PDA

View Full Version : Qucik take on 3 Xmas presents:Deus Ex, Metal Arms & Armed and Dangerous...

yall
12-25-2003, 03:51 PM
I have only played these three games briefly (about 2 hours each on average) but I can tell you this, these are threee awsome games!

Armed and Dangerous: What Brute Force should have been. The weapons, combat, and controls are all very well done. Graphics and sound are good. Very humorous so far.

Metal Arms: I have been waiting for this since the demo, and I was not let down. Fast-paced combo of a third person shooter with some platform style action. Super graphics, controls and sound. Another winner.

Deus Ex: I have spent less time with this title compared with the others, but from what I have seen, this looks like it will be just as good as the first Deus Ex was. Like I said I haven;t spent that much time with this title, but the Xbox version actually seems to look and control much better than the demo I played for the PC version.

My only dilema now is, which one to play!

Happy Holidays everyone!

kenji
12-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Nice. I got the GTA Double pack, so I've been playing that. You got 3 awsome games that I was thinking about. Congrats on that.

Happy Holidays!:cheers:

thrAsher
12-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Metal Arms rocks, man. Great, great game. And Deus Ex is a fun ride, and I'm liking it even more after a second play through. There are honestly more than quite a few ways of going about that game. At least it seems, so far.

Armed and Dangerous looks to be a blast, too. Haven't picked that one up yet.

Have fun w/ the games, man. You're in for some big decisions every time you turn your X on in the next few weeks.

:cheers:

mattgame
12-25-2003, 08:04 PM
I played all 3 in my store. You have been blessed. I was especially surprised with A and D. I will get this next.:D

BunnyRabbit
12-25-2003, 08:25 PM
Personally Id had only gotten Deus Ex. But I never tried A and D and had no liking at all for Metal Arms. My 3 Christmas games were Amped 2, Max Payne2, and Rainbow Six 3.. All awesome. Ill play them all to death over the next week and a half.

Dirty DeStrO
12-29-2003, 09:04 AM
Armed & Dangerous is sweet .. Ipicked this up the day after XMAS and have put in about 15 hours so far ... the graphics looks nice and the game plays really well. The only thing I wish was that you had more control over the rest of your party. As far as weapons and healing them ... those kind of things. Half the time I forget they are there.
This game is alot of fun .... so far, so good on the levels ... a couple were kind of easy.
Also ... the game is pretty fun ... some of the things they do and so are hilarious ... very entertaining game.

Trento52
12-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Metal arms is a fun game and has funny parts too
GTA dp are ok games
buffy is an awsome game to but alittle repetetive
prince of persai is a really good game too

I treid armed and dangerous an di liked the demo but really sucked and died all the time, i was expecting ti to blow but it didn't. I want to try deus ex.

l Maximus l
12-29-2003, 05:58 PM
I would first play through Armed and Dangerous...From everyone I have heard from, not only from here, but, from lots of different people, that game is sweet.

I hear ya, though, man...I am in a similar dilemna, too. I even own Counter-Strike and I haven't even played it yet...in fact, it hasn't even been inside my XBox yet! :D I'll get around to it...

LiquidX
12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
I got Metal Arms for Xmas too. All I can say is it's the next best thing to Halo.

As for Deus Ex, the game never interested me and the OXM demo didn't make me like it one bit. The demo for A&D was ok but I still am not too interested in the game. I did hear the full game is much better than the demo levels from quite a few people...

AmpedRider
12-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Give Deus Ex about 1-3 hours...it will pull you in. It did for me anyways

ColdStone
12-30-2003, 12:56 AM
I never played the first Deus Ex. But Invisable war is awsome! I havent noticed any frame rate problems. The only thing that makes me sake my head are the poker faces on every one you talk to! But, man what a deep story, and like KOTOR you could play it agian and it would not be the same!

As for Metal arms, and A and D, haven't played them.

I got RS3, fantstic games, except when your guys glitch and are standing and running on boxes and barrels. PGR2, one of the best racing games I have ever played on Xbox.