PDA

View Full Version : Gta Vice City help

SgtSavage
12-30-2003, 10:05 PM
How do you get money from the places you own? I own the Strip joint, the ice cream place and the manshion. How do i get money from them?

Papke
12-31-2003, 01:08 AM
Money collects by itself over time, and if a building generates profits there should be a floating icon out front that you just need to grab in order to get the loot. It's the same icon located in front of your mansion.

Kyle Static
12-31-2003, 01:11 AM
This is of course assuming you've already beaten all the missions for the asset. At which point each day the asset will generate a set amount of Moolah, so go by and walk through the cash icon to pick it up.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-31-2003, 02:59 PM
Exactly you need to complete missions on offer in those properties you buy. That way you can earn money. For the Cherry Poppers mission you need to get at least 50 people or over to buy your ice creams. Stop at the cities or something. But be careful though, cops don't like you doing business and will arrest you. Thats the same with gangsters. They just shoot you.

I bought every single property and I've completed everything. All I need to do is find the hidden packages.

TuffEagle88
12-31-2003, 08:34 PM
in the strip club you have to go to the back and get a private dance and you'll start spending money, leave once you've spent at leaste 600 dollars, then it will start generating money for you. After you do one or two missions for your estate it will start making money from insurance. And like the Copper before me said, to get money from the "ice cream" shop you need to sell your product to at least 50 people in a row from your MR. Whoopie fan without getting busted, killed, or leaving the vechile, even if you get pulled out you have to start over. I'll tell you that the best place to sell your "ice cream" is Vice Port. There aren't any gangesters and only a verry few cops and lots of druggies, just make sure to switch your view everyonce in awhile to make sure no cops are sneaking up behind you.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-01-2004, 05:08 AM
I went back to the Cherry Popper Ice cream van and when I got in, it's telling me to start the mission again. I've completed the game. If so and I don't mind doing it again, how many people do I have to sell it to. Since the previous one was 50 and I thought that would change. Do I have to sell it a certain number of people?

TuffEagle88
01-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
I went back to the Cherry Popper Ice cream van and when I got in, it's telling me to start the mission again. I've completed the game. If so and I don't mind doing it again, how many people do I have to sell it to. Since the previous one was 50 and I thought that would change. Do I have to sell it a certain number of people?

I don't think the Cherry Popper missions work like that. Unlike the boatyard, where the faster your time is the more money it makes for you, I think that selling the "ice cream" after you complete the mission doesn't do anything for you except getting the money from the actual transactions. I'm not sure about this, but I know I don't want to spend 40 minutes selling drugs to get to 100 and realize that I was wasting my time. :)

Duke
01-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88

I don't think the Cherry Popper missions work like that. Unlike the boatyard, where the faster your time is the more money it makes for you, I think that selling the "ice cream" after you complete the mission doesn't do anything for you except getting the money from the actual transactions. I'm not sure about this, but I know I don't want to spend 40 minutes selling drugs to get to 100 and realize that I was wasting my time. :)

Pretty sure you're right on that one. It just prompts you to keep doing it since you can still make money. Well that, and selling drugs is fun.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-02-2004, 05:32 PM
What happens if you completed all the Rampage missions?

ScorpionX
01-02-2004, 05:39 PM
What happens if you completed all the Rampage missions?

Nothing, but it is necessary to get 100% completion.

Ninjermy
01-02-2004, 06:07 PM
i am seriously stuck at this mission. its the one where u have 5 minutes to drive and smash all the windows in the mall.... its just to hard! any tips?

Ninjermy
01-02-2004, 06:08 PM
o i was also wondering... how many more missions do i have to do before i can buy businesses?

CRAYMAN
01-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jermy_64
i am seriously stuck at this mission. its the one where u have 5 minutes to drive and smash all the windows in the mall.... its just to hard! any tips?

Use a scooter or a dirt bike motorcycle to drive around in the mall and shoot the windows drive-by style.:cool:

ScorpionX
01-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by jermy_64
o i was also wondering... how many more missions do i have to do before i can buy businesses?

You have to beat the mission your stuck on right now, I believe its called Shakedown. Make sure you have a very fast car or a motorcycle. You can bring the cycle into the mall if you want for quicker transportation. Or you could melee the windows with a strong weapon, of course :cool:

Hard Boiled Cop
01-03-2004, 04:58 AM
I use the Uzi for the shakedown mission. I found it hard at first because I didn't know what to smash but I did it.

You can't get 100% completion if you cheat and save it afterwards. I just use the health cheat so I won't get 100% completion.

Did you guys know that you can do a 'stick up' to one of those shop owners? I just realised that.

Seawolf X
01-03-2004, 11:26 AM
I use the Uzi for the shakedown mission. I found it hard at first because I didn't know what to smash but I did it.

You can't get 100% completion if you cheat and save it afterwards. I just use the health cheat so I won't get 100% completion.

Did you guys know that you can do a 'stick up' to one of those shop owners? I just realised that.

You can still get 100% completion using the health and weapons cheat.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Seawolf X

You can still get 100% completion using the health and weapons cheat.

You sure about that? I'm reading this off a magazine and they say that if you use any cheats, you won't get 100% completion. I need other people's view about this before I can come to a conclusion.

Seawolf X
01-03-2004, 12:12 PM

You sure about that? I'm reading this off a magazine and they say that if you use any cheats, you won't get 100% completion. I need other people's view about this before I can come to a conclusion.

I herd as long as you don't use cheats like "walking on water" or any of that sort then it won't screw up your game and you can still get 100% completion.

Duke
01-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Rolled through shakedown on a bike. Was pretty easy w/ that.

Seawolf X
01-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I had my nephew do it for me...he was on foot and used that machine gun. It took him a few trys to find out where all the stores were.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-03-2004, 01:08 PM

I herd as long as you don't use cheats like "walking on water" or any of that sort then it won't screw up your game and you can still get 100% completion.

I think I used the 'spawn a Rhino Tank' cheat so I guess I won't get 100% completion.

Seawolf X
01-03-2004, 02:12 PM

I think I used the 'spawn a Rhino Tank' cheat so I guess I won't get 100% completion.

yes you will...spawning cars, health, weapons are fine...just no cheats that sometimes can't be undone

Hard Boiled Cop
01-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Alright cheers. I'm now currently collecting all the hidden packages with the help of a little book that indicates where every hidden packages are.

Seawolf X
01-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Alright cheers. I'm now currently collecting all the hidden packages with the help of a little book that indicates where every hidden packages are.

me too...i've gotten only 52 hidden packages...it takes some time

Hard Boiled Cop
01-04-2004, 12:49 PM
I've got 56 hidden packages. I still haven't touch GTA3. I feel like playing that now.

TuffEagle88
01-04-2004, 02:19 PM

yes you will...spawning cars, health, weapons are fine...just no cheats that sometimes can't be undone

that stinks if you are right, because I've got the riot and armed ped. cheat stuck on. :(

the shakedown mission gave me some trouble, but I just used the bigger tires cheat and grabbed the stinger, then you can just plow through whatever gets in your way, but I don't advise it just swerve. Then as soon as you get inside the mall take out all of the ones on the bottom floor, hit the clothing store on the bottom last because after you break its windows go inside and in the back on the right side there is an escalator that takes you to the top where there are also a bunch of other windows to break, there is also a hidden package there but don't worry about it right now. Then procede to break the windows on the top floor.
Its pretty easy if you use your radar and try a few times, but watch out because by the time you finish you will have 4-5 stars probably.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-05-2004, 05:21 AM
Use the lower wanted cheat. But if you want to have fun then don't use it.

TuffEagle88
01-06-2004, 07:28 PM
fun????? thats an awefully odd choice of words....... fun you say??!! fun??!!!!!!!!!! I don't find it much fun running through the city for my life only to have my car flipped and the tires spiked and then run and manage to grab a motorcycle only to be sideswiped by an Enforcer on the first corner. fun, you are demented! hah!! fun he says!!! more like absolute frusteration and supreme terror!!!!!!! :D

ScorpionX
01-06-2004, 07:49 PM
If you want to have fun in Vice City, pick up a Hunter or Rhino tank at the military base. You can destroy everything in yout path, and nobody can stop you! Not to mention you can get millions of dollars when playing it as a vigilante mission :cool: