PDA

View Full Version : X-Box`s Future......

Chr0nik
01-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Just a thought...... in a couple of years when gamers and developers look towards new technology and power in gaming, will Microsoft simply force us to buy a new system such as an
``X-box 2``, or do you think that they will offer some sort of Upgrade seeing that the X-box is basically a rigged up mini PC.

The concept could be fairly interesting. I am just wondering how long the current hardware would be able to sustain new and powerful games in the works or that will eventually be thought of.

XBOX Dude
01-03-2002, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure microsoft will will keep pumpin out games to the end of it's cycle and remeber the graphics chip is programable so think about that, that alone could keep the system going for a long time

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Your thought is somewhat interesting, but, first and foremost, the XBox is actually not a "rigged up mini pc"...it's a gaming console. Yes, it is also a DVD and CD player, but, it's main purpose is that it is a gaming console.

But, to compete in the brutal world of the gaming industry, Microsoft will always be atleast one up on the competition. So, if the alleged "PS3" is more powerful than the XBox, don't be surprised if Microsoft comes out with a system that will blow it out of the water. I don't think you will be that surprised...but, the idea does get me pretty pumped!

As for an upgraded type of system, I'm not quite sure...of course it's possible, let's say if us XBox consumers were to send our beloved XBoxes in to get upgraded video cards, memory, etc....and probably pay a respectable penny, but, who knows? We all know that it's possible...so, I suppose time will only be the one that will tell.

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft already has their future generation plans in the works, especially since Sony is so adament about making it known that the PoS3 is being planned.

Hugh_Jass
01-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Upgrading wouldn't be cost-effective. All of the components are soldered to the motherboard. If you want to add memory or a better graphics chip you'd have to replace the motherboard or do some time-consuming intricate solder work.

At the end of the XBOX lifecycle we're going to want a completely overhauled system and I'm sure Microsoft will deliver something very powerful for XBOX2 in order to stay on top.