PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: 4?

Brimstone D.
12-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Will it be a PS2 exclusive? Man, I would love to play the next game on XBOX, how about you all? I just want to know if any of you have heard about this title coming to XBOX...thanks.

mdooz
12-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Rockstar or take Two Interactive(whatever their name is) has allready said there will be one more GTA game that will be like GTA:VC and not a whole new GTA game to debut on the PS2 so it'll most likely come out later on Xbox like GTA3 and GTA:VC or maybe not at all because they want to start making the next GTA game for PS3/Xbox 2. The reason I don't think it'll come out for xbox is because if it takes as long as GTA3/GTA:VC took to come on to Xbox, Xbox 2 will probably be out.

X-Fan
12-26-2003, 09:56 PM
i would'nt bet on it but would'nt rule it out either.and yeah thnx for this sig!!!!

xbox genius
12-26-2003, 10:02 PM
yeah i think it will be on xbox 2, i dont think it will be on xbox altho if they rush it maybe we get it a few months maybe half a yr before xbox 2 launches.....

i dont really like GTA no more... i liked the whole freedom and all, but GTA 3 was plain boring after like 5 days.... i havnt opened vice city yet... so i hope VC is much better. why cant they include multiplayer?? (i love games that have multiplayer enabled)

l Maximus l
12-26-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius
why cant they include multiplayer?? (i love games that have multiplayer enabled)

I agree...get an entire city full of criminals...that'd be sweet :D

Hard Boiled Cop
12-27-2003, 11:25 AM
VC is better cos you can buy buildings and ride Bikes. Its not gritty or plain. It's mainly sunny with just a little bit of rain. The rain effects are better in VC than in GTA 3. The contract with Sony is gone so its for all the consoles. I'm actually hoping that they will make more GTA like games. Rockstar can do it properly. I hope it comes out for the xbox. And I hope they make another one that will come out for the xbox 2.

TheWaxTadpole
12-27-2003, 11:29 AM
I haven't looked into it at all.. But I would imagine Sony grabbed it a while ago.. So it will come out on PS2 first.. Then move to XBox like GTAIII and Vice City did.. Dunno though.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-27-2003, 11:44 AM
But the contract is gone. They no longer can make it a PS2 exclusive. All the consoles will BE ABLE to have it. If they do release it first on PS2 then the xbox version will be better and it won't take that long to come out.

JJaX
12-27-2003, 04:15 PM
I heard eminem and 50 cent might be in the new GTA as well.

Flood
12-27-2003, 04:57 PM
i forget where i read it....but rockstar confirmed GTA4 to be released in 2004 and will be released on PS2 only for the time being....not sure on the length of the exclusivity....hopefully its only a few months

CC-CRC
12-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by mdooz
Rockstar or take Two Interactive(whatever their name is) has allready said there will be one more GTA game that will be like GTA:VC and not a whole new GTA game to debut on the PS2 so it'll most likely come out later on Xbox like GTA3 and GTA:VC or maybe not at all because they want to start making the next GTA game for PS3/Xbox 2. The reason I don't think it'll come out for xbox is because if it takes as long as GTA3/GTA:VC took to come on to Xbox, Xbox 2 will probably be out.

The reason it took so ong to get out on Xbox is a legal battle they had. PS2 had rights to the whole GTA franchise and they were not about to just let them release one if not the best game for PS2 out to there compettor. So there was a whole legal thing and when the contract to the rights came out Poof we got GTA double pack. As i know of i dnt think eather Xbox or PS2 now has rights to the next GTA but i could be wrong. Ill have to look into it.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
i forget where i read it....but rockstar confirmed GTA4 to be released in 2004 and will be released on PS2 only for the time being....not sure on the length of the exclusivity....hopefully its only a few months

If thats true then it won't be coming out for the next gen console. Its for the PS2 and the Xbox. The length of this exclusivity might not be long cos the contract is gone. They might improve it for the xbox version.