PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What does your "console combination" consist of? See inside



l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 03:20 PM
Okay, folks...I just learned today that VAN also owns a LameCube.......now, before you vomit and start cussing out VAN, he kindly pointed out that he has not taken it out of the wrapping material and box but will as soon as "something worth buying" comes out for the LameCube. Now, even I, one of the most anti-Nintendo and pro-XBox dudes on the planet can even respect that. But, I'm curious, what consoles do you have?

The poll consists of various combinations...This should be interesting :D

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 03:41 PM
Actually my entertainment center consist of my Xbox & my beloved Sega Dreamcast along with 38 DC games in my CD case to the right side.:D

XBOX Dude
01-03-2002, 03:43 PM
well all i have is an xbox if your talkin about next gen consoles casue gaming stuff is expensive

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Linda Troll...quite understandable, my little diaper poopin' sidekick :D But, I was referring to "next generation" consoles. I'm kind of curious since I find it a little surprising that people are buying more than one console. Quite frankly, I can possibly see why someone would want a LameCube over a PoS2 because Nintendo has many different games that the XBox will not have (e.g. Mario and the crew). Besides, if we all want to feel like little boys and girls, getting the LameCube could give us that fix :D

But, I can't *completely* bash the LameCube...I will have to say that I am pretty d a m n impressed with the new Metroid game. That looks mighty impressive so far :)

Ninja Scroll
01-03-2002, 03:46 PM
btw, i'll be getting a KiddyCube right along with Van da Ham:D
Whenever they ship a blue version. Hey, I want Resident Evil.
Im loyal no more. But I still refuse to support Sony ever!

XBOX Dude
01-03-2002, 03:48 PM
Ninja Scroll

But I still refuse to support Sony ever!

amen brother:D

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 03:49 PM
Ninja Scroll... your pathetic little 38 games can't touch my 97... thanks :D :D

TheIngenious
01-03-2002, 07:34 PM
There is only one reason i have the xbox...
...Halo!!
I find no other game that has gotten me so addicted and so bidazzled as this peice of mastery.
Also the ending rocks!

XboXGangsta
01-03-2002, 07:39 PM
11 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 Xbox Only, this is intresting :D

Frostberg
01-03-2002, 07:42 PM
LOL! Max dont hurt Ninja mans feelings...that was pretty hillarious...we are talking about NEXT GENERATION consoles NJ, not dead consoles...jeez...anyone has to find that humerous...anyway I still hold my position that the GC is only good because of the LCD screen so you can play games on the go, but I have yet to find any games worth playing on the go...Im not switching or anything...I think thats really neat but I still dont think I will ever buy a GC just because I dont see any games I wouldnt mind missing

Big Ben
01-03-2002, 09:15 PM
My entertainment system blows all y'alls out of the water:

Xbox (currently the most used)
Turbo Graphix 16
Genesis
Saturn
Sega Master System
and (DUN DUN DUN!)
my computer which is connected to the TV too...

-Big Ben

Plewis
01-03-2002, 09:33 PM
you can connect a CPU to a TV. I did not know that. I have an N64 and XBox. I will probably buy the GCN when it gets cheaper, or if I get this job that will give me alot of money for 1 weekend of work. But, I have 14 games in total of XBox and N64. I know, I know, I rule all!:rolleyes:

Shadow Fox
01-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Actually my entertainment center consist of my Xbox & my beloved Sega Dreamcast along with 38 DC games in my CD case to the right side.:D I'm with Ninja Scroll; got the DC kickin' it, Xbox, Black GCN, N64, PSX, and CD-i (yes I did say CD-i) chillin' in the entertainment center...

Which gets the most play now? GCN. Why? Imagine four drunken bas^ards playing Monkey Ball and Madden for shots of Bacardi....pretty much sums it up. Other than that; the DC definately. NBA 2k2 is a man's game.:D

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose II)

Big Ben
01-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Yeah, connecting a computer isn't hard. Either buy an ATI video card that supports or they sell things that will transorfm video data into composite for the TV.

-Big Ben

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 01:07 PM
I have owned so many d a m n game consoles...the XBox, clearly, is the most impressive. Just look at how many intelligent people there are in this poll :D

Ninja Scroll
01-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I have owned so many d a m n game consoles...the XBox, clearly, is the most impressive. Just look at how many intelligent people there are in this poll :D



um,... what's intelligent mean?:confused: .... lol!:D

VAN
01-04-2002, 03:33 PM
I have all 3.

I find it to be unforgiveably ignorant to limit yourself to one console, and thus one consoles line of exclusive games.

Would any of you make a conscious decision to stop purchasing movie tickets for any film which was not produced by a particular film studio? Of course you wouldn't, but that's exactly what you're doing when you refuse to support any gaming console other than the one that is currently the "coolest" one.

I'll be playing Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy X on my PS2.

I'll be playing Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 0 on my GCN.

And of course I'll be playing Halo and Project Ego on my beloved Xbox.

We are all extremely lucky to be playing video games at this point in the console war. There are 3 great systems out there (actually more), and I would seriously hope that all of you "Xbox or no box" type of gamers can someday get past your prejudiced ways and learn to appreciate all consoles for what they have to offer. :)

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by VAN
I have all 3.

I find it to be unforgiveably ignorant to limit yourself to one console, and thus one consoles line of exclusive games.

Would any of you make a conscious decision to stop purchasing movie tickets for any film which was not produced by a particular film studio? Of course you wouldn't, but that's exactly what you're doing when you refuse to support any gaming console other than the one that is currently the "coolest" one.

I'll be playing Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy X on my PS2.

I'll be playing Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 0 on my GCN.

And of course I'll be playing Halo and Project Ego on my beloved Xbox.

We are all extremely lucky to be playing video games at this point in the console war. There are 3 great systems out there (actually more), and I would seriously hope that all of you "Xbox or no box" type of gamers can someday get past your prejudiced ways and learn to appreciate all consoles for what they have to offer. :)

Dude, you know I can be a very reasonable guy...And I understand your reasoning here. My main qualm about the PS2 is that it makes no sense to me if a person, after November 15th, 2001, would buy that system since it is the same price and lacks many of the new technologies that are found on the XBox, which to me, is the only console that deserves the title "Next Generation Console". Not only that, but, many of the most popular games on the PS2 will simply be improved on the XBox...added levels, smoother graphics, and every other thing that can be improved. I'm just not one to buy into a system that has games that are second best.

As for the GameCube, I can agree with your reasoning especially since you mentioned Metroid...I'm not a huge RE fan...it's cool...but, the first two I couldn't stand since you couldn't get additional weapons...of course, that started with RE 3. I know you didn't buy the GameCube to play Super Monkey Ball :D

Supperdog
01-04-2002, 03:59 PM
I got an xbox, DC (blue see thru, won in contest) a genesis and an n64 :)

Chr0nik
01-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Xbox
Turbographix
Genesis
Nintendo
SNES
PS1

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 04:21 PM
xbox all the d a m n way:cool:

Big Ben
01-04-2002, 05:31 PM
Now that Next Gen consoles have arrived, shouldn't they be called "Current Gen consoles?"

-Big Ben

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
xbox all the d a m n way:cool:

I'm with you, dude...

~~XboX pRyDE!!!!!!~~ :D