PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Computer

StUmPy01
01-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Alright fellaz......stop saying the xbox is a mini computer. Its a **** game console. it has 1 characteristic of a computer, a hard drive. The xbox is nothing like a computer

correct me if im wrong

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Who are you talking to?

StUmPy01
01-03-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002
Who are you talking to?

anyone and everyone who calls the xbox a mini computer

MaxPain
01-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by StUmPy01
Alright fellaz......stop saying the xbox is a mini computer. Its a **** game console. it has 1 characteristic of a computer, a hard drive. The xbox is nothing like a computer

correct me if im wrong

Don't forget online gaming. Of course it had similarities to a computer, the computer is no doubt the best system out, so consoles must start having computer characteristics. But the best console is Xbox :D :D

Plewis
01-03-2002, 05:10 PM
if your going to post something like this you should probably post it in a debate forum because most people here in the General Discussion dont think that it is a mini computer

yall
01-03-2002, 06:01 PM
is there something wrong with computers? if you feel that there is, i would suggest that you smash your gamecube. also don't forget you playstation or atari 2600. they are all computers. when some fool tries to tell you that there is something wrong with the xbox because it is a computer, ask the moron if his/her favorite platform on which to play video games has a processor, memory, displays information on a screen or requires input. people will try and say that its more 'problematic' somehow because its from microsoft or because it uses pc-like components. thats not bad, its good. people already know how to develop using this type of hardware. big deal that it doesnt use some weird propreitary chipset that no-one has ever used to program anything. im pretty sure alot more video game developers would rather use a geforce3 chipset to process their graphics than they would the flipper chip.
in conclusion, they are all computers. some of them (xbox) are just better.

StUmPy01
01-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by yall
is there something wrong with computers? if you feel that there is, i would suggest that you smash your gamecube. also don't forget you playstation or atari 2600. they are all computers. when some fool tries to tell you that there is something wrong with the xbox because it is a computer, ask the moron if his/her favorite platform on which to play video games has a processor, memory, displays information on a screen or requires input. people will try and say that its more 'problematic' somehow because its from microsoft or because it uses pc-like components. thats not bad, its good. people already know how to develop using this type of hardware. big deal that it doesnt use some weird propreitary chipset that no-one has ever used to program anything. im pretty sure alot more video game developers would rather use a geforce3 chipset to process their graphics than they would the flipper chip.
in conclusion, they are all computers. some of them (xbox) are just better.

uhh, shut the hell up

yall
01-03-2002, 09:41 PM
too wordy for your simple mind?

Chr0nik
01-04-2002, 09:39 AM
If you dont want to hear what people have to say than I suggest you do not post any threads here.

I dont find it very polite to be telling someone to shut the hell up because they are replying to your post.

BLunted
01-04-2002, 02:05 PM
I don't understand how a label(console, mini-PC) would make the gaming expierence less enjoyable. Does a game get crappier if you are playing it on a set-top pc instead of a console? Think people are too fixated on classifications