PDA

View Full Version : 2003 XBA Video Game Awards: Announcement

Liquid Gears
12-26-2003, 12:08 AM
First of all, I’d like to say Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to everyone at Xbox Addict. I hope everyone got all the gifts they where hoping to get this holiday break.

Anyway here we are, it's the almost the end of 2003. The end of the year means we're going to spend an enormous amount of time going back through hundreds of games released for the Xbox and decide which titles were the best. That’s right, XBA has been kind enough to let me bring you all the first annual 2003 XBA Video Game Awards. All Xbox Addict members will eventually have the chance for doing the picks for the Best of 2003 for Xbox, but we're going to give you the chance to voice your own opinion as well. All this week the currently decided categories for the XBA 2003 Video Game Awards will be posted up. Next everyone at XBA we will be given the chance to decide on 5 more good categories that will be entered into the XBA 2003 Video Game Awards.

All you guys have to do is choose 3 categories per person, put some thought into it don’t just think of any random category. Then on January 1st, all the categories that have been requested will all be placed into a poll where everyone will be given the chance to vote on the Top 5 Categories to be entered into the 2003 XBA VGA’s. (There will be some cuts for Monday’s Poll if the poll can not hold every one; we’ll try to fit in as much as possible).

I’d also like to send good luck out to Casper-XBA & Reclaimer-XBA on hosting and organizing the second annual 2003 XBA Member Awards which shall be coming to Xbox Addict.

So with that out of the way, here are all of the current voting categories for this years 2003 XBA Video Game Awards:

Sports Game of the Year
Action-Adventure Game of the Year
First Person Shooter Game of the Year
Fighting Game of the Year
RPG Game of the Year
Driving Game of the Year
Multiplayer Game of the Year

Animated Cinematics of 2003
Storyline of 2003
Graphics of 2003
Sound of 2003
Music of 2003

Best Game No One Played
Best Xbox Live Downloadable Content
Best Xbox Hardware
Best Game Based on a Movie
Best Character Design

Most Anticipated Game
Most Addicted Game
Xbox Live Game of 2003
XbConnect Game of 2003

Best Overall Xbox Game of the Year
Worst Overall Xbox Game of the Year
I wish you good luck everyone, I hope you all have some good suggestions! :cheers:

Flood
12-26-2003, 03:08 AM
its going to be nice to see what you guys come up with, as we the staff are working on an official video game awards in addition to the member awards...more on that will be announced soon so keep your eyes peeled (with a potato peeler)

BunnyRabbit
12-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Oh ok...Sorry.. But what we are doing here.. Are we coming up with things that we believe should go into the categories.. to later be voted on? Or.... What? Sorry I guess its too early for me to understand. :p

AlphaCigara
12-26-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm guessin we choose 3 out of the 23 categories he presented, so i (1st to vote WOOOO) choose Music of 03, FPS of 03, and XBL GOTY (dang that was hard)

lllSmokelll
12-26-2003, 02:12 PM
- Most Improved Game (or Francise wutever:eek: )
- Best Game Developer of 2003
- Most Improved Developer of 2003

The Jackal
12-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by MM3_XBOX
I'm guessin we choose 3 out of the 23 categories he presented, so i (1st to vote WOOOO) choose Music of 03, FPS of 03, and XBL GOTY (dang that was hard)

read what youre suppose to do more closely

Liquid Gears
12-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Do exactly what lllSmokelll did guys, just come up with 3 of your own made up categories.

Whisper
12-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Sexiest Female Game Character of The Year
Most Bad A$$ Game Character of The Year
Best Cutscene / FMV Sequence of The Year

there is 3 different ones that I think are cool

Prior
12-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Sexiest female in a game of the year
Best ending in a game of the year
Most bad@$$ game caracther of the year

thats all i have now in my head for now

Sexaya
12-27-2003, 11:52 AM
-Most Controversial Game
-Best Colorful/Kiddie Game
-Wierdest Game

kenji
12-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Awsome!!

I like all of the catagories so far, so I'll just add what wwfraven2k3 said, Most Badass Character sounds cool.

Good Luck!:cheers:

Doom3_
12-27-2003, 08:52 PM
First of all what about happy kwanzaa?

-Biggest surprise

-Biggest disapointment

-Least anticipated

Cottrau
12-30-2003, 11:11 AM
most addicting, i'd like to nominate Tetris Worlds :)

Starwizard
12-31-2003, 04:28 PM
Best weapon in a game
Bloodiest Game
Worst Ending in a game
Best ending in a Game
(Sorry had to add four categorys)!

Liquid Gears
01-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Thank-you everyone who participated in this thread. There are a lot of great ideas you guys have come up with for categories, but from here on in this thread shall be closed and all the requested categories will be taken in.

(The voting for the top 5 categories will soon begin later tonight)