PDA

View Full Version : Got my X-Box For Christmas w/ 27IN TV

oldi1knoby
12-26-2003, 08:22 AM
I just got my X-box and I got Madden nfl 2k4, Simpsons hit+Run, and Morrowind. I am planning on getting Splinter Cell Tomorrow, but I don't know what other games are good for X-Box. I know a lot are coming out next year that I am looking forward to, but are there any good ones I should grab that are already out there?(Don't say R6:3.. I played that on PC, and still do some times. It's the same game right?)

bobby9989
12-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Maybe you would want Halo since you just got your Xbox. But what kind of games do you like?

oldi1knoby
12-26-2003, 08:31 AM
I like action games. I like 2 player games, so my sister can play with me. I like online games... those are always fun. I have been turned off by RPGs lately. I really haven't had a console since my PS1. I have been PC gaming for the last 3-5 years exclusively, so I don't really know what I would like on the console. Everything on the PC that I played was pretty much FPS with a few flight sims and a rare RPG.

Casper
12-26-2003, 09:51 AM
If you have broadband, I'd say get XboxLive and then RS3 with it - the voice communication is the best on LIve. CounterStrike is great too, but I'm hooked on Links and Top Spin lately on XBL.

Grand Theft Auto Double Pack is 2 great games for 50 bucks also - hours and hours of replayability.

BunnyRabbit
12-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
If you have broadband, I'd say get XboxLive and then RS3 with it - the voice communication is the best on LIve. CounterStrike is great too, but I'm hooked on Links and Top Spin lately on XBL.

Grand Theft Auto Double Pack is 2 great games for 50 bucks also - hours and hours of replayability.

HAHAH Ive played GTA: DP ALOT and I havent beaten not a mission. I just go around the city messing with things and getting the cops super mad at me. I found a rampage in the mall that gives me a bazooka. So I plan on making cops so mad a helicopter comes. SO then Ill get the rampage and shoot the copter down... Thatd be awesome. Ill try it later.

Anyway, on topic here. Max Payne 2.. I recommend. Amped2 I recommend. POP, Deus Ex...hmm.. They are all good.
PoP is action/adventure
Deus Ex is a FPS/RPG I believe:watchout:

skorp
12-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by oldi1knoby
I just got my X-box and I got Madden nfl 2k4, Simpsons hit+Run, and Morrowind. I am planning on getting Splinter Cell Tomorrow, but I don't know what other games are good for X-Box. I know a lot are coming out next year that I am looking forward to, but are there any good ones I should grab that are already out there?(Don't say R6:3.. I played that on PC, and still do some times. It's the same game right?)

Congrats on your new console and welcome to XBA!
I was a full time PC gamer before I went back to consoles... My last system was also the PS.

One thing you might want to also look up are the Platinum Hits library for $20.

Enjoy!:cheers:

oldi1knoby
12-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Do you know where I can find a list of the platinum hits?

Seawolf X
12-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Do you know where I can find a list of the platinum hits?

007: Agent Under Fire
007: Nightfire
Amped Freeystle Snowboarding
Blood Wake
Blinx: The Timesweeper
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Conflict Desert Storm
Dead or Alive 3
Dead to Rights
Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin
Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring
Max Payne
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Pac-Man World 2
Project Gotham Racing
Rallisport Challenge
Shenmue II
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Simpsons Road Rage
Spiderman
Spy Hunter
SSX Tricky
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Star Wars: Starfighter
Test Drive
Test Drive Offroad: Wide Open
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Unreal Championship
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
WWF Raw

from cheapassgamers.com

oldi1knoby
12-27-2003, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the list. Good collection to choose from. Any suggestions for a good car game? Not racing, but kinda like Driver... maybe something that has good crashes and damage models...

peejay
12-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
HAHAH Ive played GTA: DP ALOT and I havent beaten not a mission. I just go around the city messing with things and getting the cops super mad at me. I found a rampage in the mall that gives me a bazooka. So I plan on making cops so mad a helicopter comes. SO then Ill get the rampage and shoot the copter down... Thatd be awesome. Ill try it later.

Exactly why I wanted the GTA: DP. I haven't done that yet though, I just did a couple missions on GTA III. I've been hooked to ESPN NBA for a while and I've revived my Wolfenstein. ;)

Any suggestions for a good car game? Not racing, but kinda like Driver... maybe something that has good crashes and damage models...

I know Burnout and Burnout 2 are fun. I would recommend Burnout 2 because of course it's newer and it has xboxlive features (not multiplayer though).