PDA

View Full Version : About next season IF Xbox gets EA online support...

TegSkywalker
12-25-2003, 05:53 PM
I am currently not an Xbox Live subscriber, but think online play is the wave of the future for the current consoles and ones to come. In the last year or so, EA Sports has made online play exclusive to the PS2 leaving Xbox owners in the dust. This has sucked for many, but rumors have been flying around about Microsoft possibly wooing EA in some way to allow the EA games to play online on the Xbox console.

What would really be nice is if you do not need Xbox Live to play the EA games. Basically take an ethernet plug, plug it in via the back, load up your EA game, go online, and voila! there you go logged into the EA network.

The PS2 makes it that easy (just plug into your ethernet with your settings) and even the Xbox has ethernet settings in the dashboard so it would be a very handy addition.

What do y'all thing?

ScottTheKilla
12-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TegSkywalker
I am currently not an Xbox Live subscriber, but think online play is the wave of the future for the current consoles and ones to come. In the last year or so, EA Sports has made online play exclusive to the PS2 leaving Xbox owners in the dust. This has sucked for many, but rumors have been flying around about Microsoft possibly wooing EA in some way to allow the EA games to play online on the Xbox console.

What would really be nice is if you do not need Xbox Live to play the EA games. Basically take an ethernet plug, plug it in via the back, load up your EA game, go online, and voila! there you go logged into the EA network.

The PS2 makes it that easy (just plug into your ethernet with your settings) and even the Xbox has ethernet settings in the dashboard so it would be a very handy addition.

What do y'all thing?

If EA and microsoft come to an agreement then it will definately not be that. Theres no way microsoft is gonna allow another entire online network on their system because it will take away from theirs. Besides Id rather just have microsoft live. Ya I pay for it but after its setup I can just pop a game in and im playing online within seconds and they do a good job...

Chumley
12-25-2003, 11:46 PM
If EA is going to go online w/ MS... then it will be through XBL... I guarantee that is the only way...

Billy G will have it no other way...

SmileBit
12-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Am I the only one who isnt interested in getting EA online? So far ALL their online products have been underwhelming. They have good games but when it comes to online they are um...no good.

Chumley
12-26-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Am I the only one who isnt interested in getting EA online? So far ALL their online products have been underwhelming. They have good games but when it comes to online they are um...no good.

100 % agreed...

speedbuggy76
12-26-2003, 09:29 PM

What the hell do you care SmileBit, the GameCube has, what, 2 online games? Nintendo puts em out then puts nothing behind em by having a crappy online service, forcing people to create tunnel software for games that were designed to be played online!

xbox genius
12-26-2003, 09:59 PM

wow i thought i was the only one who believes this... cool.

i agree i do like EA games... but i dont like their online games so far... actually i dont much EA games at all when i think about it... only game i really like is.... Freedom fighters... and maybe some older titles...

X-Fan
12-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by speedbuggy76

What the hell do you care SmileBit, the GameCube has, what, 2 online games? Nintendo puts em out then puts nothing behind em by having a crappy online service, forcing people to create tunnel software for games that were designed to be played online!
dude calm down he never mentioned nintendo in his post.i eman for the first time he has said something sensible and u r now ruining it for all of us and yes smilebit i seriously do agree that we are better off without ea.

SmileBit
12-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by speedbuggy76

Just because im not stuck with an XBox doesnt mean you can go off sounding like an ass.

l Maximus l
12-26-2003, 11:34 PM
I think EA has finally come to their senses that XBox Live could be a huge money making service for them. Not in the sale of playing their games on-line, however, actually selling more games developed or published by EA.

The biggest reason why EA doesn't want their games on XBox Live is due to the fact that the current set-up for XBox Live is that gamers can play ANY XBox Live compatible game. Take NFL Fever 2003...you can still play this game on-line, however, you can also play NFL Fever 2004.

Let's pretend that Madden 2003 was on XBox Live. Now that Madden 2004 is out, EA wants to have the control to be able to take Madden 2003 off-line...PERMANENTLY...so people have to run out and purchase Madden 2004 to continue their on-line gaming joy.

This is what MS doesn't want. MS wants to allow every XBL compatible game to have the ability to play...even if the year is 2008, MS wants to allow Madden 2003 to continue to work on XBL...however, EA doesn't. That's the big gripe that they can't come to an agreement over. There are other little things, however, that's the big daddy.

Personally, I see MS in the right on this one...if EA can't come to terms with that, they can eat the corn out of my shizzle :cuss:

Slowride
12-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Personally, I see MS in the right on this one...if EA can't come to terms with that, they can eat the corn out of my shizzle :cuss:

Thats disgusting. Even if EA was convicted of gangbanging the cub scouts they would not deserve to eat the corn from your shizzle

l Maximus l
12-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ChampTTU

Thats disgusting.

I know, isn't it great? :D

Even if EA was convicted of gangbanging the cub scouts they would not deserve to eat the corn from your shizzle

If EA was convicted of gangbanging the cub scouts, I'd make sure they ate the corn out of my shizzle, but, I would be far way from my shizzle...fo sheezy.

Shizzle my nizzle.