PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Battlefront

JJaX
12-28-2003, 01:44 AM
Havent seen anyone talking about this....

...A multiplayer online shooter set in the Star Wars universe. The game liberally borrows concepts from EA's Battlefield series, transplanting the competitive online shooter and vehicle action into the Star Wars galaxy.

Featuring soldier sets from the series such as Stormtroopers, Rebel pilots, Republic Guards and the like, and a wide variety of vehicles from the films, players will be able to take part in epic battles from both the original series (Episodes IV, V, VI) as well as the prequel trilogy (Episode I, II, III) across the reaches of the vast Star Wars universe.

While no release date is being stated as of now, Star Wars: Battlefront is currently in development for PC, PS2 and Xbox.

- IGN (http://www.ign.com)

I read today in my new EGM, its going to be 16 players on live, but you will be sharing the battlefield with 48 bots. Thats 32 on 32 if you cant do the math :p

Sounds kick ass to me. Lets hope they dont mess this up!

http://www.jucaushii.ro/img/StarWars-Battlefront/02.jpg

http://www.jucaushii.ro/img/StarWars-Battlefront/01.jpg

http://www.jucaushii.ro/img/StarWars-Battlefront/03.jpg

SPARTAN VI
12-28-2003, 02:34 AM
Hey hey, cool s***. The graphics don't look half bad considering PS2 was mentioned in the line up... I might look into this one. Great news JJJJJJJJJJJJJax.

TrueBelieverUK*
12-28-2003, 03:56 AM
sounds great! hopefully by the time it comes out i'll have live!?!?!?!?!

tbuk:huh:

Hard Boiled Cop
12-28-2003, 09:55 AM
I heard about this but I didn't want to mention this cos I didn't know much about it. Thanx for the info.

ScottTheKilla
12-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Ya I heard about this just recently in oxm I think it was. This comes out of nowhere too because thats the first time Ive seen this game even mentioned but it looks good. Battlefield is great and they say its similiar so I hope they do just as good of a job for xbox live.

CarGuy
12-28-2003, 04:22 PM
The game modes will make or break this in my eyes. Never played the EA game mentioned but if it's BS like team survival deathmatch then i have RS:3 for that. Looks like it has a lot of potential with the bots.

MerimacHamwich
12-28-2003, 07:05 PM
I remember hearing about this game a while back, forgot about it though.

carguy, BattleField 1942 is based on a time limit. You have a certain number of flags. You need to capture a certain number of bases. The more bases you have, the quicker your enemies flag count will run out. The less basesyou have the quicker your flag count will run out. The team to run out of flags first loses.

It's actually pretty tactical at times, but what it comes down to is a team deathmatch - capture the flag mixture. It works very well and is completely different than Rainbow Six 3. Even if it were just a team deathmatch game, it would still be completely different. The scale of Battlefield 1942 just seperates itself from any other game out there. You can control everything from submarines to helicopters or you can just stay as whatever class fighter you chose, be it sniper or anti-tank personnel.

I have high hopes for Star Wars: Battlegrounds.
:cheers:

Dirty DeStrO
12-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Yeah this is pretty dope .. def looking forward to this one. Also if you want to Jedi CTF then chek out Jedi Academy .... its pretty cool online ....

ShadowWolf
12-29-2003, 07:08 PM
This will be a great game if it is Massively Multiplayer :D

JJaX
12-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ShadowWolf
This will be a great game if it is Massively Multiplayer :D

Read the thread
http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/catreadingnewspapercan.jpg

Peepers
12-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Hey hey, cool s***. The graphics don't look half bad considering PS2 was mentioned in the line up... I might look into this one. Great news JJJJJJJJJJJJJax.

That's exactly what I was thinking about the graphics. I expected suckiness until I scrolled down and saw the screenshots.

ON another note, I appreciate that they provide the option for bots, but I think I would prefer 8v8 with just humans; I like killing people a lot more, so that's the way I'll probably play.

JJaX
12-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

ON another note, I appreciate that they provide the option for bots, but I think I would prefer 8v8 with just humans; I like killing people a lot more, so that's the way I'll probably play.

I disagree, human or not. The more people to shoot and get shot at from the better. Its suppost to simulate a large scale battle. Id rather things get crazy all over the huge maps. Imagine being in a fire fight and in the backround you see AT-ST walkers, and speeders flying by.

It should be sick...

Peepers
12-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I disagree, human or not. The more people to shoot and get shot at from the better. Its suppost to simulate a large scale battle. Id rather things get crazy all over the huge maps. Imagine being in a fire fight and in the backround you see AT-ST walkers, and speeders flying by.

It should be sick...

I guess I kinda forget about the massive use of vehicles, but still, AI scripts are no match for a man. So I guess it depends. Maybe I'll just stick with RS3 forever, and eventually I'll have to get good!

MerimacHamwich
12-29-2003, 09:28 PM
I agree with JJax. The great thing is, in Battlefield type games there are times when you would much prefer having AI teammates than humans. AI tends to work with team play, alot of humans try to go solo and ruin the whole team dynamic.