PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind/Middle Earth game?

VampireGrimm
12-27-2003, 12:31 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else thought that this owuld be a good idea, and how we could attempt to get it made.
Obviously I am not the only Morrowind fan out there, and I know I'm not the only Lord of the Rings fan.
By that one sentence many of you shoudl kow where i'm heading with this one.
What if Bethesda software made a Middle Earth RPG along the same lines of Morrowind?
Imagine walking through the Mines of Moria, or walking through Gondor or Rohan. Even the Black Gates of Mordor.
Heres some basic ideas, what do you all think?
Races
Man
Elf
Hobbit
Dwarf
Orc
Of course the classes would vary grately.
Imagine taking place in the battle of helms deep, done like Morrowind if you can get there before the battle happens.
Perhaps you coudl even pick which kingdom you wanted to play for, as in you coudl be a Man from Gondor, an Elf from Rivendell, or an Orc from Mordor or Isenguard. It all depends on what you would want to personally do.
Once the game is out there coudl even be expansions or downloadable content for it, like the Northern Lands, or perhaps even the Elven Undying lands accessable to only the elves. This could be such a deep game if only it were made. Woudl anyone care to join me in trying to get it made by Bethesda software?

Lord Vivic
12-27-2003, 05:46 PM
WOW!!!!
Someone with an idea that rocks.But add a few things like maby make it online accessible.Just think about it.Your trying to complete the main quest,you could put your own fellowship together.
In morrowind if u beat the main quests the game keeps going.So if you put the ring in the firy pits of hell you can still go on with your own life of killing goblins,other players,trolls,cave trolls just to name a few.You could put hundreds of other quests in it lto keep u interested.
I mean just think about it.A mix of morrowind,Lord of the rings,Runescape(mmrpg for on the internet),and a lot of extra creativity from the makers.And the best part is it will be online.
I am alll for the idea.

Nameless
12-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Pretty cool...but keep dreaming.

Lord Vivic
12-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Ok,because it is a nice dream.

Doom3_
12-29-2003, 04:16 PM
They're making one but only for PC.

VampireGrimm
12-29-2003, 05:13 PM
I know
Middle Earth Online is comming out for the computer.
Keep in mind HALO was supposed to be on the computer 1st, and Morrowind IS on the computer also, i mean, it wouldn't have to be online either, because then once the ring is destroyed the server would be full of players who wnted to be involved with it. Perhaps only so many players could be in one game, and it could save to the HD or something, i dunno how it would work.
any ideas of who to contact about this?

Nameless
12-30-2003, 02:23 PM
I want a link for this Middle Earth PC game...

Lord Vivic
01-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Well,the destruction of the ring could be just one of 100's or 1000's of guests,and once your done with the quests you can just be one bad ass character that kicks the asss of otheer players.

themoosearmy
01-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Final Fantasy XI is on PC and PS2 so it is not unlikely that it could also be on XOBX. I'm with Nameless, wheres a link, I've never heard a word about this game and I read a lot about LotR, especially on fan sites.

Great idea, but they should make it accurate to the world. They don't have to please the general public like peter Jackson did. Also, the story of teh ring is a bit played out. Maybe play the end part of the quest and play more of the game either in the 4th age, or maybe the 2nd age of Middle Earth.

Lord Vivic
01-10-2004, 03:32 PM
that is a good idea,i havent thought of that before.

gmbhottstuff
01-10-2004, 07:38 PM
www.middle-earthonline.com/ (http://www.middle-earthonline.com/)

Lord Vivic
01-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Well hotstuff i tried that site but it wouldnt let me in.

themoosearmy
01-11-2004, 01:07 AM
That looks pretty sweet, hope it turns out as good as they plan, no in game stuff or any renders so it loooks like this game won't be out for a while...

Lord Vivic
01-11-2004, 10:30 AM
I will try that site again to see if it let me in.

gmbhottstuff
01-11-2004, 04:26 PM
sorry about that. i changed the address and it should work now

Vejunks
01-12-2004, 03:58 AM
all i can say is that will rock.
outer then a morrowind stile game online.

Lord Vivic
01-13-2004, 04:14 PM
There is only one drawback.....it is not for xbox live!!!!!!!!