PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Vice City question!

SgtSavage
12-26-2003, 07:49 PM
How do you tell what % you have done of the game? I cant find it

JJaX
12-26-2003, 08:00 PM
I havent poped in my VC yet, but in GTA3 you just press start, and you can scroll through different options. Theres like a stat page.

TuffEagle88
12-26-2003, 08:16 PM
yea, u go under start and scroll to the right until you get to the stats page and scroll to the very top of the list and there it should tell you what percentage you have completed.

Slowride
12-26-2003, 11:32 PM
i'm just on gta3 as well. I'm stumped on the part where you get the guy over to the third island (forgot the name) when the fbi is guarding the bridge. I tried taking the tunnel but it takes to long. Do you have to fly across? and how do you fly ???? I can only get the plane to stay in the air for 10 seconds max!!

JJaX
12-27-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by ChampTTU
i'm just on gta3 as well. I'm stumped on the part where you get the guy over to the third island (forgot the name) when the fbi is guarding the bridge. I tried taking the tunnel but it takes to long. Do you have to fly across? and how do you fly ???? I can only get the plane to stay in the air for 10 seconds max!!

Get a police car, than start the mission.

Go right out of the park to get to the tunnel. Throw on your lights and you can make it.

Slowride
12-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Get a police car, than start the mission.

Go right out of the park to get to the tunnel. Throw on your lights and you can make it.

cool thanks

Hard Boiled Cop
12-27-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm playing VC and my brother is playing GTA3. Once we're completed it then we swap and help each other out if we're stuck on anything. My brother is already stuck and he got fed up with it. He's at the part where you have to nick a car from each gang but everytime he nicks one from the Mafia, they start gunning him. Is there any other way?

JJaX
12-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
I'm playing VC and my brother is playing GTA3. Once we're completed it then we swap and help each other out if we're stuck on anything. My brother is already stuck and he got fed up with it. He's at the part where you have to nick a car from each gang but everytime he nicks one from the Mafia, they start gunning him. Is there any other way?

Hmmmm, the only place to really get a mafia sentinal is in that area of portland. Its the guys with the shotguns that will get you. Just make your visit short and brief.

I grab one of the mafia sentinal thats parked at the mansion, That gives you a clean steal, without having to worry about guys swarming your car and people shooting you. Than just simply drive out of the mobs turf.

TuffEagle88
12-27-2003, 03:48 PM
on VC I'm stuck on the mission where you have to drive love fist around in the limo, but its got a bomb on it so if you slow down it will explode. I put in the cars float cheat and went into the ocean and all was well until suddenly the bar filled up and it exploded.

on 3 I'm at where 8ball is gonna blow up the triad's ship and you have to cover him with the sniper rifle and the racing mission for El Burro, man that racing mission is hard, I tried to use the rhino and figured I'd just blow them up as soon as it started, but they exploded as soon as I pulled up next to them, before the race even began. Oh well, I'll just have to keep practicing, but any help on the VC mission I was talking about would be appreciated.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
on VC I'm stuck on the mission where you have to drive love fist around in the limo, but its got a bomb on it so if you slow down it will explode. I put in the cars float cheat and went into the ocean and all was well until suddenly the bar filled up and it exploded.

I'm just playing VC at the mo and I done the bit you was on. I didn't use any cheats for this. Basically I drove the other way round (behind me), go over the bridge and drove on a straight line. You could also hold down the L trigger and R trigger at the same time but after a while it will slow down. Its very funny listening to them talk inside.

And thanx for the tip Jjax, it helped a bit for my brother but he found his own way. Cheers anyway.

Casper
12-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop

I'm just playing VC at the mo and I done the bit you was on. I didn't use any cheats for this. Basically I drove the other way round (behind me), go over the bridge and drove on a straight line. You could also hold down the L trigger and R trigger at the same time but after a while it will slow down. Its very funny listening to them talk inside.

And thanx for the tip Jjax, it helped a bit for my brother but he found his own way. Cheers anyway.

I brought the limo back to Diaz's mansions area and went around that block a few times so I didn't lose speed or ground for where I had to go....it worked like a charm.

Duke
12-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88

Took the left down by where the sigining is, and headed for the street by the ocean. Turned right, cut through behind the biker bar, and just took that street down towards the docks.

Once you're there, all you really have to do is not hit any cars.

AlBoogy
12-28-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Took the left down by where the sigining is, and headed for the street by the ocean. Turned right, cut through behind the biker bar, and just took that street down towards the docks.

Once you're there, all you really have to do is not hit any cars.

How far into the game is that? Im where you have to kill the haitians at some funeral. This game is getting pretty hard. The difficulty level went from easy to real hard fast. BTW, what up duke?!

Duke
12-28-2003, 11:36 AM
What up Boogy. Not too far, it's not a main story mission.

Once you've killed Diaz, you'll get a call from Paul Kent saying he's got work for you. Meet up w/ him to start the love fist missions.

TuffEagle88
12-28-2003, 04:47 PM
yea, I kinda figured out that you have to just keep driving around until those bunch of drunk, bisexual Scotts disarm the bomb. I need to plan out a route without stoplights and just drive in a big circle. thanks for the suggestions.