PDA

View Full Version : Underground or gotham 2?

truesonicblue
12-27-2003, 01:37 AM
which is a better buy do you think, I haven't played any project gotham games, and am a big fan of Need for speed.

RagunCajun
12-27-2003, 03:43 PM
My opinion is only from the PS2 NFSU version. So take it for what it's worth.

that game gets slightly repetitive. It did keep me interested though thoughout all 113 underground missions. Graphics own, driving is good. The cars physics arent too great. the XBOX version does not support online playing.

In closing, NFSU is a great game but please look into PGR2. I think ya best bet would be to rent both or atleast just PGR2. From what i seen it is a good game too. Playing my NFSU online is the only thing i do now anyways.

MrObSeSsEd
12-28-2003, 02:34 AM
NFSU is awesome!!! but iv never played PGR2 so yeah....

captain_dl
12-31-2003, 09:32 PM
If you want to play the same city over and over, play NFSU. Even offline, PGR2 has Chicago, Washington DC, Stockholm, Moscow, Florence and others. If you have Xbox live, Racing online with PGR2 is awesome!!! Look for me online as Captain_DL.

truesonicblue
01-03-2004, 09:55 PM
and at the moment I don't have xbox live so that's no esential.

ferrari
01-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Take R:Racing Revolution, GTA DP, Midnight club 2, i don't know . But first you have 2 make sure you like them

Conchord
01-23-2004, 01:23 PM
If you don't have xbox Live!, then you should probably rent both games before you spend 50 dollars on ANYTHING. It all depends on your personal tastes...Need for Speed: Underground displays a fictional urban night setting, with hot imports (everyday cars transformed into street racers) tricked out to your liking, but with no online play (EA, remember?). You can't use custom soundtracks either, but there is a good mix of relatively new rap, techno, and rock songs. The graphics are good, but most of the time you can't rell because things tend to blur at 150 miles per hour ;). About Project Gotham 2, I am stating this upon the fact that I have played the first game, and that the sequel really hasn't deviated from the franchise's pattern yet-race through semi-urban locations, with real-world exotic supercars, such as Ferraris, Lamborghinis. Porsche, etc...graphics have always been the best here, plus there is online play, but if you don't have Live!, then the choice is yours.

^APEX^5StarDiva
01-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Most definately PGR2. Awesome cars, awesome maps, and Live chat.:D

timbo7690
01-27-2004, 04:50 PM
nother vote 4 PGR2

ALC
02-07-2004, 05:49 PM
As somebody who owns both:

PGR2, a thousand times. I'ts simply a way better game in my opinion.

If you've played the previous games (PGR, or any other nfs game), they're alot like their predecessors, so if you didn't dig the original, then..

ferrari
02-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Project gotham Racing 2-------

Real good game, Realistic, Cars are amazing, Tracks are much much better than the first

(Nice) Cars:Ferrari enzo, Porsche etc (All of that type)
Traxx:Venise, Italy(Youhouhouyou), London, Stockholm (If you have chance you will probably find some dynamytes)

NFSU----------

Cars are nice, But its a second copy of Midnight club 2 ...Seriously, I have NFSHP2 and The controls are Really bad....I just have to touch the joystick and the car does a 360 (exaggerating, But you know what i mean)

SiGuy
02-08-2004, 11:10 AM
If your into tricking out import cars then I'd say go with NFSU simply because it's a good long game and you have pretty much unlimited customization options. The music is good, The controls are great, and the cars are even better. You get a good variety of cars to choose from and the fact that you can do whatever you want with them is even better.

As for PGR2, I rented it and thought it was OK, but didnt get the full experience since I lack XBL. Huge variety of cars to choose from but without XBL the game gets boring since you can only beat your best times so many times before it gets extremely old. The choice is yours, but I suggest you still rent both and decide on your own before you make a decision. It's all personal preferance.

m4oH
02-08-2004, 02:53 PM
PGR2!!!

truesonicblue
02-14-2004, 10:29 PM
well looks like Pgr2 is winning big time! whenever I get one of those I will probably get it, I still might rent them first though, but I'm gonna wait till it's down to at least 40 dollars, I'm poor!

lllusion
02-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Nfsu hand down man, if you dont have live.. the same cityscape but the game is to damn fun seriously..

but if you had xboxlive.. then pgr2...

Exprit
02-15-2004, 12:13 PM
I've played NfSU only on PS2 and it's a very good game ! EA succeeded in creating a proper driving-experience, very different from the feeling in Gran Turismo or any other racegame so far, and which is mostly based on speed. It is one of the fastest race-games until now. Add to this the wide variety of tuning-kits and this game will keep you hooked until you've finished it. The online-mode was somewhat dissappointing in my opninion. A lot of lag sometimes and some crazy acting cars (which are behind you one moment, only to pop up 100 meters in front of you the next second ! Maybe this has something to do with some people using cheats ?)

It's merely the aspect of speed which is missing in PGR2 ! Graphically this game is outstanding, but you don't have that race-feeling that this kind of game is supposed to give you. A lot of reviews state that in PGR2 it's all about earning Kudos. I can live with that, but then still a racegame has to give you the feeling you're really driving a car and that's what I'm missing in this game. Of course this is only a very personal opinion...;)

Hard Boiled Cop
02-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Does NFS have realistic car handling? If not then it doesn't have my vote. I voted for PGR2 because of its realism and looks.

TRINITY-6
03-08-2004, 10:49 PM
pgr2 is your best bet.

m4oH
03-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Personally I hate NFSU, i was a big fan of NFS2. I mean underground has the worst car handling EVER. I mean whats up with drift mode? you touch the control stick and your car turns 90 degress.

vrocko
03-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Actually if you can get both! PGR2 is a great game. I've got PGR and Metropolis Street Racer, MSR is for the Dreamcast and its the game PGR1 and 2 are originally modelled after, and it is the best racer for the XBOX I've seen. Fantastic graphics, good responsive controls and there's always something new to unlock. NFSU is a good game too. I got it new from EB games website for $25. Check out Slickdeals.net (http://www.slickdeals.net) for deals on games. Sometimes they have some good deals on new games and I happen to check it out when they had a deal on NFSU for XBOX. I've been playing that lately and upgrading my car for better control and more speed. They both have their own good qualities but I'm partial to PGR2. PGR2 has its difficulty level in that you want to earn kudo's, drive fast, but not tag the wall or another car. Too me that's what racing's all about drive hard, drive fast, but don't screw up! NFSU is all about upgrades and winning. The more you win, the more you earn. The more you earn, the more you can upgrade your ride. Taging the wall or the other driver doesn't matter, but oh the upgrades!. :o If money's the problem give it a couple of month's the price will drop to twenty bucks and you can probably buy both for the price of the one now! It's off subject but I just bought Indiana Jones and Morrowwind III for 21 bucks total!

Conchord
03-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
Personally I hate NFSU, i was a big fan of NFS2. I mean underground has the worst car handling EVER. I mean whats up with drift mode? you touch the control stick and your car turns 90 degress.

It's called 'drifting.' lol

m4oH
03-11-2004, 03:47 PM
No not behind someone else, I mean that gay mode, no car handles like that bud;)

Conchord
03-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
No not behind someone else, I mean that gay mode, no car handles like that bud;)

...It's called drifting...riding another car's wake is called 'drafting'...drifting is when a cars suspension has been loosened so that you can perform controlled slides. There are drift competitions year-round all over the world, just like there are drag races.

Hammertime
03-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Both games have sweet offline play, but PGR2 has a sweet XBL mode. NFS:U don't.

The Executioner
03-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Well I woould say Undergroung but I like to take popular opinion so...PGR2!

Sellout Theory
03-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I am not really a fan of either. I dont like the whole Super Sport car kinda thing, nor do I like Rice rockets. But they are fun games, I just dont play them all the time. Cus its all about the Muscle Cars anyways