PDA

View Full Version : live help

TrueBelieverUK*
12-27-2003, 07:15 AM
this has gotta be quick because i'm going out soon to get xbox live (YIPPIE!), i got rainbow six3 and i'll have the demo's it comes with so maybe see you online l8r!

i was wondering if you have had any problems with live?
i'm going for a direct connection which means i'll use a which means i'll be linking my xbox straight to my modem with 'Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connectors'. my modem is usb so i wanna know if this will work.

if not i'll conect my xbox to my pc, and sorta use it like that, i think this will work. alll my info was got from www.xbox.com/uk and the bits about live.

ok, welll see you later, i hope

TBUK

mitch2025
12-27-2003, 10:29 AM
i bought a USB enthernet converter and hooked my xbox up to that and then shared my conection so that i could get the internet to go throuhj mu convrter and it works fine

TrueBelieverUK*
12-27-2003, 11:42 AM
thats exactly what i need, i looked at the back of my pc and it don't have ethernet, so i i need a usb converter thing. well i'm one step closer, i no they exist! i hope they aint to expensive!

tbuk

mitch2025
12-27-2003, 10:07 PM
i got mine for $30

TrueBelieverUK*
12-28-2003, 04:01 AM
ye i've seen it for like £17 wich i guess is about the same. i guess i'll try ebay.

thanks for the info again, but this is getting more and more expensive!

tbuk:cuss:

xboxrawks89
12-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Dawg i pay $100 for my router and hub!!:cool:

TrueBelieverUK*
12-28-2003, 10:53 AM
outch thats alot. well i still aint got it, gonna order starter pack tomorrow or something and keep loooking for the cable. i found a convetor so if worst comes to worst i'll just buy a conveter and then a ethernet cble on its own. bloody modem/pc not able to work live!

tbuk:cry: