PDA

View Full Version : GTA III help...

Wolfboy_888
12-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Im on one of the final missions in portland...its called Drop Da Bomb 2.... Your buddy 8-Ball acts like an idiot and goes into the line of fire of you and about 20 guys with Colt Commandos and you have to sniper them as he is laying bombs...ive tried about 20 times and just blown....i can get the 2 guys at the bottom of the steps and a guy on the boat then 8ball gets creamed... any suggestions on where i should go to fire the rifle and who i should go after? also is there any way to retry missions w/o having to drive from the hospital all the way to the start of a mission again cause thats whats burning all my time..driving to a mission that lasts 2 seconds..

Zion
12-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Yes, very frustrating mission. Here's what I did:

1) Picked out my sniper position on the steps just opposite the ship. That way everyone on the ship is on the same level and you don't have to aim up and down, just across.

2) The 2 guys at the bottom..I shot one with the rocket laucher and that toasted them both which gave 8 a head start kinda. Then switched to the sniper rifle and picked the others off. Takes some sniper skill to get them all with one shot but that's the simple way to do it.

Wolfboy_888
12-26-2003, 11:59 AM
yea thanks zion...once i realized i could go on the steps it was really easy... i did it on my 2nd try..with my halo like sniper shot and what not.

Se7en
12-26-2003, 05:50 PM
But I always used to get all the way up the steps and just fire from the roof. Being that 8 doesn't move until you fire the first shot, you can line up your first two or three kills pretty easy.

Like I say, I know I'm a day late and a buck short on this one- But anyone who has problems in the future with this one now has some options, eh?

Hard Boiled Cop
12-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Yeah thats meant to be an easy mission actually but it did took me a tough time finding those stairs.