PDA

View Full Version : fantastic news on Fable

blackiee2002
12-31-2003, 06:27 PM
you guys and fable funs are gonna love this.

quote:
alright... u asked for it...

here it comes

im not kidding:

What you know of Fable... (or think you know) is but an tenth of what is actualy going to be included in the game. After spending three hours reading through the Fable game manual, I was surprised at the ideas Peter and his team had for the game. Just await for a game which will bring more love and lust than all the zeldas and final fantasys combined. Master Chief will need to take out his second gun to bring the fight on Fable.

await for the game and be amazed..... also... the date is very comical in my opinion. Its close up, so I can now tell you to start stocing up on food, drinks and toilet paper, for you will soon be needing it after staying for months straight staring at the big bright screen.

If you guys remember me very well, i said on one occasion that Fable was going to give Halo2 a tough battle in terms of sales and could even surpass it in sales. and i also said if it did not, i will eat my words. apparently i may not have to. u heard it first here.

just look at this quote:
"Master Chief will need to take out his second gun to bring the fight on Fable" aww damm "its gonna be sweet <- fuzioon frenzy"

so what you guys think lets here your inputs. let it flow gang!

oh by the way happy new year to all:D

thrAsher
12-31-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
... I can now tell you to start stocing up on food, drinks and toilet paper, for you will soon be needing it after staying for months straight staring at the big bright screen.
oh by the way happy new year to all:D

I am already planning to take a week off to crack out on Fable. Now, as far as the rest of that, can I just say:

WTF? Who are you quoting?

blackiee2002
12-31-2003, 06:40 PM
oh sorrry i was so excited i forgot the link. its here:
Link yo (http://reynard.proboards22.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&num=1072620418&start=15)

RagunCajun
12-31-2003, 06:52 PM
why even mention masterchief. halo isnt the same knid of game as fable. Anyways, ive never heard bad things about fable. I will enjoy it for sure.

blackiee2002
12-31-2003, 07:07 PM
People are talking about this at the Alter Ego forums. that is where the source is. once again. This is gonna be sweet:D

thrAsher
12-31-2003, 07:13 PM
I will believe what this 'Reynard' says when I have the same manual in my hot, sweaty hands.

Peepers
12-31-2003, 08:04 PM
Assuming this is a credible source, how much info can one glean from the manual? Probably not very much.

blackiee2002
12-31-2003, 08:17 PM
[Assuming this is a credible source, how much info can one glean from the manual? Probably not very much.]

may be from fable it is. any way from what he says, we don't have to wait much longer. ;)

Peepers
12-31-2003, 08:26 PM

may be from fable it is. any way from what he says, we don't have to wait much longer. ;)

***Peepers runs and checks all his game manuals. He doesn't find a release date in any of them.

How can you get an idea of a release date from what might be an early edition of the manual?

Maybe "Reynard" has good connections. But if he leaked this realease date estimate without the go-ahead of Lionhead, he might have just lost his connections, so that seems unlikely. If Lionhead wants the buzz to get out, why not announce it on their website and put out a press-release? It just seems weird.

l Maximus l
12-31-2003, 09:20 PM
We'll see the game when it's good and ready. Unless the words are stated from the horse's mouth, it's all just heresay.

Don't believe everything you read, dudes...no matter how good it sounds. If Peter Molyneux has stated something, then, call it reliable...or someone else from the creators of Fable.

oldi1knoby
01-01-2004, 05:27 AM
I can't wait to get this game. It's coming out Q1 this year right? ...drool.... Is there any official release date, or is it all speculation?

CarGuy
01-01-2004, 07:23 AM
Most retarded thread ever...:cuss:

blackiee2002
01-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Cool your jets Burns:mad: don't star nothing and the aint gon be nothing :argue1:

OC Noob
01-01-2004, 01:22 PM
People should read the linked thread, it holds answers to many questions/complaints.

He spent time at Big Blue Box playing the game and spending time with the devs. He didn't just get a manual and make those statements. Read the thread.

He didn't give the release date away either. He hinted that it would be soon and that the date was a funny one for some reason. He didn't give away a release date that BBB would be pissed off about, just a teaser.

He also said after running all his stuff by BBB he would post it on the main site for all to see.

I'd keep an eye on that site for some new info on Fable.

This looks good, it would be sweet if they were looking at an April 1 release date.

Peepers
01-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Most retarded thread ever...:cuss:

No it's not. This thread has semi-reliable and semi-specific info on a game that we're all drooling after. So, while it may not be the utimate thread, I found it to be very good, espescially considering how desperate we are for Fable news.

Slacker
01-01-2004, 05:00 PM
since it's from this site and Reynard, I am 99.9% what he says is true , to bad he couldn't give more info, but I really don't wan't to know , it makes the game better IMO. well Im off to buy some MRE's and Depends undergarments , and an IV for No-Doze, and break up with my girlfriend and quit my job, ,,,

blackiee2002
01-01-2004, 05:05 PM
thanks for backing me up peeperes:)

thrAsher
01-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Good find, blackiee. Those boards are usually pretty droll, so I never get in there anymore.

After perusing the boards at AE a bit more, I came across this thread ( http://reynard.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1072987052 ) in which Reynard goes over his first day at Lionhead.

I particularly got goosebumps when he describes seeing Fable being played:

...for as I passed the testing booth, for the first time I actually saw Fable being played freely. I must admit, that at that very sight, a tear came out of my eye. What I saw was the beauty in which many ways surpassed any screenshots we have ever had the pleasure of seeing. The hero walked about the surrounding environment with out a care in the world and the ways the shadows played along his face and how the wind swept the leaves along the path was beauty it itself. In all words that man has created, none can completely describe the beauty of what was in front of me.

A little starstruck, ya think? :) I believe I'd probably feel the same way, though.

Now, back to AE to see if any other tidbits have been divulged.

Peepers
01-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
Good find, blackiee. Those boards are usually pretty droll, so I never get in there anymore.

After perusing the boards at AE a bit more, I came across this thread ( http://reynard.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=general&amp;action=display&amp;num=1072987052 ) in which Reynard goes over his first day at Lionhead.

I particularly got goosebumps when he describes seeing Fable being played:

A little starstruck, ya think? :) I believe I'd probably feel the same way, though.

Now, back to AE to see if any other tidbits have been divulged.

Cool find. Not very specific, but I guess the game will be very moving...

I'm actually hoping to hear criticism about the game. I already have high expectations, now I want to know in what areas I should not get my hopes up. It's just a little weird to only hear good things about a game...it makes me nervous.

blackiee2002
01-01-2004, 05:57 PM
way to go thrAsher, this further proves i am not making it up cool. I will try and copy and paste the whole

blackiee2002
01-01-2004, 06:03 PM
[It's just a little weird to only hear good things about a game...it makes me nervous.]

Kotor was able to accomplish that:) have u forgoten so soon

dances with broom sticks
01-01-2004, 08:11 PM
skipped the last half of the posts, but here is my say:

If the release date is "funny" the only thing I can think of is february 29th. Its a leap year. Only date that would be in any way "funny"?

I am still holding back my hype for this game. For some reason I think that a game that promises this many great things will fall short. I hope I am wrong, but either way, I either be really happy, or in the least, not let down.

Peepers
01-01-2004, 08:55 PM

Kotor was able to accomplish that:) have u forgoten so soon

Not quite. Priot to KotOR's release I atleast heard people saying "it looks like_____ still needs more improvement. etc" But when it comes to Fable, everyone who sees the game O-faces all over the place, which is probably a good sign, but it makes me nervous, espescially since the praise is kinda generic.

Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
skipped the last half of the posts, but here is my say:

If the release date is &quot;funny&quot; the only thing I can think of is february 29th. Its a leap year. Only date that would be in any way &quot;funny&quot;?

I am still holding back my hype for this game. For some reason I think that a game that promises this many great things will fall short. I hope I am wrong, but either way, I either be really happy, or in the least, not let down.

That's a very interesting thought, but if the date were that soon, one would think we'd have more detailed info on the game; I mean it would have to go gold in a few weeks if that were the case. I'm not going to hold my breath for this game until summer, and it might come out even later then that.

DocHoliday78
01-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
I'm not going to hold my breath for this game until summer, and it might come out even later then that.

Same here, i realized that the more and more i hype up a game the longer the wait feels.

dances with broom sticks
01-01-2004, 09:31 PM

Not quite. Priot to KotOR's release I atleast heard people saying &quot;it looks like_____ still needs more improvement. etc&quot; But when it comes to Fable, everyone who sees the game O-faces all over the place, which is probably a good sign, but it makes me nervous, espescially since the praise is kinda generic.

That's a very interesting thought, but if the date were that soon, one would think we'd have more detailed info on the game; I mean it would have to go gold in a few weeks if that were the case. I'm not going to hold my breath for this game until summer, and it might come out even later then that.

Oh I doubt thats the date, even the one this person was implying, but its the only date I can think of, other than april 1st.

I dont think we will see this game that soon either, we will know the date at least 4 months ahead of time I think, or at least know its coming about then, so preorders and hype will really pick up.

thrAsher
01-01-2004, 09:51 PM
More tidbits from AE.

First, this posted 12/21. Brief but interesting.

Link (http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~fable/newsbackend/comments.php?id=74_0_1_0_C)

Gradius dropped into #fable last night and shared a couple of morsels with some B5 regulars:

[LH]Gradius> double weapons?
[LH]Gradius> the hero can not use 2 weapons at once...one in either hand
[LH]Gradius> but there are weapons that need 2 hands to use
[LH]Gradius> and some enemies can use 2 weapons at once
[...]
[LH]Gradius> the run of the mill villagers do not age in 'realtime'
[LH]Gradius> they do not age morph like the hero
PheonixReborn> but do they age over chapters
[LH]Gradius> aye

And some more from Reynard about the manual and etc. :

Because if I remember correctly, it was about 130 pages long and it contained detailed information on everything from the storyline, to every kind of weapon, armour, upgrades, characters, skills, magic, game style, format, towns, monsters, actions, minigames, and all of it has detailed descriptions of it. When I finished reading it I was amazed at more than half of the ideas inserted.

What will be included in this game, you wont see in any other game out there.... Ah!!! I wish I could tell you something! Mabye later on Lionhead will give me the greenlight to tell you on one of my favourite mini games. But till now, just wait and see.

Link (http://reynard.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=general&num=1072620418&action=display&start=45)

:cool:

blackiee2002
01-01-2004, 10:10 PM
wow thrAsher. man ur good

look at this though

[Ah!!! I wish I could tell you something! Mabye later on Lionhead will give me the greenlight to tell you on one of my favourite mini games. But till now, just wait and see.]

wow what could this be? we already know we have a mini fishing game. yeap that's right gang! i will go fishing with my son in Fable wohoo. any way back on track, what do you guys think it is. any ideas?
by the way thrAshser:cheers:

Peepers
01-01-2004, 10:30 PM
A 130 page long manual? How would that even fit in the Xbox game case? Either Molyneux thinks he's deving for the PC, or that's an all out strategy guide!!! Dang' that's impressive.

CarGuy
01-02-2004, 09:24 AM
A 130 page long manual? How would that even fit in the Xbox game case? Either Molyneux thinks he's deving for the PC, or that's an all out strategy guide!!! Dang' that's impressive.

He meant the game production manual (or something). Not the instruction booklet. Somebody clarified that in BBB forums..

mattgame
01-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a time consuming game except that I read the main gameplay is only 20 plus hours. Also isn't it coming out in June? :huh:

thrAsher
01-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
Sounds like a time consuming game except that I read the main gameplay is only 20 plus hours. Also isn't it coming out in June? :huh:

That's 20 some hours if you run straight through the main quest. W/ sidequests, mini-games, house/shop buying, marriage, raising a family, general sightseeing/exploring, I can see people getting many, many more hours out of the game.

I have full faith I'll play it a couple times through, just to try out different routes (ie: evil mofo one time, good guy paladin type the next, rascally thief, etc.).

The release date remains up in the air, however. I'm guessing April (or hoping, I suppose).

Peepers
01-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy

He meant the game production manual (or something). Not the instruction booklet. Somebody clarified that in BBB forums..

Hmm...You seem to have gained quite a bit of interest in what you called the "Most retarded thread ever..." :rolleyes:

XpowerX
01-02-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm also HOPING April. I doubt it will come any earlier than that. Doesn't Halo 2 come out in April. That would be the greatest month ever if so!!:D

robnyack
01-02-2004, 04:55 PM
wow...awesome.

I cant wait for 2007 when it finally comes out just a little behind schedule.

blackiee2002
01-03-2004, 08:18 PM
[I cant wait for 2007 when it finally comes out just a little behind schedule.]

boy i can't wait to see the expression on your face when FABLE comes out in MARCH:p

TuffEagle88
01-03-2004, 10:33 PM
he sounds credible enough, besides I've been in BBB and lionhead studios forums before and there are quite a few developers that go in there so I definately believe what this guy says, and the fact that he is a mod and seems to be respected by the other members seems to give him enough credibility for me. I've never been there before but it sure looks like a decient site.

130 pages huh??:yikes: DAMN!!!!! I play games so I can forget what I learned in school, not to exercise it!! :eek:

oh well, :hail: all hail Fable, the lord of all RPGs and the game thats gonna bury Final Fantasy forever!!!!!!!!! :hail:

hahahahahahaha!!!! take that you pos fanboys!!!!!!! hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

thrAsher
01-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Reynard got his full write up on his time at Lionhead and BBB.
Here it is (http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~fable/misc/lionhead/lionhead.php), in all it's long-windedness.

Peepers
01-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
Reynard got his full write up on his time at Lionhead and BBB.
Here it is (http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~fable/misc/lionhead/lionhead.php), in all it's long-windedness.

Dang, that is long winded. I only read about 3/4 of the first page, and from what I saw, about 2/3 of those words were completely unneccessary. I need to come back to this when I have more endurance.

George89
01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Cool I can't wait for its release.

thrAsher
01-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Dang, that is long winded. ... I need to come back to this when I have more endurance.

Some advice...if a paragraph starts w/ "I woke up this morning and had a bagette and a bit of tea....blahblahblah", skip it! Go on to the next paragraph and pray for meaningful info.