PDA

View Full Version : Project Gotham 2 (merged)

BinaryXtreme
12-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Is it just me or is this game incredibly hard? I have spent hours upon hours and all I have unlocked is the convertible sports cars. Anyone tried a wheel and pedals with this game? Think it might help? I read that this game was very hard but man, this is unreal. Any help will be appreciated.

Elnutsack
12-30-2003, 08:31 AM
I found it hard at first, but I concentrated on learning the tracks. Thats the key. I get my line down and now when I race I hardly give the other cars any thought and just concentrate on the track...

SnoochyBoochy
12-30-2003, 08:56 AM
nah i dont find it that hard. my uncle is a hardcore player, uses the steering wheel and all that... we had a bet that if he ever beat me at halo, i'd have to buy him breakfast and if i beat him at PGR2, he'd buy me breakfast.

anyway i whooped him! w00t

Cottrau
12-30-2003, 10:51 AM
i have about 250,000 Kudos points..

The easiest ones to get Platinum on are the speed camera.. you have to do it flawlessly, but because the tracks are like 30 seconds.. it may take you a half hour to master it.. but u get an extra 3,000 kudos. I bought the xbox on the 27th, and i've unlocked about 40 cars, and i have like 50 silvers, 5 golds, and 15 platinums in the kudos world series

Some advice... the game is REALLY HELLA ULTRA MEGA HARD if you do not unlock a really good car in each series. The default 2 cars won't win you any silver or gold medals... Notice how the bars on the locked cars are a lot better.

If you're having trouble beating the kudos world series due to the fact that you're poor in the way of kudos tokens, go into the arcade and time attack, and do those under silver, and if you can't do that, go for bronze, or... dare i say steel.

I must warn you though... if you succumb to earning steels on PGR2, you don't deserve to own the game.

Sellout Theory
12-30-2003, 09:29 PM
I havnt really played the game that much. I played it once when I went over to someones house, but it was only a couple races. It was a ok game

BananaMan
12-30-2003, 10:06 PM
I don't find it hard at all. I'm already on track specials and i've only had it for 5 days.:p

Dyslexic Chaos
12-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan
I don't find it hard at all. I'm already on track specials and i've only had it for 5 days.:p

Same here, I'm on track specials too. The minimum I let myself earn is Silver, and on occasion i even get platinum. mostly just trying to get through the game and earn my Porshe 911 GT1!!!

MikeMan91389
12-31-2003, 12:31 AM
Snoochbooch! those girls are hot... and is the game worth buying YES or NO.

Brevity
12-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Sometime soon I will have this game (I won in here) and I cant wait to see how it plays.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Project Gotham is not that hard. Platinum is the hardest but everything else is alright.

rugbyplayer54
01-08-2004, 03:55 PM
I just got Project Gotham Racing 2 and I just worked my way from the bottom up. I started all on novice to get a feel of each track and the cars. Then I moved up. I am still playing the Kudos World Series and I am stuck on some of the Hard ones, but I just keep trying them over and over and I have passed a few.

:cheers:

borka105
01-08-2004, 05:46 PM
this is the best game on xbox period!

I am 52+ hours into it thus far and it feels like I've only started to really enjoy it.

remember, it's no good to keep trying to win every race on platinum right away. I would try to win the races on silver first and then go from there.

also, most of the fun for me atleast has been on XBOX LIVE..... that is where this game really shows off its talent and with over 100,000 people currently playing the game online, the competition is tough but very very fun.

-borka105

mrgeorge88
01-08-2004, 06:20 PM
it just takes a little getting used to then its not to hard

George89
01-08-2004, 07:22 PM
For some reason I really prefer arcade styled racers..I hate having to brake and I hate getting behind and knowing that there are no power ups or obstacles to make the computer slow down. But I still like them.

SnoochyBoochy
01-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
Snoochbooch! those girls are hot... and is the game worth buying YES or NO.

i'd say... YES.

blonks
01-08-2004, 08:35 PM
its not too hard...just gotta get the hang of it

l Maximus l
01-08-2004, 08:40 PM
I don't have the game yet, sadly...but, I whipped through the demo...seemed pretty user friendly to me. Then I tried my new Mad Catz steering wheel. I must admit, the car moves so much more fluid...it took a little bit for me to get used to the wheel, but, now I think I have it down pretty well....especially if it's calibrated to your comfort level.

I'm excited about getting PGR2 and all...but, I have to admit, I am far more excited about Rallisport Challenge 2...oh man...

Unreal
01-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Here are some of my Project Gotham Racing 2 Stats:

Kudos Rank 43
820,347 Kudos
91 Cars

Medals:

104 Silvers
56 Golds
12 Platinums

I beat the Kudos World Series with all Silvers. I am workiing on Golds right now, with Platinums when I can.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-09-2004, 10:41 AM
If you complete the world kudos series in platinum, you'll unlock the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 which is slightly better than the Enzo.

mattgame
01-09-2004, 11:03 AM
It's challenging but it's not impossible. The hardest races are the platinums because one bad move could cost you and you have to come in first. All of the other races are very much possible. Sometimes you may have to cheat a little. I usually will knock a guy off course and I won't let anyone pass me if I can help it. Be careful, though they'll hit you back. :D

Hard Boiled Cop
01-09-2004, 03:38 PM
You can't really rack up any kudos when you play on Platinum. You're concentrating so hard that you can't be bother to do any slides. I bet everyone will crash alot when they play on platinum.

BananaMan
01-10-2004, 05:08 AM
The only problem i have with platinum is the computer tries to take you out when you get near them, it's like they don't even know your there they'll just come over on you and slam you into a wall. And once that happens, might as well restart the race.:(

Hard Boiled Cop
01-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Aggressive drivers, I know. They're annoying but I usually bash into them to get the upper hand. You need to drive defensively to win. Always swerve left and right, try to block the CPUs.

FaTeL DeAtH
01-10-2004, 09:31 AM
dude its not that hard and i highly dont reccomend that u use the wheel and pedals cause that makes it alot harder. well at least for me. well anyway all u gotta do is concentrate and u'll get it. and if ure lookin for things to unlock all they got is car series man..thats it

:cheers:

odpr
01-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Bought the game and played it for ten min, And I had to go..
I thought to myself why people so enjoy it? I have no Idea...
welp when I came back home I said to myself let's give it another try...
I gave it another try and I can’t leave the joystick since!!!
AMAZING GAME . A must for every racing fun.

Now I read what game spot have to say About the physics,..
whelp I am a student in physics, and I have to say the physics is great!
The only unreal thing in it is the collision factor, but if u wants to make an enjoyable game, u can’t make the car total rackwhenu hit the wall.. Other wise what is the fun in it?
Other then that amazing game, I left splinter cell in the middle just to play it and I can't leave it..
Really great.

CMX Jedi
01-10-2004, 05:11 PM
you need typeing lessons... realy
but yeah its a fun game

BoundBruiser
01-10-2004, 06:24 PM
PGR2 is a great game, a couple PGR2 threads ago I read that people didn't like it because the cars would slide all over the track and it was hard to control compared to other car games. Well, those guys are used to the racing games like Sega GT 02 etc. In that game, and in many others you have TCS (Traction Control System) and SCS (Spin Control System). In PGR2 you have stock cars which don't have TCS and SCS. On Sega GT you can turn off those two systems in options then when you race it fills very similar to PGR2. I love this game!

RichVGS
01-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Yep, its incredible. Have you tried any of the Live challenges yet? That just adds to the fun. I want to try it with the wheel (I hear that is just freakin' awsome).

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 06:41 PM
I have the Mad Catz steering wheel with the pedals and stuff...I can't wait to try PGR 2 with it! :cool:

But, more importantly, Rallisport Challenge 2 :D

Casper
01-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by dudeman48174
you need typeing lessons... realy
but yeah its a fun game

And you're one to talk?

typeing = typing
realy = really

Besides, he's from Isreal, don't throw stones when you're in the same glass house.

I'm merging this with the other thread - please try and keep game talk in the same threads. Thanks.

FuNkY mOnK
01-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I have the Mad Catz steering wheel with the pedals and stuff...I can't wait to try PGR 2 with it! :cool:

But, more importantly, Rallisport Challenge 2 :D
Max don't waste your time with the wheel you will accomplish zilch