PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Skies faulty?

MikeMan91389
12-31-2003, 12:21 AM
Bah i couldnt think of a title...

Has anyone else been getting a disk read error on Crimson Skies... I have, and it sucks... I no someone else that it happens to too.

WynnFire
12-31-2003, 02:15 AM
Yep, same for me too. I had no problems with it for the longest time and then all of a sudden, BLAM! Dirty Disk Error! I'm mad! I bought that and Rainbow Six at the same time and I love both of them.

dd deeznuts
12-31-2003, 02:53 AM
dam when i first got it i played it for 6 hours and when i went to play it again the ****ing save would'nt load. it just goes to a screen and nothing happens. i see the save but it just doesnt load it man i was pissed arrgggggg ! :cuss:

ScottTheKilla
12-31-2003, 04:03 PM
You guys must have old thompson drives. I had a thompson drive and crimson skies was giving me dirty disc errors too. I thought it was the game but it wasnt. For some odd reason alot of the newer games recently arent working so good with older thompson dvd drives...alot of DDEs. You should call microsoft about it or if not still under warranty replace the drive yourself.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-31-2003, 04:07 PM
The old Thompson mucked up my xbox and it scratched most of the discs I put in. So I bought a new one and that was the new version. Its basically what the new PC uses.

MikeMan91389
01-01-2004, 07:39 AM
i dont have a thompson....thats sick to joke about.. jk... both my boxes are philips, and its only that game. it doesnt have any scratches or anything... and its only happened once...

hehehe

how dare u accuse me of a thompson drive lmao :watchout: :p

Lucifer_Hawk
01-01-2004, 11:25 PM
yeah, I get that error too, and i have a thompson drive, but there is a twist to my story. I noticed that I only get the error if I play the game at about 10:00 at night. I am not stupid or anything, I really did notice that, it nev4er does it any other time of the day, all I do is turn off my box, let it sit for a sec, then I resume playing and it never does it again. hhhmmm.....

Sigma
01-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Never had that problem and I have had the game since it was released.

MikeMan91389
01-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Lucifer_Hawk
yeah, I get that error too, and i have a thompson drive, but there is a twist to my story. I noticed that I only get the error if I play the game at about 10:00 at night. I am not stupid or anything, I really did notice that, it nev4er does it any other time of the day, all I do is turn off my box, let it sit for a sec, then I resume playing and it never does it again. hhhmmm.....

HACKERS.. heh.. jk... thats odd... mine did it around there too...

:watchout:

actually im not positive... it seems like that would b about right tho... that or later....hmm.. ill watch for it

ScottTheKilla
01-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Lucifer_Hawk

Well all I know is I got this game brand new and it would do it after I was playing for awhile, single player or multiplayer at anytime of the day. Then I switched my thomson out for a samsung and never had any problems again. No scratches, no hackers, no problem :D

Hard Boiled Cop
01-02-2004, 06:23 AM
Since I got the new drive, I haven't had that problem for ages now, not for any games whatsoever.

Ninjermy
01-02-2004, 06:23 PM
i like it... its enjoyable and a good story line if u asked me

nof
01-03-2004, 11:49 AM
I get errors on Crimson Skies too.

I've been gaming on my Box a lot more lately and my Thompson drive just starting making all sorts of noises. Time to upgrade my box I guess.

At least I know what's going on now thanks to you guys. I had no idea they used different parts on the machines.

George89
01-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Glad I got the warrenty...I just traded my XBOX in a few months ago because I always had this problem.

LiquidX
01-03-2004, 08:12 PM
I got a DDE on Crimson one time and I think I know how it happened. I was holding my boost and went to accept a mission... I hit X just as I approached the plane and accepted. I didnt hear the guys voice and no music started playing when the enemies approached. Then it gave me a DDE. I think if theres too much going on it crashes.