Nodarkside
12-28-2003, 12:44 AM
I just came back from playing PGR2 online with my bro...its a great game..no doubt. It took me a while to just master the brake, gass, and steering, but isnt that what racing is all about? NEVER had so much fun online before :D. Wohoo! This game is wonderful, but I still disagree with the very high score.

:cheers:

LiquidX
12-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob

The handling is still just as great. And yes most of the tracks are full of tight corners but there are a few that you can go all out on in your Enzo. And tight corners arent all that bad. Theyre good for overtaking oponents and getting some power slide Kudos in. Right now im in the Ultimate Series and got my Enzo up to 210 on the Nurinburg (SP) track.

OC Noob
12-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Great game and I love it, but my personal preference is for wide open racing so in that aspect its a bit of a disapointment, but hey, thats what I have GT3 for:)

I get the wide open tracks in GT and my Farari in PGR, the best of both world:)

Think I'll pass on PGR2 until its a Plat hit though since I've got a lot of racing left to do in the first one still.

Thanks for the info.

IonZephyr
12-29-2003, 01:42 AM
<-- waitin for rsc2 :cheers:

BoundBruiser
12-29-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Trento52
i have the first pgr but i tried the demo of pgr2 and i absolutely hated it and i know wht you mean about the tracks they are boring. They should be like burnout and have some outdoor forest levels and stuff. the graphics are nice though and the LIVE is a good selling point but it is not the game for me i guess either.

I got PGR2 for Christmas, yeah the race tracks are pretty boring but when you get further in the game they get alot better. Elevation changes, you can catch some air and theirs alot of huge corners which you can powerslide all day on. Its alot of fun, or It could be just me. As you guys have said, "It depends on the gamer!"

Sodacider
12-29-2003, 04:58 AM
Oh god, why didn't someone tell ME there was gonna be a Rallisport 2? damn i'm lookin forward to that now.

as for PGR2, it's incredibly fun. I always find it funny how alot of people on XBA go off ranting about how games can only appeal to kiddies---- from your tone it's safe to say i'm older than you--- and guess what, I love it.

its a matter of taste. don't go thinking that you can apply your taste to everyone, and that all reviewers are wrong.

Spaztic
12-29-2003, 11:40 AM
I have played both NFSU and PGR2 and I would say that it blows the living hell out of PGR2! I honestly feel that NFSU is the best racer to date.

Doom3_
12-29-2003, 12:20 PM
kidde game.

Highlite23
12-30-2003, 08:13 AM
LOL, I just gotta laugh when someone is acused of being a XBOX fanboy on this site.

We all know it takes quite a bit to be a true, sterotypical fan boy, but it's still funny to call someone an XBOX fan boy on an XBOX fan site. :eek:

I'm also happy to see Nodarkside posting a review of "HIS" opinion of the game, after all reviews are just that...opinions. God knows many don't agree with my opinions, LOL.

Just wondering if your review would have been a little different if written after you played longer? ;)

borka105
12-30-2003, 10:10 AM
ummm...... here's my take on the situation, cause I don't really care what the rest of you guys think :D

NFSU: what is it 4 player drag racing.......? B-O-R-I-N-G......

wait, doesn't it lag 99% of the time in 4 player meaning you usually just play head-to-head.... B-O-R-I-N-G.

PGR2: this is the NEXT GENERATION of console video games. It has a complete Single Player game that will deliver anywhere from 30-75 hours...... Then it has a complete Online Mode in which you again start from nothing in terms of your kudos rank and have to build that up by playing ONLINE ONLY.

It's 2 games in 1 and both are very well done.

We get Custom Soundtracks
We get tons of the most expensive cars on this side of the planet
We get the best graphics ever seen on a console to date
We get to race all over the world..... (Russia, Sweden, Japan, Hong Kong, UK, U.S.)
We get 8 player LIVE PLAY including the ability to play with a guest

this game has it all and LOOK AT THE DAMN REVIEW SCORES FOR IT!!!

bar none, it's an insult to me as an xbox owner that this game hasn't sold over a million units yet.

NFSU isn't even the best in its class. Midnight Club 2 is a much better racer in the same genre. Yes it has no upgradable parts, but it outshines NFSU in racing, tracks and online play.

*So screw all of you, there goes my rant...

-borka105

borka105
12-30-2003, 10:22 AM
ok, I took the time to read the posts now........ and wtf is up with some of you guys......

do you not realize that this game is ******* near perfect?

the handling of the cars is perfect....... you must be sh*tting me to recommened a game like NFSU which has the most unrealistic handling of any racer around.

who cares about upgradding zillions of parts if the cars drive and handle like they are on ice.....

it's a PURE arcade racer.

PGR2 is a Simulation mixed in with a Kudos system so that it appeals to fans who like both sim and arcade.

you cannot compare the sheer amount of features and options in PGR2 to NFSU.

From the showroom feature, to the fact that you can download the ghosts of people that you play on xbox live, to the fact that you can host 8 player LIVE GAMES with 0 lag...... this game has got it all.

it's the most complete and polished game this year and if you don't believe me, do me a favor and head down to gamerankings.com and see what 50 other of the top Mags and Sites have to say about this masterpiece.....

-borka105

No Fear 23
12-30-2003, 10:26 AM
well said borka, well said. :cheers:

mattgame
12-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I have played both NFSU and PGR2 and I would say that it blows the living hell out of PGR2! I honestly feel that NFSU is the best racer to date.

Please explain. What racers are close in your opinion to NFSU? What racers is PGR2 close to?

BinaryXtreme
12-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Gotham 2 a masterpiece? Give me a break. No friggin' way is this game a masterpiece in my opinion. The car driving responses are far from realistic according to MTV that had some of those hip hop singers and Nascar drivers who own those cars play the game. It's a fun game and that is it. No big break thru innovations in this game at all, it's fun and that's it. Materpiece, I laughed my ass off when I read that, geeesh.

No Fear 23
12-31-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
Gotham 2 a masterpiece? Give me a break. No friggin' way is this game a masterpiece in my opinion. The car driving responses are far from realistic according to MTV that had some of those hip hop singers and Nascar drivers who own those cars play the game. It's a fun game and that is it. No big break thru innovations in this game at all, it's fun and that's it. Materpiece, I laughed my ass off when I read that, geeesh.

it is the masterpeice and best racing game to date on any console. now laugh ur ass off on this bc its tru in my opinion.

borka105
12-31-2003, 03:32 PM

heck yeah the game has lots off inovation. Just the fact that it's the first real car game that's online playable on a console.

the fact that you can download the ghosts of other people.

the fact that you can drive in so many different places around the world that have been recreated to the tee.

arguably the best looking racing game ever and that mixes in a perfect blend of sim and arcade action.

this game didn't receive high 9's to even 10's for nothing, it is the best racing game of this year without a doubt and arguably the best ever.

oh and until you yourself have driven the 100+ cars in the game, don't tell me what those so called hip hop singers or nascar drivers think about the cars.... I doubt 1/2 of them even know how to correctly operate those cars.......

what's a manual? :p

-borka105

BinaryXtreme
12-31-2003, 04:45 PM
Still laughing my ass off about that masterpiece bit.

Wait...........

Nope...still laughing.

Ok seriously, let me think about this....

Project Gotham 2, a masterpiece....hmmm........

Yep, still laughing.....

Gave it some thought and like to apologize, but,

STILL LAUGHING MY ASS OFF BUDDY!!!!!

Cryogenic Pyro
12-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Still laughing my ass off about that masterpiece bit.

Wait...........

Nope...still laughing.

Ok seriously, let me think about this....

Project Gotham 2, a masterpiece....hmmm........

Yep, still laughing.....

Gave it some thought and like to apologize, but,

STILL LAUGHING MY ASS OFF BUDDY!!!!!
I'm still laughing that you don't think it's a masterpiece. The handling is much better than the first, and is realistic along the lines of the Sim/Arcade racer it's supposed to be.

The gameplay style is completely original.

The overall game style is original.

The graphics are amazing.

It has Live Play.

It has hours upon hours of single player game.

The game is fun to play.

You post no reasons why the game isn't a masterpiece, you just post that it isn't. You have no arguement to your statement.

And what you said about according to people on MTV and Nascar drivers. Guess what? Nascar drivers don't drive these kinds of cars, and half the Nascar drivers suck, and haven't won a single event.

I don't have to comment on the MTV people. What the hell does a rapper know about driver? About as much as getting shot up in a gang war. Nothing. Unless you are talking about Fifty Cent, well, then I'd have to change that analogy.

BananaMan
12-31-2003, 05:09 PM
I think PGR2 is one of the best racing games i've play for my xbox.But hey that's just me.;)

BinaryXtreme
12-31-2003, 05:22 PM
I know, I know.......Nascar drivers suck.........they drive cars at 180 mph. They don't own those types of cars......hmmmm. Jeff Gordon has 2 Lamborghini's, 1 Ferrari and Earnhardt Jr. has an exotic collection as well. I think you poring on to what a fool you really are. Nascar drivers don't know **** about driving? DUH, DUH, DUH. I guess rappers can't rap, race car drivers can't drive, musicians can't play music, and, love this, Gotham 2 is a masterpiece. Go ahead and reply because I won't see it. Banning you buddy. Cya, you're the best buddy....love ya.

borka105
12-31-2003, 07:14 PM
I know, I know.......Nascar drivers suck.........they drive cars at 180 mph. They don't own those types of cars......hmmmm. Jeff Gordon has 2 Lamborghini's, 1 Ferrari and Earnhardt Jr. has an exotic collection as well. I think you poring on to what a fool you really are. Nascar drivers don't know **** about driving? DUH, DUH, DUH. I guess rappers can't rap, race car drivers can't drive, musicians can't play music, and, love this, Gotham 2 is a masterpiece. Go ahead and reply because I won't see it. Banning you buddy. Cya, you're the best buddy....love ya.

obviously this guy is a nascar fan since he's got a 24 under his name....... I mean anyone who can sit through and watch for 5 hours the same 40 cars driving around in circles and actually get an enjoyment out of it has to be a tad bit messed up if you ask me.

but hey, that's just my opinion offcourse......

it's just funny that he obviously has no clue in terms of what he's talking about.

all I am reading is mindless blabber....

again, have these nascar guys or these hip hop stars driven the 100+ cars in the game? Oh and please do me a favor and supply me with these so called statements that these "stars" said...

cause I can supply you with dozens upon dozens of quotes stating just how realistic and just how good this game is.

-borka105

No Fear 23
01-01-2004, 01:13 AM

you need to stop relating ur sources from mtv cribs and their stupid gaming magazine. just bc jeff gordon has all those cars dosent means that he takes them out to chicago and drives them around PGR2 style. im sorry, nascar racing games is not a masterpeice and hell, theres no realisim in the games. i think you couldnt back up ur argument bc you never played PGR2. :rofl: :rolleyes:

Cryogenic Pyro
01-01-2004, 02:29 AM
I don't care if you put me on your ignore list, go ahead, the rest of the people on this forum can reap the benefits of reading my posts.

Did I say all Nascar drivers suck? No. I actually thought Earnhardt was amazing, even though I rarely did watch Nascar, and never the whole thing.

The good ones probably know what they are talking about, then again, I doubt they do. Even if they are larger than life, I doubt they have all the 100+ cars in the game, and have driven each and every one of them at top speed.

I also never said anything about rappers not being able to rap, or the other half of the Nascar racers not being able to drive.

If you can't handle my opinion, I'm glad I'm on your ignore list, because I don't need you replying to me. You should probably ignore everyone else too, if you haven't ignored me yet and are reading this, because they all have opinions just like me.

Oh, and No Fear 23 I agree with your post. I haven't played one Nascar game that had any realism in it other than the cars getting smashed up. Hell, the only reason I ever played one was to smash the car up. I tried playing the game, but it was boring. All I had to do was brake, then turn, brake, then turn, and so on and so forth, and I'd win every time.

MikeMan91389
01-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Well, after reading borkas shizz.... Im deffinitly buying PGR2 tommorow... good work budd....

o yeah.. dont call a guy who works on an xbox fansite an xbox fanboy, because, what does that make u? a ps2 fanboy on an xbox site... ur always fighting for ps2... just like gamespot. heh. i made a funny.

ALSO

i ps2 fan, but played some halo at friends houses. after researching the xbox, and comparing it to my ps2 (which was semi-broken for no reason.... i had it for like 7 months, didnt expose it to dust, never left the room, and used the stand. All of a sudden it didnt read some games, some of the time. I wanted to keep ps2, because i liked it, but went to family video, rented the xbox, and a few games. I wasnt to sure what to do, but sold my ps2 to a friend for 450 bux with like 20 games. I bought xbox and games, halo splintercell etc... the leaders at the time... looking back, i gotta say xbox totally wins, ps2 online is inferior, graphics are inferior... only thing that ever wins is gameplay... and thats about 1/2 the time......

i know i made the right choice, and think that ps2 is waayyyy overrated

ferrari
01-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Yo i have played PGR, in fact i got it. And... its boring when you buy it, but when you are good, have skills and have confidence... that game is the best (after midnight club 2 and need for speed hp2, which i own)

just to tell you somethin... if you are good in racing games, DON'T BUY NFS HP2. Because you are going to get bored, I GOT BORED AND I BOUGHT IT OCTOBER 19 AND I HAVE ALREDY FINISHED LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO... my point is that you maybe think that PGR2 is boring but, Go win some kudos and cars and then tell me if you like the Ferrari enzo or Pagani zonda (For the ones who don't know what a Pagani zonda is, its a *******ed good, style, beautiful, fast and cool carl. by the way its Italian and i am sure that if like tha Ferrari's, lamborghini's, Bugatti's , you'll like this) :cheers:

Unreal
01-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
I have all three of the major systems but the box gets most of my attention. Does that make me a fanboy? :huh:
Thats what I ask and I am the same way. But no one ever answers me :cry: :p

MikeMan91389
01-02-2004, 02:10 AM
arent all the guys on this site xbox fan"boys"

excuse me if im wrong in a technical way, example. owned is not the same as pwned..

well that didnt make sense... mayybe this wiill

XBOX FAN SITE = XBOX FANS
MALES ON SITE = XBOX FANS THAT ARE MALE
MALES UNDER LIKE 18ish = XBOX FAN "BOYS"

alot of ppl here are fan boys.... and some are fan guys, and ur lucky if u meet a fan girl/lady

:)
bwahahha i crack myself up..... *hides in corner* :-\

mattgame
01-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm a gaming fanboy. I am also a children fanboy, my girl fanboy, my job fanboy, and this site fanboy. Am I using the term correctly? :huh: