PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

SmileBit
12-27-2003, 03:25 PM
From EGMs Q Man...

Current talk yours truly has heard puts the debut of Microsoft's Xbox 2 hardeare at the annual Game Developer's Confrence in the spring, with more details to surface at May's Electronic Entertainment Expo---especially if Sony and Nintendo are talking about their next machines. The Q has also picked up word on his sensors that for a need space/cost savings, this time it will not include a hard drive.

Sounds like Microsoft is a little sick of losing 2 billion dollars on the XBox.

ShannonX
12-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
From EGMs Q Man...

Current talk yours truly has heard puts the debut of Microsoft's Xbox 2 hardeare at the annual Game Developer's Confrence in the spring, with more details to surface at May's Electronic Entertainment Expo---especially if Sony and Nintendo are talking about their next machines. The Q has also picked up word on his sensors that for a need space/cost savings, this time it will not include a hard drive.

no harddrive would = shooting self in head. I personally wont buy a system now that doesn't have a harddrive unless they come out with memory cards that hold 512 megs to 1 gig of information... I wont be playing the game of having 50 memory cards laying around.

Bakeman
12-27-2003, 04:07 PM
I just couldn't see how anyone now could think not having a harddrive would be a good idea.

MS would definitly be shooting themselves in the foot if they leave out the HD.

xthugking
12-27-2003, 04:08 PM
no harddrive? Are you serious?

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Saddam Hussein taking tips from Wolf Spiders!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105706,00.html

/sarcasm

Just about as good of a comparison as SmileBits... Don't take anything this kid has to say seriouisly.

Note: Wolf Spiders burrow holes into the ground.

Trento52
12-27-2003, 05:17 PM
really now it is the other way around. Sony and nintendo are taking tips from the first xbox to put in their new systems. Souped up specs and a hard drive and maybe nintendo will get more with the times and have a good online service like xboxs' next time.

SmileBit
12-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Trento52
really now it is the other way around. Sony and nintendo are taking tips from the first xbox to put in their new systems. Souped up specs and a hard drive and maybe nintendo will get more with the times and have a good online service like xboxs' next time.

Oh yes. They sure are taking tips. Creating a more powerful console is very much Microsofts idea. Nintendo and Sony have never created a console with inflated specs.

I for one think this is smart on MSs part. This way they can compete in price wars. Look at how well the Cube is selling. MS has noticed gamers care more about price than hardrives that werent used very much.

Oh and Hamwich. You dont have to take what I say seriosly but the Q is reputable.

Fanboy5000
12-27-2003, 06:20 PM
From EGMs Q Man...

bull****.

SmileBit
12-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Fanboy5000

bull****.

Dont like the sound of MS learning? LOL

Rockraven
12-27-2003, 06:31 PM
The Q has also picked up word on his sensors that for a need space/cost savings, this time it will not include a hard drive.

Which also means it wouldn't be backwards compatible, not to mention the effect it would have on Live. This is going completely against everything Microsoft is trying to do by getting into the video game industry.

Imo, that's one ridiculous rumor. So ridiculous I even felt the need to come out of lurking to say so.

Fanboy5000
12-27-2003, 06:31 PM

Dont like the sound of MS learning? LOL

Naw, just don't like bull****.

You know, the stuff that you keep posting.

SmileBit
12-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Fanboy5000

Naw, just don't like bull****.

You know, the stuff that you keep posting.

When are XBox fanboys going to learn that MS is dying in this industry?

blonks
12-27-2003, 06:45 PM
he's probably just making it up...i mean come on...he hates the xbox...note his sig....

so he is just trying to start some flaming...whithout it looking like a flame thread at the beggening

mattgame
12-27-2003, 06:52 PM

Prove that xbox is dying in the industry. Why in the hell would they leave out the HD when Sony is trying to copy it? Where did you get losing 2 billion from? Who the hell is Q? I'm sick of Sony and Nintendo fanboys coming on to this site spewing nonsense from their pieholes. :mad:

Fanboy5000
12-27-2003, 06:52 PM

For real, I'm a Xbox Fanboy?

I'll think about that as I play some Super Smash Bros, starting right now.

I'll check what this topic has done in about an hour and a half.

Zion
12-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Well, it's VERY possible the Xbox 2 won't have a hard drive. Four years from now when the Xbox 2 comes out, solid state storage will probably be cheaper than hard drives, and of course far more reliable.

yall
12-27-2003, 07:02 PM
As stated by Zion, if the Xbox v2 is not going to have a hard drive, it will have a similar mass storage medium.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but EGM's reporting is about as reliable as a wet paper bag is for carrying silver dollars.

RagunCajun
12-27-2003, 07:14 PM
I like the idea of my xbox having a HD. I ran out of space on my memory card in my ps2. Now i have to go buy another dsmn $24.99 memory card. I think it i smarter to have an HD. Kid's cant afford $24 everytime they need more memory.

Slacker
12-27-2003, 08:12 PM
HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Gamecube Fanboy posts story with no link, All of Gamecube Fanbosys posts are Flame Wars!, Gamecube Fanboy accuses everyone of Being Xbox Fanboys but thinks he is superior because he is a Gamecube fanboy , Gamecube Fanboy must have Low self esteem and parents who ignore him, his only small happy glee in the day is his feeling of superiorty over ones he thinks are inferior ,,,,,,probably has Nazi Flags all over his walls,

HOT UPDATE!
notice how wrong Hardware is spelled, come on and editor isn't going to notice that??, so come on Fanboy post a link ,

SniperPete
12-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah really. And like what was stated before. That would defeat the purpose of live. MS made it so like couldnt be saved to memory cards so accounts couldnt be duplicated. Then they just have the same old problem over again. But now no way to fix it. So take a hike u game cube fanboy

sic
12-27-2003, 10:01 PM
it would be like going from 4 controller ports to 2 it will never happen. they would never go from a hard drive to no HD I diddn't even believe it for a second I swear to god its just impossible. Dont believe it guys microsoft is the smartest company out there with also the most money they never stop until there in first place no matter at what cost. they were always like that. and thats why xbox has the biggest advantage of all, ps2 has alot of advantages over xbox but the most important one is how much money they and believe me they have alot more so if they see ps2 is kicking there ass they'll just go and buy nintendo or atari or sega in a heartbeat until there in first so basically its just a matter of time until they are.

mdooz
12-27-2003, 10:05 PM
That Q might have heard this stupid news from someone who works at Microsoft or something who's just guessing. I don't think there is any way Microsoft wouldn't have a hard drive in the next Xbox. It's part of the evolution of gaming and why would they not include it anyways?? They're going to keep games online so why would they take the hard drive out?

Cryogenic Pyro
12-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Did you hear that sound? It sounds like a pile of **** hitting the toilet and getting flushed.

Microsoft was lurking for a long time before they came into the video game industry. They took pointers. One of them was adding a harddrive. The harddrive adds so much to the experience of gaming it's not even funny, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And, you're obviously pulling prices out of your ass if you think an 8GB harddrive is going to cost more than $20 CAD, and since the big three lose money on the consoles, it's not going to add more than $10 CAD on to the cost of the console.

Answer me this question: If you hate the Xbox so much, why bother posting on an Xbox forum about how much you hate it? Go post on a Gamecube forum about how much you hate the Xbox and love the Gamecube instead.

xboxman_1
12-28-2003, 01:26 AM
Whats that? The sound of everyone on a forum simultaneously succumbing to the forces of a troll?

Casper
12-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Smilebit - some word's of advice -

- If you keep posting crap like this to insinuate a forum flame session, at least post a link to the lie that you found.

- Start putting this into the debating session, as this is for Xbox news - not jibberish by Nintendo brainwashed attention whores.

This is closed and you're dam close to getting that 3rd strike.