PDA

View Full Version : How do i disassemble x box?

wrongway
12-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Any body know how to open up the x-box so i can blow the dust and cat hair out of it. Many thanks.
Merry Christmas.

mitch2025
12-25-2003, 03:42 PM
just unscrew the screws from the bottom of the case. 4 of them are under the rubber feet and 2 are under the stickers

Yankeez
12-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by mitch2025
just unscrew the screws from the bottom of the case. 4 of them are under the rubber feet and 2 are under the stickers

yep thats how but dont forget that voids any warrantys, i opened mine cuz i didnt really care but just in case u didnt know

:cheers:

wbio
12-25-2003, 08:57 PM
And don't you need a special type of screwdriver for it?

The Jackal
12-25-2003, 10:41 PM
take it and smash it against a wall... all the pieces will magically come apart so you dont have to do it... works everytime :cheers:

Brimstone D.
12-25-2003, 11:02 PM
1. Use only a non-magnetic type screwdriver

2. Clean the area you will be using to open up your XBOX.

3. Touch something metallic before touching any internal parts inside your XBOX.

4. I absolutely recommend using a compressed air can, you can buy them at your local computer store (Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy, etc.). This should be mandatory for all XBOX and any electronic entertainment device...Use an compressed air can to clean the internal parts of your XBOX, but make sure you don't get any of the moister from the can, on anything with a microchip on it.

5. I know these things, because I use to go to a computer class that taught you these things, or else you would mess up your PC, maybe even frying the thing. So since an XBOX is basically a high-end entertainment system, the same steps should be applied here as well.

Chumley
12-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by wbio
And don't you need a special type of screwdriver for it?

i believe its one of those crazy things called a phillips head...

I couldn't tell u where to get one though...

Professor Kaos
12-26-2003, 02:04 PM
The screw drivers are called tourques(sp?) drivers, they have a star like shaped end.

Reclaimer
12-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Playya
The screw drivers are called tourques(sp?) drivers, they have a star like shaped end.

Torx.
Just keep in mind, whatever warranty you have will be null and void. So there's no turning back. No store warranty, nothing.