PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Skies is selling like hotcakes!

bluefire712
12-28-2003, 06:49 PM
I thought'd be easy enough, after renting the game for a week I knew I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay, music, AI, well just about everything. So tonight, I decided I'd purchase it. There were no good deals on it so I went to EB first because I have store credit. Mall closed at 6pm. Ugh. KB Toys is also closed since it's in the mall as well.

Fine, I have a Best Buy gift certificate.
I go over to Best Buy and look at their game shelves. Completely cluttered. Unlike every other store in my area, they usually keep their games in perfect alphabetical order (even the new ones). To my disappointment, after the chirstmas and post-christmas rush most of the games had 1 copy or were sold out. After a search or two, I asked if they had it in stock. The guy checked on his computer, it showed up as sold out. Again, out of luck.

I figured Target, a huge department store with everything and even more stuff in the warehouse in the back must have tons of video games. So I drive over to their store. After a somewhat lengthy walking distance, I saw no Crimson Skies. I asked an employee for help, he showed me where the copies should be (in the glass shelves), and it was completely wiped out. You've got to be kidding me! I was thinking conspiracy at this point, since I live in a fairly small town, it's post-christmas, and the game wasn't released yesterday.

While on my way to Circuit City, I saw Toys R' Us, but they closed just a few minutes before I got there. I looked at Circuit City, and even though they had a fairly large volumes of Xbox games, still no Crimson Skies. I asked an employee, he looked around somewhat bewildered. He looked on the back of some display, and found it! LAST COPY!

Alright Circuit City closes at 7pm (it's 6:50pm now), I rush to the checkout. I realize I don't have enough money in my wallet. The money I put in there was in gift certificates for other stores! I tell the cashier to hold my copy and run out the door to my car. My glove compartment thankfully had enough money to purchase the game! %*@! They're closing the doors! They put the metal bars over the front entrance. Unfortunately, the checkout area and the entrance are fairly far apartment. I must've looked like a real idiot waving my hands trying to get someone's attention.

Finally someone notices me and activates the one-way "out" automatic door. I told the guy I was in the middle of purchasing something. I go back and pay for it. Needless to say, I really wanted this game. $53 with tax. It really mad me angry that they closed the entrance doors before it was 7pm. Also the cashier who was taking my order before I ran out abruptly, kept counting the money in her drawer. I had to wait like 5-10 minutes until she was done. There was only one other cashier who was ringing up a comcorder for some couple and giving them the whole insurance bit where if it breaks after 14 days it's their problem.

The other employees were justing lingering doing absolutely nothing productive. I hate Circuit City (besides the fact they had my game). I also dislike Best Buy because they always give you same bit as Circuit City where if it breaks after X days then its not there problem. EB Games is alright, but they never have sales. KB Toys has sold me defective used games. Target isn't a gaming store to begin with. If you live in Luzerne County, PA, I suggest buying your copy of Crimson Skies off of Amazon. :)

oldi1knoby
12-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Wow, sounds like you had an adventure in itself just to get a copy. Is the game really that good? I'll have to rent it next week....

nG-Punisher
12-29-2003, 01:04 AM
LOL what a great story...I love the game as well...try finding me on Live and we can play some games...tag is in my profile to the left...cya then

OC Noob
12-29-2003, 01:05 AM
CC is the worst store. Crappy lay out, crappy selection of a lot of items, crappy comission employees, crappy check out system and crappy sales.

Not sure what's up with your EB, but in Phx, AZ they are always having good sales. I just traded in 4 total piece O' crap games (Blood Wake, Godzilla Destroy All Monster, etc.) for $40 store credit, which almost paid off my Halflife 2 preorder. I did the same thing a month ago for $40 store credit that I used for a Halo 2 preorder.

EB's employees in my area are totally cool and very helpful. Sounds like yours aren't so hot.

Other then the occasional sale at other stores I only shop at EB and online. I highly recommend a reputable online seller vs some crappy local store. The wait really isn't bad after you've done it a few times. Just be sure you get US Postal Service (priority is even better) or Fedex, because UPS is slow as dirt. How the F**K it can take them 2 weeks to deliver something that would get to you in 5 days with standard USPS is beyond me. Really USPS Priority and Fedex can't be beat.

BoundBruiser
12-29-2003, 02:44 AM
Crimson Skies is a great game. I would have bought it, but it didn't have much gameplay on it. Althought multiplayer and live are awesome.

RagunCajun
12-29-2003, 03:14 AM
man, what a story. I'd be pissed too. When i got GTA VC on my ps2, it took 6 days for a place to get it in stock. I had to skip 2nd period, drive 25 min to the mall to K&B toys to see if they got it in. Luckly they did. they had like 10 of them. Then i had to drive all the home, play it then be late for work. Damn i miss my job:cry:

ScottTheKilla
12-29-2003, 08:11 PM
Ya I hear ya man about not being able to find what you want. Stores in my area like toys r us and best buy hardly ever have newer games or games I want anyway. Toys r us is really bad. They have like only 2 shelves half filled for xbox games and like 4 shelves for ps2. They are a little bias im guessing. Anyway when i went to best buy to get in on that buy 2 xsn games get one free deal I found the last copies of top spin and amped 2. Some kid got all pissed at me for taking amped 2. Thats why unless its a instore deal or I have a gift certificate I usually get my games online now. Best buy, ebgames and kbtoys actually have great online prices and sales.

BunnyRabbit
12-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Well, heres a lucky story. I went over to kiwibox.com and won a copy of crimsom skies and its like 2 weeks late as far as I know. Im beginning to think it isnt coming..

nOW THaTs hOt cAKe!!!!!!