PDA

View Full Version : Can my Surround Sound Receiver hook up to XBOX?

Brimstone D.
12-31-2003, 08:04 AM
I need to ask you all something, is my Surround Sound Receiver able to hook up to XBOX in the the digital way? I need to know, because I have a television that handles the Component Cables, which is better than S-Video...But at the same time I don't want to buy the cable if my Surround Receiver cannot hook up to the XBOX...Thank You all...

My Reciever is this:

Sony DAV-S300

Here's the Picture of my Receiver to Help you out (http://demon9991.free-host.com/ss.jpg)

*This picture is from my manual book*

See look at #7 but then at the at the the bottom it says 'Connects to a digital satellite receiver"...but I though the Digital In connection was for audio only? Please someone help me out, thanks.

OC Noob
12-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Brimstone D.
I need to ask you all something, is my Surround Sound Receiver able to hook up to XBOX in the the digital way? I need to know, because I have a television that handles the Component Cables, which is better than S-Video...But at the same time I don't want to buy the cable if my Surround Receiver cannot hook up to the XBOX...Thank You all...

My Reciever is this:

Sony DAV-S300

Here's the Picture of my Receiver to Help you out (http://demon9991.free-host.com/ss.jpg)

*This picture is from my manual book*

See look at #7 but then at the at the the bottom it says 'Connects to a digital satellite receiver"...but I though the Digital In connection was for audio only? Please someone help me out, thanks.

Yes, it will work, but you will need the reciever on Video 2 for sound, so if you have something on video 2 now it will have to be moved. You will get the 5.1 surround goodness. Its pretty sweet.

FragMaster B
12-31-2003, 12:43 PM
That diagram is a little confusing. I'm guessing that they mean Optical Digital AUDIO in tho. Go buy one of these (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1618401&cat=120149&type=22&dept=2636&path=0%3A2636%3A78142%3A120144%3A120149) and an optical cable and you should be good to go. Just keep your receipt just in case.

:cheers:

Brimstone D.
12-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks ya'll needed that help out big time...now I'm just gonna buy that piece and I'm set to go -- hopefully (*crosses fingers*)

Yankeez
12-31-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B
That diagram is a little confusing. I'm guessing that they mean Optical Digital AUDIO in tho. Go buy one of these (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1618401&cat=120149&type=22&dept=2636&path=0%3A2636%3A78142%3A120144%3A120149) and an optical cable and you should be good to go. Just keep your receipt just in case.

why doesnt he just get the regular av pack with s-video instead of the hdtv pack unless he has a hdtv

FragMaster B
12-31-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez

why doesnt he just get the regular av pack with s-video instead of the hdtv pack unless he has a hdtv

Cuz he wants to be able to use a Component connection. The Advance pack doesn't have component. Some TVs (like my Wega tube) now support component without the HD ability. Just a cleaner/crisper picture I spose'.

Brimstone D.
12-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I have a Philips '27 tv, that supports Component / S-Video / Composite inputs and it's clearly better in Component as the picture is way better than Composite signals...I used to play my PS2 on Component, freaking thing looked clear, I can only imagine how it will look with the XBOX.

Again, thanks for everyone's help ya'll.

l Maximus l
12-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Brimstone...if you purchase the "High Definition A/V Pack" from XBox, it boasts Component Video cables and includes and out for optical audio. Any optical cable will work just fine.

The other option is to get the XBox Monster 400 series Component Video cables. If you go this route, however, you will have to purchase the proprietary Monster Optical cable. I went this route only because I have a bad ass 50" HDTV and, well, I can :D

MikeMan91389
01-02-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Brimstone...if you purchase the "High Definition A/V Pack" from XBox, it boasts Component Video cables and includes and out for optical audio. Any optical cable will work just fine.

The other option is to get the XBox Monster 400 series Component Video cables. If you go this route, however, you will have to purchase the proprietary Monster Optical cable. I went this route only because I have a bad ass 50" HDTV and, well, I can :D

bwhahaha... u braggin sun of a.... dang, wish i had that!