PDA

View Full Version : Ganged And Beat Down For An Xbox...

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 03:49 PM
Hey, I heard somewhere, on the news I think. That a guy walked into a store sometime during the release of xbox, I forget what state? He walked out with a xbox and some games, and was jumped by 3 people? Who beat him down and stole his xbox. Did anyone else hear about this? Sounds pretty bad.....

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 04:01 PM
lol, dude, it doesn't surprise me...When I was walking out of the door with my black and green beauty, I was watching my back! LOL...seriously! I was!

I mean, I can take care of myself...no problem...but, I didn't want to have to drop it just to pop some punk ass in the chin.

Cool thing, though...I, coincidentally, have a buddy who is a police officer (his first year) and he had his gat packed as he always does...and he stayed up all night in line with me so he could get the XBox, too :D So, anyway...I just thought I would share that

Msterrrr
01-03-2002, 04:16 PM
unforturely i think its true i was at the launch party in NYC toy r us was handing out see through bags for the x boxes ,, till some cops came and warned us that a few people got jumped on the subways,, it was like 1am at the time

I to was watching my back,, had to walk about 5 blocks to my car with 3 xboxs in the middle of the night:eek: :eek:

The Terminator
01-03-2002, 04:22 PM
LoL, it's kinda funny, b/c my friend and I went to Best Buy to get one on Nov. 15 around 2:00. He wanted to eat lunch after buying it, so I agreed. When we parked outside of burger king, we were going inside and he said, "Wait, I'm going to hide it." and he opened his trunk and threw his jacket over the Xbox, and threw a bunch of papers around it. He has an SUV, so it has glass in front of the trunk, so anyone could have seen it if they walked by. I think everyone was sort of worried a little bit on the launch day and holiday shopping days, b/c some ppl are just crazy in this world.

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-03-2002, 04:57 PM
That's why I ordered it off ebgames.com, the safest way.

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 04:59 PM
LoL maximus, pop a punk ass in his chin eh? lol... when I got my xbox I had a huge bag with my 3 games in it. But I was walking out of a populated mall :D The bag was heavy and I dropped it about 27 times or maybe 28? on my way out.... I took it home and it was all dented up and the game boxes were smashed =(, it still kind of works sometimes though, it freezes alot and half the time it doesn't even work. But it's nice to know I have one.

btw, that last part is some sensless typing as I am bored :D

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
LoL maximus, pop a punk ass in his chin eh? lol... when I got my xbox I had a huge bag with my 3 games in it. But I was walking out of a populated mall :D The bag was heavy and I dropped it about 27 times or maybe 28? on my way out.... I took it home and it was all dented up and the game boxes were smashed =(, it still kind of works sometimes though, it freezes alot and half the time it doesn't even work. But it's nice to know I have one.

btw, that last part is some sensless typing as I am bored :D

LOL, dude...you are too much :D WTF!??!? You dropped it 27 or 28 times? lol...What are you thinking?!?! I cradled mine all the way out the door to my car....I cradled it, rocked it like a baby, tickled the green jewel, held it up and burped it, gave it a back rub, kissed it as I shed a tear, and I even gave out cigars because I had my little baby :D

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

tickled the green jewel

WHOA. that does "NOT" sound right. :eek: ;) :D :p

XboXGangsta
01-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Maximus likes to tickle little babies jewels :D

XBOX Dude
01-03-2002, 06:12 PM
well i was fisrt in line and got the first xbox i went outside were people were still waiting inline I held the xbox up in the air did a little dance i wasn't scared, but maybe that's cause i'm 6'3 and 200 hundred pounds:p

xboxfan
01-03-2002, 10:48 PM
maximus
LOL, dude...you are too much WTF!??!? You dropped it 27 or 28 times? lol...What are you thinking?!?! I cradled mine all the way out the door to my car....I cradled it, rocked it like a baby, tickled the green jewel, held it up and burped it, gave it a back rub, kissed it as I shed a tear, and I even gave out cigars because I had my little baby.
Did you also sleep with the controller?

JADE8704
01-04-2002, 01:22 AM
yeah it happened in Kansas City, MO. a guy bought his xbox at an EB and some guys jumped him for it...what is this world coming to?

Supperdog
01-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Hey, I heard somewhere, on the news I think. That a guy walked into a store sometime during the release of xbox, I forget what state? He walked out with a xbox and some games, and was jumped by 3 people? Who beat him down and stole his xbox. Did anyone else hear about this? Sounds pretty bad.....

umm...i wasn't one of them

/runs ;)

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan

Did you also sleep with the controller?

lol...no, I had to drive home...but, the idea did spring to mind :D hehe

~~XboX pRyDE!!!~~

XBOX MSSC
01-04-2002, 07:46 PM
I think some guy got his thingy caught in the cd tray of his xbox. Then he got put in jail for raping a 3 month old console.... :p It's a Sad Sad World.....